• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I have a problem!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuxSora_Lover

Website
dbsk-lover.deviantart.com
Everyone has a problem. And so do i.
Well, the story is that i'm from indonesia, and now i live in Singapore to study. Well, FINE, i can accept it.
Except studying Chinese language.
I tried studying it, but my mind isn't there. So everything which i have written down in my notebook is all nonsense, I dun understand. (even though i only can understand a few words -_-) I'm getting worried. The end of year examination is this year. Yeah, the test to go to secondary school. If i failed really badly at Chinese, surely i won't make it to secondary, i have to redo one year again in my primary school.
The problem is that, i really never have such attention to study Chinese. So even though if i made it 2 Secondary, the chinese surely is getting harder and tougher.
You guys may think that this is not a big problem, but to me it DOES.

My future's sooooooo dark... :'/

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
What about asking a teacher or someone at your school to help? Teachers kind of are obligated to help you if you're struggling with your work - especially as you have a legitimate reason, and picking up Chinese that quickly is not easy.

Have you talked to your parents about it? Could they fund a personal tutor?

Anyway, good luck. Where abouts in Indonesia did you live, btw?

RikuxSora_Lover

Website
Really??? @_@ Hmm... but every time i talked my parents about it, they will just said, "It's for your own good" I know that they care about me, but my father never helped me studying, if mother, i still can tolerate, coz she's busy with her housework... :'( What's more, tuition doesn't use to me at all...) Btw, i live in Jakarta actually, but just like i said, i live in singapore now)
Thanks for your advice though... :')

N0thing

hey another indonesian. (ada juga selain gw)
well seems like you really need to find a personal tutor and pay more attention to the class. and i think you need to study chinese extra more.

i guess you could also move to another school. a school without chinese (if there is any)
i can't find another solution except that.

Last edited:

RikuxSora_Lover

Website
Oh ya, aku lupa kalau ada other indonesian here ^_^

Well, i'm trying 2. But i can't. The problem is...
I DUN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE TEACHER IS SAYING!!!!! :'/
So far i only manage to pass one time, and that's only 65/100 in p4.
But starting primary 5, ( well, i manage to pass again, but only one time) I'm failing.
Tapi makasih udah komentar XD

Lunar Knight

American Person
Try asking your Chinese teacher for help. You could buy some software that'll help you with your studying.

I'm still working on my Chinese and I know it's dead boring. I'm sure you'll make it. =D

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Did you not anticipate this problem before going to study in Singapore?

Either way, this is obviously a huge problem. Basically, there's no other option but improving your chinese - how you can do that is debatable.

I agree with Lunar's suggestion of buying some software - it will make the studying less monotonous.

RikuxSora_Lover

Website
Thanks, Lunar Knight. TwT I will try. Okay, the things which i really hat the most, ORAL. It's really killing me, i only manage to read the passage, not the picture discussion. But then the teacher laugh at me!!!! *cries* It's really discouraging, so i cried at the class when i know that my ORAL mark is only 11/50. Terrible right? But then my friend says that it must be the teacher bully me. Well, silly, of course it's not like that. I can read a lot of the kanji. But then i can't understand the meaning (30% understand) and can't remember the sound (understand???). *wiping off tears* Btw Lunar Knight, where do you come from then?

Lunar Knight

American Person
I was born in Florida, lived there for my whole life, then moved to Taiwan (states it in my Location).

RikuxSora_Lover

Website
Did you not anticipate this problem before going to study in Singapore?

Either way, this is obviously a huge problem. Basically, there's no other option but improving your chinese - how you can do that is debatable.

I agree with Lunar's suggestion of buying some software - it will make the studying less monotonous.

Yeah, i have one but it's terribleeeee...........
In indonesia, they just give primary 2-like Chinese. Piece of cake to me. -_-
I have a friend from Phillipines too who was being forced by her parents to study chinese, but then now she quits chinese and ( i think) she's going to learn Japanese...

My accompaniance friend's no longer studying Chinese with me anymore :'(

Lunar Knight

American Person
If it's so terrible, try finding a better one.

My dad moved me out of Japanese so I can study more Chinese. <_<

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Hmm...well I could you avice that everybody else gave you but they already you the stuff you need to know. Have you made the good habits become regular habits you would use for studying and or for your schoolwork or at least in Chinese?

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Sorry, what I meant to say was, have you made a habit out of it? -_- I guess I should called the Confusion Person, since that's like the 5th time I confused somebody! But no biggie, I'm working on my wording. :D

Last edited:

AkuRoku_Lover

My future's sooooooo dark... :'/

Oh GOSH when you typed that, you reminded me so much of myself... I know that it's tough learning something that you don't like, but I'm sure you won't regret it in the future. Uuhh I know its really really tough learning something that you don't like, but hey, who likes to study anyway? I hate my Maths and Sciences, and yet I'm still forced to study them if I wish to pass my end of school examinations... Life is like that dear...

PS: I don't take Chinese, but I'm going overseas for sure to study that boring language sooner or later! *winks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back