• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I may need some help. . .

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
My grandpa is in the hospital, well he's been in since early Sunday. He has Pneumonia, sever-dehydration, his hernias are inflamed. . .the doctors say that he isn't a likely to survive a surgery(He's 12 days away from being 91).
I live with him and my mom. He lives in a separate part of the house than us, but I see him everyday and I go to church with him.

Now I think that he might die and I don't want that to happen.

He's been improving, but I don't know.

My parents tell me to prey, but I don't really know why I should, if God really wants him to come, then he isn't going to listen to one or two prayers. You can't go against God's will and if he wants something, he gets it.

I just don't know what to do, I don't want him to die.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
If you believe in God, pray to him. Ask him to pull your Grandfather through. Be hopeful and faithful. You will know if your Grandpa is to stay or go. God listens to each and every one of your prayers, but sometimes the things you want are not always what the Lord wants. You have to bring yourself to understand that. It's hard, I know, but you can do it.

If your Grandpa doesn't survive, do not despair. It was his time, and there was nothing you could do about it. The pain you're going through right now must be extreme, with the thought of losing your Grandpa. My grandpa means a lot to me as well, and I can't even bring myself to think about losing him.

Good luck with his surgery, and I hope that everything goes well.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Great. . .now they say that somewhere through the night he had a heart attack. Just what he needed. . .They're giving him 1-5 days. . .

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I'm really sorry to hear that, and I know just how you feel. <3

Put your faith in God, and the doctors taking care of your grandfather. Modern medicine is an amazing thing. When my aunt was taken into hospital recently, she was given a 10% chance of living. She was in ICU for two weeks. And she survived.

Keep your hopes up. I know you'll be scared, and that your grandfather passing away is the last thing we all need to happen. But you need to stay positive.

And even if the worst happens, try not to worry too much. Your grandfather will be at rest, and you can take comfort knowing he's not in pain anymore.

I wish you all the best for your grandfather, please let us know how things go <3 <3

Little_Red

betch.
My grandpa is in the hospital, well he's been in since early Sunday. He has Pneumonia, sever-dehydration, his hernias are inflamed. . .the doctors say that he isn't a likely to survive a surgery(He's 12 days away from being 91).
I live with him and my mom. He lives in a separate part of the house than us, but I see him everyday and I go to church with him.

Now I think that he might die and I don't want that to happen.

He's been improving, but I don't know.

My parents tell me to prey, but I don't really know why I should, if God really wants him to come, then he isn't going to listen to one or two prayers. You can't go against God's will and if he wants something, he gets it.

I just don't know what to do, I don't want him to die.

well, I've been in a similar situation actually (which is weird because someone needs help, i actually have had something similar happen to me). my grandfather went into the hospital 2 years ago and stayed there for a month (literally). if you believe in God pray, and spend as much time as you can with him because you're probably loosing him right now. just prepare yourself for the worse, but hope for the best.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I finally got a moment of peace and quiet. . .

He's gone. He died on Friday, around 9:00 AM. . .I was in school and didn't hear about it until around 1:30, when my dad got me out of school.

I need something to cheer me up, my friend tried to comfort me, it's wierd but while he was over, my mind got off of my grandpa and I was happier. . but he left a while ago. . .so now I'm back to being depressed. . .what should I do?

Shadukai X

Banned
Thats really sad to hear, man.

Pray for your Grandpa, pray that he is where he deserves to be, in Heaven. Thanks God for all your blessings, and be understanding that it was his time to pass over.

I'll pray for you, and hope for the best for you.

Peace
Andrew

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hm.....well.....some people think that they would neversee the person again once they die

of course, thats not ture

you can cheer yourslef up by telling yourslef that one day youll see him again(you being christian/catrhlic whatever, im sure that i dont need to tell you why that is)

anyways, the only way iknow of to not be depressed is to think of other things. thats all i can really think of. sry if im not of much help

hm, yeh, shads right, pray for him stav

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well Funeral part 1 is over, on to part 2, which takes place in Arkansas, which is 3 1/2 hours away. . .yay. . .and to make matters . . .worse, I'm a pallbearer. . (or however you spell it. . .)

