• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

i need tips

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MxUltima

Either in the endless abyss,the boulivard of broke
im writeing a 5 book series based on a wooden ventriliquest dummy that comes to life

Even Dummies Have Their Time To Shine
The Awakening book 1

Chapter 1 - In which Mike and Dan get in over their head
Once there were four great friends named Daniel,Gianni,Brandon,and Michael and they find something that changes there lives.... forever!

If somebody ever asks me what the most exciting thing of my life was I would have to say the experience I had two years ago with my three best friends. Of course one of them was lost because of the incident.....Here. Let me tell you the whole story.
Our story begins with Gianni,and Mike going to school. "Hey Mike!"Gianni calls. "What's up Gianni?" "Nothing much." "What about you?" "Nothing. Hey listen have you see Dan lately? He's been sick for a long time now." "No that's a good question." "Here comes the buss. Hey why don't we go see how he's doing after school today?" "Okay."..... "Good morning losers." "Shut up Donald!" Gianni yells. "Come on man just let it go. You've hated him since preK!" Mike says. "Lets just find a seat." "You don't know Donald like I do."(sigh)..... "Hey Ashley!" Mike calls. "Hi Mike." Then Michael suddenly hears Gianni silently chanting "Mike and Ashley sitting in a tree.K-I-S-S-I-N-G.".....No body says anything untill they reach school. Then when they get off the buss BANG!

Owww! "What was that for Mike!" "For chanting that stupid love song on the buss!" "Come on Gianni lets go! Only two days left of torture uh I mean school untill summer vacation!" "It's about time! Wait what do you mean torture? I thought you actually liked school. Hey where you going?" Then Gianni starts to run off to catch up with Mike. The reason Gianni says that "Mike likes school" is that he is the smartest in his grade. No joke there. He even got to skip the third grade which is why Gianni is in fifth and he's already in sixth!

(Now later on in class is where I come in) "Yo what's going on Michael?" "Hey Brandon. Waz up?" "Nothing much. Can't believe schools almost over." "Yeah I know." "I also can't believe what I found in the hallway on my way to class this morning." "What?" "Brandon.Michael.Take your seats please." "Yes Mrs.Elimanco." "Class is dissmissed." "So Brandon what were you telling me before?" "Here instead i'll just show you. We finshed technology so we got a free period. Come on. It's this way." "How much longer?" "It's right... AHH!"

"Oh it's just you.Don't scare me like that Gianni!" "Sorry Brandon. I have a free period and just came to check out the door." "So what. It's just a door." "Mike, look between the crack. There's some sort of glow radiateing from the other side. Stand right here and look." "What the heck!? That's an aura borealis!" "Exactly why me and Gianni came back to see it." "Lets go in!" Mike says enthusiasticly. "I thought you were the smart one Mike." Gianni says. "Door is locked and there is no key." "What do ya mean no key? The janitor will surely have one!" Then I say "Look at the door handle genius. Where do you see a keyhole?" "Hey your right. That's weird." Then Gianni suggested that "Hey maybe Dan knows something. He's always saying he knows all of the secrets in the world." "Good idea!" Mike says. "I don't know. Aw what the heck I'll come." Me and Dan aren't as close as the others.

RING! RING! "There's the bell. We should be getting back to class now. See you later Gianni! Hurry up Mike! Are you still gawking at that door?" "Yeah,yeah i'll be there in a miniute." "Okay. But don't come crying to me when your late."....."Mihael your late. Please take your seat." "Yes Mrs.Elimanco."..."I told you that you'd be late." "I know. I just was really curious about that door and I..." "Well Mike you will be glad to hear that since it's the end of the year you won't get in trouble for interupting. And also that you get a free period to discuss all of your matters when I am done talking." "Okay Mrs.Elimanco." "You too Glovich." "Okey-Dokey." "Well then what are you all standing around for? Free period!"

"So Mike. What was it you were saying?" "It was just that I thi OWW!

