• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I want to play KH2: FM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
I want to get KH2: FM+, but I need it to be in english. I also wanted to get Re: CoM. You need swap magic to have it in english though, right? I need info on Swap Magic.

1) Is it illegal? I had heard it was so I wanted to make sure before I got it.
2) Which version of Swap Magic is best?
3) What ps2 consol can have Swap Magic? (I have a new-ish silver model, it's WAY smaller than the original ps2)
4) Do you need more than the Swap Magic disk for Swap Magic to work?

Any help would be highly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Athaydea

Bronze Member
you're not gonna find final mix + in english dude - all the new cutscenes and subs are in japanese .. along with the menu and everything else thats writen out .. sorry = /
and also swap magic wont make Re:CoM in english either.. thats all japanese

but you DO need swap magic to play either game on an AMERICAN ps2

Last edited:

General Xenos

u didnt answer her question though
well i'll get an answer if u wont answer her

1.wat type of swap maic?
2.i know u have to buy something else other than swap magic, so what is it?

i know Re:com isnt in english, but KH2FM is (cept for those un voiced scenes)

Rauxlen

Awards
Thanks :) So you can make KH2: FM have english in it? cool. too bad about Re: CoM, though. I still don't know if it's legal or not. I found out that I have a ps2 slim, so i think i would need swap magic ver. 3. k soooo i still need a little help, but that's ok for now :) i still don't know if it's legal or not and that's all I would need to know.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
u didnt answer her question though
well i'll get an answer if u wont answer her

1.wat type of swap maic?
2.i know u have to buy something else other than swap magic, so what is it?

i know Re:com isnt in english, but KH2FM is (cept for those un voiced scenes)

youre right .. so i will ..

I want to get KH2: FM+, but I need it to be in english. I also wanted to get Re: CoM. You need swap magic to have it in english though, right? I need info on Swap Magic.

1) Is it illegal? I had heard it was so I wanted to make sure before I got it.
2) Which version of Swap Magic is best?
3) What ps2 consol can have Swap Magic? (I have a new-ish silver model, it's WAY smaller than the original ps2)
4) Do you need more than the Swap Magic disk for Swap Magic to work?

Any help would be highly appreciated. :thumbsup:

1) as far as i know .. i dont think it is illegal .. but i use it and purchased it over the inernet so i dont really see why it would be
2) it would depend on which type of PS2 you have (if thats what you meant) .. if not .. then the newest version
3) any of them can .. but you need to use a different type depending on the ps2 .. im not really sure about which one goes for which other than the one i have
4) yes you do

Hyrenking

Ooh! I can help, I have the same type PS2 and have KH2FM running on it with swap magic right now!
1. It is NOT illegal if you buy swap magic, then import the game, then play your imported version.
IT IS illegal if you buy swap magic, then download a torrent file of KH2FM, and then burn that to a DVD, and play that.
A lot of people use swap magic as a cheap way to pirate games, so I'm not surprised you heard it was illegal.
2. Last I checked, the newest version of swap magic was 3.8, and it was called CODER of something. What this has that is different to the last version, 3.6, is that it can use video game cheat codes, hence the name. Though 3.6 has the same kind of compatibility as 3.8, and I purchased 3.6 because it was cheaper and I don't use cheat codes.
3. Any PS2 can have swap magic run on it! BUT you must block some sensors in your PS2 so that you can open the disc tray without the PS2 turning off drive. You can buy some cheap metal parts to do this, sold at most sights that sell swap magic, or you can do it for free, by either opening your PS2 and taping these sensors down or using straw, tape, and tissue, to cover them. I went for the tape, tissue, and straw, again, its cheap, and it doesn't void your warranty like opening it does, but if you have already used up your warranty (I think its 90 days) feel free to open the puppy up and take a look around.
4.Like I said, you need to block the sensors, there are a lot of helpful guides that can be found searching on google for, Tape and Tissue mod, or even videos on youtube, if searched for the same thing.

If you need more help, feel free to send me a private message, and I can give more specific advice, but there are many guides that can help probably just as much as me.
Good Luck!

Rauxlen

Awards
Thank you everyone! I found out that I have the PS2 Slim (i think that's what it's called, if not something close to it). So I think I would need to get the 3.6 or 3.8 Swap Magic. Once I get enough money, I'm gonna get everything I need for the Swap Magic and KH2: FM. OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!! I needed something to play while I'm waiting for 358/2 Days to come out :p

Oh, and I also heard it was illegal because it could damage your PS2. But I would NEVER download games online and burn them on a disk! I think that's wrong.

Awards
I was thinkinn about the language issues, and couldn't you just hack the game and make an English pack (subtitles, menu, blah blah blah) for it and tell others how to put it on or something?

Sexy Angel
you're not gonna find final mix + in english dude - all the new cutscenes and subs are in japanese .. along with the menu and everything else thats writen out .. sorry = /
and also swap magic wont make Re:CoM in english either.. thats all japanese

Dude, all existing scenes are in English with Japenese Subtitles, while New scenes are in Japanese with Japanese subtitles.

Re:CoM is all new scenes...

septiroth99

somewhere in the dark...hitting menos grandes!
well i dont got KH2FM but i DO have Narutimate Accel 2 from Japan. i used Swap Magic 3.6 works perfectly. and you cant change it to english my advice..ONLINE GUIDE!

GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + (PS2) Translation Guide by starrk

and i got black fat PS2.

woa! great translation! where did you find that!!

also i'm waiting to get more money so i can import kh2 final mix + and a swap magic 3.6
i think it helps. with this oen is a small chance of bringing damage to your ps2.

Rauxlen

Awards
whoa... so many new posts... Ok... I guess I found out what I need to know... Let's see...

1) I need swap magic to PLAY KH2: FM on my PS2.
2) It is not illegal as long as you import the game.
3) Swap Magic does not change subtitles or languages... But all the original scenes in KH2: FM are in english... And for new scenes I need a translation guide.

Thank you everyone! And a special thank you to KHdude21 for the guide link!

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Dude, all existing scenes are in English with Japenese Subtitles, while New scenes are in Japanese with Japanese subtitles.

Re:CoM is all new scenes...

i knew that .. i just meant that your not gonna find the game completely in english .. yah know what i mean??

Rauxlen

Awards
I got it. Now I think I got everything I need to know, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back