Funeral part one went like this.

We arrive an hour early. I go in the chapel part, I get a weird feeling(normal I guess. . .) I exit that part. I go get something to drink, when I come back everyone's in the chapel. I go in and expect the feeling to be gone, it wasn't. I look in the casket and at all the photos and start sobbing quietly, so I go sit down near the casket. I'm crying and my dad hands me a tissue. For the next 30 mins I'm crying. Then my dad offers to get me out of there and go get something to eat. I accept and me, my dad, my cousins(Hannah, and Liam) all go to McDonald's. When we return I go back into the chapel. cry a bit more and go back upstairs to get something else to drink. After about three cups of coffee I go back downstairs and take off my coat. I set it down next to me on a pew and sit down. Then I started crying softly into my arm. I feel a nudge and noticed(this is going to sound weird) that it smelled like my ex(we still hang out so she must still care for me a bit, and she always wore a distinct perfume. . .) I quickly stopped crying and look up.( I have long-ish hair so it covers my face) I notice that I was right and it was her. We start talking and she asks how I'm hdoing, I say like hell and she says oh. Soon Anthony and his GF sit next to us and offer to go outside and wander around. We wandered a few blocks around Desoto and wound up at the Melba, that took around 10 mins and he headed back. After that we sat down near the front and talked until the service began. I moved to the front and after about the first song ended I was in tears. For the next 45 mins I couldn't stop. After the service I was still crying. . .My parents tried to comfort me and it helped a bit, the preacher(of our church) helped a bit too, and my Ex came up to me and gave me a hug for a few minuets, remember I was still crying. After everyone left I headed outside and got some air, which helped. . . We then went to the dinner the church had set up, I wasn't hungry at all, nausous almost, so I didn't eat. I hung out with my Ex the whole hour and a half and we talked. that's the whole funeral part one for ya. . .

Part tow begins tomorrow. . .

(Sorry for not spacing this out. . I had to type quickly. . .)

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Ironically, I'm going through a little bit of the same thing; our school lost two great boys to a car accident on Friday and I just got back from a memorial thing. While I didn't know them very well, I did know them, and I know a lot of people who did know them well.

I'd suggest writing a letter perhaps. Write a letter to him explaining your love for him and how much you miss him. Perhaps share a few jokes in there that you know would make him smile, put stuff in there that you would smile about. Perhaps a prank you might have pulled or just a good night out that you spent together. Just getting feelings out works well. Talk to someone perhaps, your friends and family are amazing people for this kind of thing. They'll understand what you're going through because through you they knew him (your friends that is) or you family knew him personally. Share the good times you spent with him. Don't forget those memories that you had with him and make sure you're able to look back on them. You're going to want to share the fun times you had with your grandpa later on with your own grandkids. Perhaps they'll want to do the same stuff. Did you go fishing, hunting, bowling perhaps, maybe just spend time playing games? You're going to want to remember those times; share them and who knows, maybe a few others will be able to recall their own stories, you'll want to hear it.

You have to remember that he's not gone forever if he lives on in your heart. So long as his memories live, he lives. It's alright to grieve, it always is, because with grieving comes healing.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Ok, part two. . .

We leave at around 6:00 AM, we get there around 10:30. Soon after the hearse pulled up and they pulled me, my dad, my uncles and some other people off and we took the casket out. The wind was blowing really hard. . .that just struck me as wierd for some reason. . .really strong wind today. . . After we get the casket onto the little podium thingy, the service begins. I'm standing on the right side of the two rows, up against the green tent wall. My dad's next to me and my mom's in front of us in a chair. They said a few psalms from the Bible and told us that Arlon's (my grandpa) is in a better place with his wife(who past away 13 years ago).

I cried for around 20 mins and the service ended. They opened the casket and we said our final goodbyes. . .I couldn't stay there so I went back to the car and changed my shoes. I then sat in teh car for about 10 mins and we left the funeral.

I must admit, the first day was harder. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back