• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I wrote this awhile ago

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Tom

If you guys have the time to read though it, give me some feedback!

I'm A Defect

I'm late to work again. Traffic was killer. I'm glad I don't have a car anymore. Boss might not know that I just arrived. I start too walk up the concrete stairs leading too the office. Boss is standing there with a semi-automatic high powered rifle. He cocks the gun and says “Traffic doesn't exist” and blows me away.

I wake up. I'm sit up in my chair and rub my eyes. I look outside. Fifth story on a Five story office building. Birds start perching outside my window. I imagine myself a bird. Soring though the sky. My boss walks in with a few files and throws them on my desk. “Hey, your on the job.” he says. I drift back into reality and pick up the files. He is wearing a Dilbert tie. I ask him what's the special occasion.”Oh you like it? I picked it up at Target. I saw it and screamed my name.” I tell him a short story about how I saw a 8-bit pixel tie at a thrift store once. I don't think he gets It. “Well back to business, I need you too draw up a dynamite ad for our new soda.” I think of Nachos. He leaves before I can ask him what our sponsor was. I sit there for a few minutes deciding on what I should do next. I decide that I'm gonna go ask the cute new chick if she has an idea. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll put out. What? I'm walking down the hallway leading too her office. As I'm walking I overhear that Ryan's is going on another “business trip” to The Bahamas. Boss is either real happy that he's leaving for trying too protect him from everyone else's jealously. Every time he leaves, I hope for a engine failure or something.

I arrive at her desk to find this nice little sheet of paper telling me she's at lunch. I take the paper and write “OH MY LUCK” on it. The other workers laugh. I'm the warm little center of this workplace. I can make anyone laugh and everyone loves me. Except for Ryan's. Fuck him. I walk back to my desk and play solitaire for the rest of the day. Six thirty rolls by and I leave. I get paid well, hours are damn good. As I'm leaving Boss asks if I make any progress. I tell him that I'll get on it when I'm at home. He smiles and wishes me luck. I tell him that if I'm drunk enough I'll get it done by this weekend. We both laugh.

I'm now on my way home. Traffic seems clogged up as usual. So I take a quick detour down Clinton street. I have no idea why I choose to go home this way. I'm not even in a car. But whatever. I have time too kill. And Clinton Street has a fuckload of things there. So as I'm walking down the street I see a shabby little art museum. I decide I could use some inspiration for my ad. I pay the two fifty admission to get in. I'm walking down the walls full of art hanging from little nails. I stare at one. Andy Warhol - Soup Can. I think I wanna shoot a rainbow out of my special ray gun. Then I hear something pounding though plywood. I decide it has to be better then staring at a soup can. So I turn the corner and I see something that I was completely unprepared for. There, nailing a picture into the wall, was the most beautiful girl ever. She was of Asian decent. Shoulder length black hair with pink stripes in it. She was wearing a Of Montreal shirt. Tattered jeans that look like they were almost completely destroyed. Man, What a babe I think to myself. Just then, she grabbed my hand and starts shouting. “Oh what a lovely looking picture, don't you agree honeys? Oh this man deserves a million dollars! Oh what's this? Why darling, a girl made this! Sarah Maldono! Why...It's....It's....PERFECT!” She still has my hand as we walk out the door. They ask if we had a good time. She says It was worth the money plus more. They smile, I smile, She smiles.

After all this she pulls me into an ally and explains everything. She says that she is an artist that is down on her luck. So too get her name out there, she goes to art museums and personally hangs her art. So if by chance someone likes it they can trace her down and buy it off of her. I think “Man, Why didn't I do that?” She says that if I'm interested, She would be more then happy to sell something to me. I tell her that I'm an artist for a company down the block from here. The company pretty much draws up ads for bigger business. I was the co-creator for Game Fuel. But that faggot Ryan's took it from me. I hate him oh so much. She laughs at tells me about this one time a guy bumped into her and tried to start a fight with her. So she gave him a black eye and he left. What a hero she is! We decide too get to know each other a little more. So we go to this bar In the almost completely dead part of town. What a coincidence, I shop at the thrift stores around here sometimes.

So we got seated at this sketchy little bar called The Lounge. We get the menus and she orders her usual. I don't want to be a complete slob and order Nachos. But what the hell. Extra cheese. Yum. Now were talking about past experiences and what not. Apparently we went to the same high school and had a few classes together. I remember only one time though. We were doing a huge report over BTK. Afterwards I got on one knee and kissed her hand and said My Liege. But that was quite some time ago.

After dinner we hug each other good night and go home. I cut though yards like a mother fucker. I think some guy called the cops are something. Two cars were staking out the neighborhood. As I'm walking walking home I see a small flower. An index card was sitting next to it. It just says Kyle. I get a semi for no reason.

The next day at work all I can think about is that girl. Wow, what a lovely person I think. Boss comes in asking for the ad. I tell him about my little date last night. He says I'm way out of my league. I get up and threaten to fight him. We laugh and I get to work. I'm halfway done when lunch break comes bye. So I decide to go to a gas station near here and get some of those nachos. I pour a fuck load of cheese all over them. And add a little lettuce and olives to look cool. For three bucks it's totally worth it. I'm walking back to the office when I feel something. It's like a sixth sense or something. But the second I stop someones arms wrap around me. I almost fall down from the the force of the person jumping on my back. I stand there for a second and look over. Guess who it is?

Back in my office, me and her are working on the project when Boss walks in. He smiles and greets himself. Sarah and Boss are having a lovely discussion when that no good, fucking backstabbing son of a bitch Ryan's walks bye. If I wasn't the warm little center of the office, I would have broken his nose by now. Now Shara, Ryan's and Boss are talking while I'm sitting here working on the project. He comes over and tells me that my ad seems a little “damp.” I tell him that he should have stayed in The Bahamas where no one would care about him. A few naughty words are said and Boss tells Ryan's to get back to work. Boss I think I love you.

That night we go back to my house. Its a decent sized home. Three bed rooms. Two bathrooms and a single room with my art and stories and whatnot. I tell her to roam around and make herself at home. I walk over to the kitchen and begin to make green tea. Yum. I get all the shit out and begin to make it and whatever. I tilt my head to see if Sarah is in the room, she wasn't. I didn't think much of it. SO I went at the tea making.

After a few minutes the tea is done and I get out two on the ice glasses and pour some tea in it. I start drinking mine like a wild animal. I was gonna drown if I went any faster. I grab her glass and begin to walk around the house trying to find her. I check the bathrooms, Both doors were open so I suspected no one in there. I check my bedroom, no one. I check another, nothing. I check my computer room, not a soul. So I check my studio. There I see her sitting down reading a little black book.
It has dark purple stripes on it.
Where have I seen this before?
This seems so...distant.
My Journal
My Dairy.
She's reading my Dairy.
She's crying.
She calls me a monster and storms out of my house.
I walk over to the open book.
I look at the last three words in the dairy.
There are tear marks all over the page.

I wake up. I'm sit up in my chair and rub my eyes. I look outside. Fifth story on a Five story office building. Birds start perching outside my window. I imagine myself a bird. Soring though the sky. My boss walks in with a few files and throws them on my desk. “Hey, your on the job.” he says. I drift back into reality and pick up the files. As he is talking to me I look outside the window. I see the most beautiful girl ever. She was of Asian decent. Shoulder length black hair with pink stripes in it. She was wearing a Of Montreal shirt. Tattered jeans that look like they were almost completely destroyed.

I deiced to go to the art museum tonight.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Um...WHat was in the Journal/Diary? I seriously don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back