• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If we could have a day & night cycle for certain worlds, that be greeeeat!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiji

Not sure if this has been discussed before, (Totally has, probably lol) but I would really like to have a day & night cycle for some of the worlds in KH3 to emphasize that these are indeed, genuine and full of life worlds . I just think that it would be a miss opportunity to not include this in some capacity.

We may actually have hints of this being implemented if we pay close attention to some of the trailers. In Olympus we see Sora battling the Rock Titan in a rainy night while in another trailer we see him fighting some heartless in a morning environment. This could totally be a script implementation of a day & night cycle like they've done before, but I personally prefer if they would implement it like a lot of open world games do where you have like 20-ish minutes of day time, little midday transition and 20-is minutes of night time.

Sanfransokyo is the mayor reason I'm advocating for this. It just wouldn't feel right to me to just view that world (and some others) in one just one way. I don't mind some of the other worlds since their stories will probably be focused in-doors instead of a more free environment, but worlds like Sanfransokyo, Frozen, Tangled and others would totally benefit from this option. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to game development, but If the Osaka team finds this to be a difficult task to pull off then why not just do what the new SotC game is doing and just give the players the option to change how the environment looks by just going to the options menu? That could even be an unlockable thing you get when you finish the game or something, but I just want it to be a thing we can do xD

Exited to read some your thoughts on this.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
It might be tied to story progression though -- as you said, it's scripted. When you reach a certain point in the plot of a world, it'll change. Like, Tangled's world might be daytime for most of the time you're travelling to Corona, but it'll be nighttime for the lantern scene and it'll stay night until you progress the story into the next day.

That way, it doesn't mess up the passing of time in worlds that have a shorter time span, and it feels sequential. Tangled's timeline is important, because the lantern scene has to happen on a specific day, though some other worlds (like BH6's) don't need to be so constrained.

I think it'd be neat if, after the world's story is wrapped up, it then implements a cycle like you said. Or it'll randomly pick time or weather when you go into a world. It would make it feel like time has actually passed, unlike previous games where you can hop in 20 hours later and nothing has progressed. Then there'll be worlds like Twilight Town, where it's always sunset, but it'll stick out so much more.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Night & Day cycles for certain worlds has been one of my little hopes for KH3, not really expecting it but it'll be great if is was there.

I do wonder if Twilight Town is really perpetually twilight, though. Only reason i say that is because Daybreak town seems to transition to night even though it's called Daybreak Town.

Wouldn't be hard to imagine having Twilight Town transition to night/twilight only, that and Twilight Town at night seems like it would look pretty great. I can see it easily looking better at night..though that could be just me preferring night over any other time of day.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I was thinking that maybe when you arrive in gummiship, you are given the option of arrive at day or night?

But only if you already completes the world.

Caxinuld

Awards
It would be cool to a day and night cycle in any KH game, but I'm certain Nomura wouldn't just add it in without new mechanics, like daytime making Heartless weaker, but exp gain being reduced and nighttime making Heartless stronger, with boosted EXP gains.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I imagine that'd mainly be for a reoccuring world like Radiant Garden, rather than a world that'd only be visited once.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm definitely in for that. As mentioned above, worlds like Corona would just make sense to have a shift in daytime, and there's also others I'd like to see in case they are in the game, like Destiny Islands.

Reiji

It might be tied to story progression though -- as you said, it's scripted. When you reach a certain point in the plot of a world, it'll change. Like, Tangled's world might be daytime for most of the time you're travelling to Corona, but it'll be nighttime for the lantern scene and it'll stay night until you progress the story into the next day.

That way, it doesn't mess up the passing of time in worlds that have a shorter time span, and it feels sequential. Tangled's timeline is important, because the lantern scene has to happen on a specific day, though some other worlds (like BH6's) don't need to be so constrained.
Yeah, that will probably be the way they'll implemented for sure with some specific worlds like Tangled, but I do really hope they give this feature to worlds that their stories don't rely heavily on a specific day time. I can just imagine being in place where there's no lights and suddenly you see yellow dots popping from the ground and realize it's the heartless.

Night & Day cycles for certain worlds has been one of my little hopes for KH3, not really expecting it but it'll be great if is was there.
Yeah, I doubt my thoughts on the game would change if there wasn't time progression, really. It's like Gravity Rush 2. Enjoyed gravity shifting my way into gorgeous landscapes like Jirga Para Lhao & Heckseville, but I still can't let pass the thought of how amazing those cities would look at night. That being said, I didn't felt like it made the game less good. It's One of my favorite games from last year.

Again, I don't think this is something that KH3 desperately needs. There's obviously other priorities on the list like actual NPCs and sidequests to develop the setting & lore of each world, but a day & night cycle would just be the cherry on top of a game that I already know I'll have the time of my life playing with.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I do wonder if Twilight Town is really perpetually twilight, though. Only reason i say that is because Daybreak town seems to transition to night even though it's called Daybreak Town.

Wouldn't be hard to imagine having Twilight Town transition to night/twilight only, that and Twilight Town at night seems like it would look pretty great. I can see it easily looking better at night..though that could be just me preferring night over any other time of day.

Daybreak Town (and all of X) is weird, so I'm not surprised it's inconsistent with the name... but I don't know if they ever stated it was supposed to always be morning/sunrise there. But this is definitely the case with Twilight Town.

After KH2's opening, Roxas wakes up and opens the window. It's twilight, but it should be sunrise. It's the same time of day throughout the entirety of the prologue, even though it should start out in the morning and then maybe end around sunset/night. In Days after their missions, it's still sunset, even though it's daytime in the other worlds.

On the other hand, Traverse Town is meant to always be nighttime, so they've already done that.

I'm definitely in for that. As mentioned above, worlds like Corona would just make sense to have a shift in daytime, and there's also others I'd like to see in case they are in the game, like Destiny Islands.

If Destiny Islands is visit-able (and not just through cutscenes like in BBS or KH2), this should definitely be a feature. It's one of the only worlds we consistently see at different times of the day... in BBS alone we've seen it at nighttime, sunset, and day already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back