• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hate being negative, but Jump Force is officially a dumpster fire

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm gonna say this right here and now.

The only good things Jump Force did were memes, and bringing Light Yagami back from the dead.

He should've been the main villain for christ's sake but instead we get a Dragon Ball but not really villain.

Lol another Akira Toriyama terribly designed villain. I can't stand his art style because everything looks the same.

Perkilator

Awards
I know Light Yagami could’ve totally been a fighter, but the real question is what his moveset would be and how he would play.

Oh, btw: https://twitter.com/GrandSupremeKhi/status/1098804051578372096?s=20

Awards
I know Light Yagami could’ve totally been a fighter, but the real question is what his moveset would be and how he would play.

Oh, btw: https://twitter.com/GrandSupremeKhi/status/1098804051578372096?s=20
Hell yeah mah boi Kaiba gonna school some fools.
tumblr_mmibh2CTwK1r7guhqo1_500.gif

Perkilator

Awards
This quote from the KH3 forums made me realize that, if a real game, this could be compared to Jump Force:

Space Cats is just a blatant rip off of Interplanetary Dogs. They weren't even subtle about it, pretty much just a copy paste. If it were the same studio I'd expect it to be released as DLC or a second scenario. Definitely not worth the full price to play a game I've already played with worse voice acting. It was also glitchy as heck. Might get swept under the rug though since the developers of ID is just a small indie company. Hard to believe such a big company would do something so scummy. Oh well, what can ya do.

Not that it should be taken seriously, of course.

Perkilator

Awards
LMAO MORE JUMP FORCE NONSENSE:
https://twitter.com/Peizur/status/1101945422770106370?s=20
https://twitter.com/Yogy255/status/1104169372539604992?s=20

Veevee

Awards
I don't know what's wrong with Bamco's publishing lately. A lot of games are getting pretty shitty scores lately (Seven Deadly Sins: 55% ; Black Clover: 54%; Ninja Storm Trilogy hits switch only as a download code which also upset many fans and I hardly heard anything good about Shinobi Striker; Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory was also mostly reusing the first game and just slapped a new story onto it). Even Ni no Kuni 2 feels kinda rushed in some parts and the first DLC mostly consists of one quest with a 100 levels deep dungeon. So many characters in their fighting games are swooped into expensive DLCs. I hope this doesn't continue, I really want to buy the upcoming Dragonball TCG game for switch but I am in no mood it ends up like the PS4 game of Yugioh where you had like ... 100+ card packs to be bought separately. :/

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know what's wrong with Bamco's publishing lately. A lot of games are getting pretty shitty scores lately (Seven Deadly Sins: 55% ; Black Clover: 54%; Ninja Storm Trilogy hits switch only as a download code which also upset many fans and I hardly heard anything good about Shinobi Striker; Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory was also mostly reusing the first game and just slapped a new story onto it). Even Ni no Kuni 2 feels kinda rushed in some parts and the first DLC mostly consists of one quest with a 100 levels deep dungeon. So many characters in their fighting games are swooped into expensive DLCs. I hope this doesn't continue, I really want to buy the upcoming Dragonball TCG game for switch but I am in no mood it ends up like the PS4 game of Yugioh where you had like ... 100+ card packs to be bought separately. :/

I still haven't gotten Digimon or Ni No Kuni 2 but I know the former definitely gave me that impression, even tho I liked the story enough to know more about that world.

Ni No Kuni looks really good to me still, I guess they just revealed the new DLC and it looks very expansive? Maybe they just shoved all the stuff into the last bit and made the first one small lol.

Edit: But yeah I dunno, I stopped liking their 3D fighting games years ago myself. Thats why Fighterz was such a breath of fresh air. Especially since Arc Systems is a good developer, if only their original games weren't just riddled with anime tiddies and fan-service, I can't really play them anymore its gross. But I still like their licensed stuff. Kinda hope they make another anime game (after Granblue now, I guess)

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I totally checked out of this when they said Light wasn't playable. Then when I saw Yugi I cared a bit. Then when I saw the gameplay footage after the game was released and the cutscenes being Japanese only, I completely gave up.

Perkilator

Awards
Hey, guys…! K-Kaiba’s in. Aren’t-aren’t you all excited…?
https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1106491730940100608?s=20

Veevee

Awards
I still haven't gotten Digimon or Ni No Kuni 2 but I know the former definitely gave me that impression, even tho I liked the story enough to know more about that world.

Ni No Kuni looks really good to me still, I guess they just revealed the new DLC and it looks very expansive? Maybe they just shoved all the stuff into the last bit and made the first one small lol.

Edit: But yeah I dunno, I stopped liking their 3D fighting games years ago myself. Thats why Fighterz was such a breath of fresh air. Especially since Arc Systems is a good developer, if only their original games weren't just riddled with anime tiddies and fan-service, I can't really play them anymore its gross. But I still like their licensed stuff. Kinda hope they make another anime game (after Granblue now, I guess)

I wouldn't have had that problem with Digimon if they hadn't designed to many areas to be so similar. We had Kowloon and New Kowloon and both were 4 levels deep and basically looked the same and also looked the same as many areas that you saw in sidequests. Hacker's memory felt like a big upgrade instead of an own game. Yes, it had this area battle thing no one asked for because it took forever, a few new characters that were mostly unlikeable and a parallel story that heavily depended on the first game's story and couldn't stand on its own and a few new Digimon. I had played the first game about two years earlier and the second game presented its story so poor that I had problems following it because it expected me to know when exactly which plot turn of the first game was currently running parallel to the story. The first game had more than fifteen chapters that often didn't really feel like separate chapters and the second game expected me to be able to memorize what happened in which one, so it sometimes didn't bother explaining what was just going on in the background.

Ni no Kuni 2 is basically a nice game, but does not stand out much. They put most of the character interactions into sidequests; I learned more about the party during the sidequests than during the story itself - which isn't bad in itself, but there are over 150 sidequests, so if you just plan to play the story, the game might be a little hollow. The Higgledys didn't have as much appeal as the familiars; there are a few colors and head accessories that differ, but mostly they are color-swapped sets of a limited numbers of abilities so you just look for the one that has the best abilities for your playstyle and don't form any kind of connection to these little creatures. Besides that, it is a nice game that offers a lot of content and a beautiful open world aspect. The sidequests feel mostly meaningful because the ones where you recruit citizens have a long time use, so I would recommend it. The story is really predictable though; the boss fight hours are the most interesting thing to say about it.

Back