• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Hate to be That Guy, But...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Another hype moment of the trailer (when he jumped off the cliff), but when I paused it and really looked, it looked empty and kind of bland...I don't want huge empty worlds. But I also don't want to be flooded with heartless at every turn either. And in places like that, you can't exactly place a lot of NPC characters. I still trust by the end, the worlds will be more put together, like XV.
So long as at least towns have people in them I wont mind other areas outside them empty. I've gotten used to empty worlds at this point. I dont like them but so long as I can see that people actually live there for freakin once I will consider it a win over 13yrs of not.

BEASTENDER

So long as at least towns have people in them I wont mind other areas outside them empty. I've gotten used to empty worlds at this point. I dont like them but so long as I can see that people actually live there for freakin once I will consider it a win over 13yrs of not.

This is why I want a place like Treasure Planet, for the Spaceport. There were so many people there in that movie, and it would looks so lively in KH3. Could you imagine hearing actual background dialogue too? As for emptiness, it's nice for some to be empty, just not bland. If you were in a jungle (like the jungle book) there wouldn't be any humans. If the jungle didn't look bland, it'd be amazing to traverse alone. Even more so if they added in some local wildlife here and there.

AndrewJP

Website
andrewj-hn.tumblr.com
I agree only with the statement about the graphics. They don't feel like what next-gen Kingdom Hearts is supposed to look like. They look like Kingdom Hearts became fused with the art style of Disney Infinity. There's a certain level of detail missing. The colors are too bright and flat, particularly on Donald and Goofy.

I keep saying this, but a lot of stuff, the characters and Keyblades in particular, look like "digital clay". They look cartoony, and not in the charming cel-shaded Wind Waker type of way.

Take the new Ratchet & Clank remake for PS4, for example. That game looks exactly like how it should look on PS4. It's the same art style as the PS2/PS3 games, realized to its potential on PS4.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now look at Kingdom Hearts. The art style doesn't look the same. It looks odd.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It doesn't look bad, something just looks off. Look at Goofy in particular. There's a lack of depth to his look, light the lighting/shading isn't all there yet, as well as texture. Which, if that's the case, it's merely a result of the game being in its early stages. However, the art style hasn't changed a ton since the initial trailer. It keeps getting more detailed, but the odd look is the same. It looks like the renderings from a children's animated movie, rather than a next-gen video game. Maybe they're trying to implement a more "Disney" look to the visuals, but it's making the KH-original characters look weird, to me.

This comparison is perfect. The lack of depth in what we've been shown is worrying to me, and I really hope that it is simply because they are in the early stages of development. But the Eraqus/Xehanort scene also seemed off and looks like something out of Disney Infinity :/ Hopefully major improvement comes with the next trailer

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hopefully those flashy ride moves are really specials moves because if I need to do them consistently to win fights, the novelty will wear off on me quick.

I feel like what's going to happen is that each keyblade will have its own set of transformations that are tied to a certain gauge. We see the keyblade in the E3 trailer transform into dual guns and a cannon, so we know a single blade can have multiple forms. I'm thinking that they're tied to each weapon, like Pegasus with the Hercules keyblade, and they can be activated using a gauge which, when drained, prevents you from spamming them.

Anagram

Banned
This is why I want a place like Treasure Planet, for the Spaceport. There were so many people there in that movie, and it would looks so lively in KH3. Could you imagine hearing actual background dialogue too? As for emptiness, it's nice for some to be empty, just not bland. If you were in a jungle (like the jungle book) there wouldn't be any humans. If the jungle didn't look bland, it'd be amazing to traverse alone. Even more so if they added in some local wildlife here and there.

Treasure Planet would be boss. Imagine the solarsurfing as a minigame. The series would finally have a minigame that I want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back