"Mike! Are you okay?!" "Yeah. What was that? Look over there! At the end of the hallway! Catch it!" "Wait up Mike! You got to much of a head start! "Can't slow down or it will get away!" PUFF! PUFF! "There! OH MY GOD!" "Huh! Huh! Wha-What? What happened? It just like flew through the door! I knew there was something strange going on!" "Like I knew there was something strange going on. Ah hahaha!" "Get out of the way Donald! "What's the word i'm looking for?...Uh...Oh that's right NO. "Here's a new word for ya: NOW! Oh and congragulations. Now that you know that word you officially can speak ten words!" "You better watch it punk! Ya never know what's comeing! SLAP! "OWW ho ho ho.!" "You better get out of here now before I beat the shit out of you Donald." "Watch your language B-dog. When are you gonna start hanging out with me? HUH?" "How about when you get a life!" "You had better just watch yourselves!" "Hugh"..... I can tell sometimes that Mike really loves having me for a friend. I can tell because i'm the only one that Donald is actually afraid.

"Finally the school day is over. Just one more day. Hey guys,after we go see Dan why don't you come over to my house." "Really?" Gianni asks this because he has never been over before. "Sure." Then Mike chirps in "His house is over there. C'mon! Hurry up!" Then all of a sudden it happened! "MIKE LOOK OUT!" I yelled. TWACK!

Mike was just hit by a huge truck. "That idiot!" "Brandon shut up and help me get Mike up! You can beat those people up later!"..... "You okay Mike?" I ask. "What happened to me? Where am I? OW!" "Were in the hospital because somebody ran you over and when they did they broke your legs and most of your left hand." " So where's Gianni? Did you get to Dan's house? And wha "Oh enough already. Just relax. I'll explain everything."

5 miniutes later "So wait a miniute. You missed the last day of school just to sit next to me all day?" "Yeah that's what friends are for. And i'm sure that Gianni would be here too if his mom had let him." "Oh sure. He told me that no matter what happens he would always get in on the last day." "Well I'll be back later. I told mom i'd fill her in once you woke up. I'd also like to see Dan. Aparently he was kidnaped but managed to escape. But just barely. He was almost killed. Gotta go. See ya!" I left before he could give anymore questions because I felt there were some more important ones for Daniel. So I went down to ask if I could see him. Little did I know what I was about to figure out.

"Excuse me mame. Can I see my friend Daniel. He's in room 1206." "What? Ah yes Daniel. I'm sorry but Daniel may not have any visitors for the next eight hours. But if you come back tonight or tomorrow you should be able to see him depending on how he's feeling." "Please! I won't be any trouble." "I'm sorry sir but i'm afraid you can't yet." "Okay. One more question. Can I use the phone so I can call my mom?" "Sure."..... "Okay bye. Can I go back up to my friend Mike?" "Certainly."

..... "Mike I need your help. NOW!" What do ya want? Obviously I can't get up and help." "So what? Doesn't matter. Just need you to tell me where Dan's room is. Once I figure that out i'll try to find a way in." "One question. You crazy?" "Just help!" "Alright. Alright. So you said it was room 1206 right?" "Yeah." "Well it should be just down the hall to the left." "Thanks!" So I went to that room only to find..... "Hey sir is this Daniel's room?" "Sorry sir no it is not." Uh..Okay thanks." "Your welcome."....."Okay Mike that wasn't Dan's room." "What? Hey let me see the card that says the room number on it." "Here you go." "WHAT THE HECK! Yo look at this!"

Ok so im probly gonna add about 4 more chapters in there to make it sound better and make more sense but pretending that they are already there does anybody have tips or suggestions i could use?

Awards
Tip: Your conversations were a mess. Every time a new character speaks, use a new line, and say who's talking and how they're talking (like, what tone or effect they are using) more.
Don't use present tense if you're a character re-telling a story. I'm biased toward past tense though, so... You may do what you want with that.
Instead of making the characters explain everything with dialogue, try describing stuff more.
I'd like to emphasise once again how much of a mess the conversations were and that there's too much dialogue.
I'd say it again but I fear you might hate me (more) for it.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Um well, you had lacked stuff in your story and not to mention, the conversaton dialogue seemed kind of cramped. So I think your fine but I recommend editing those.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
^Everyone up there pretty much said it. My advice, pay attention in English.

Here's a tip: don't rip off Goosebumps.

Goosebumps popped into my head as soon as I saw this.

MxUltima

Either in the endless abyss,the boulivard of broke
Here's a tip: don't rip off Goosebumps.
Night of the living dummy is two things
1) not the only thing with a ventriliquest dummy thats comes alive...something i forgot to mention there will also be other livine things come the end of the series (book 4 or begining of 5)
2)my favorite goosebumps book:p im a huge fan

it sounds like your all saying the same thing with the dialouge. Ill fix that up and re-post it here once i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back