• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

i cant belive it ethier..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

B0nD 0f Flam3s

i can belive it but i never actually played a final fantasy game... lol and im a big fan of kingdom hearts and ff i dunno y ff though... but should i start from ff 8? and play through to final fantasy 12?

LinkSlySora

You can if you want to. They all have different story lines. Only FF7 anf FF10 have sequals though. I really like FF 7-9, 10 was okay. your choice. They are all great.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Nooo FF8 and FF7 suck..

FFIX if you can then FFIV, FFVI, FFV, FFIIIi(for the ds when it comes out) FFV, FFX.. etc play them all but FFVII and FFVIII they was a let down. FFL for gb stay form as well

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Final Fantasy VIII was NOT a let down, fyi. Most idiots just don't know how to use the junction system to fight properly, or the storyline.

FVII, although, I agree with everyone who has said it is crap. Don't play it. Ever.

B0nD 0f Flam3s

na i dun wana start from like ff 1 - 7 they just to old
i rather start from 8 but why does it suck?

ya some people told me it sucks that why i dont wana start from it i wana go in order i was goona start from6 - 12 but then every1 told me it sucks ff 7 so ill just start from 8 - 12

the 4th Islander

The one and only Jayx
Website
www.freewebs.com
I think you should play all the ones from 7 up, they have they better graphics (except 7, it's painfull to watch but I hear it has a good story line) 9 I personally think was the best but that's just my opinion. but deffinately try them all out, and it's very important you don't give up on them at the begining of each game (the begining of all the final fantasy games tend to start out pretty boring, but get more interesting by the 3-5 save point...usually)

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
VersionX said:
Final Fantasy VIII was NOT a let down, fyi. Most idiots just don't know how to use the junction system to fight properly, or the storyline.

FVII, although, I agree with everyone who has said it is crap. Don't play it. Ever.
I know how to use the junction system(I liked it, in fact) the story wasnt all that great and the only ones I liked was Squall, Riona, Laguna(one of my fav. of all time) and Ellone.. The others was boring as crap, other then that FFVIII need work. but it was okay.. Not one of my fav. though..

na i dun wana start from like ff 1 - 7 they just to old
old but better, to bad you missing out. Not me.. Though you are not missing out on FFVII..

plus you can allways get the new gba versions.. of FFI-II IV and soon V and VI.. and get III for the DS..

LinkSlySora

How is FF7 and FF8 bad? I found them all great. The juction system is the only complecated part of the game and if you know how to do it it is the most fun part of the game.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Play FFX or I will kill you. Best FF in my opinion. FF Tactics is an awesome game as well, but you're not looking to play an old FF. Just play X or IX, they are the best ones that have come out lately.

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
I've never played a Final Fantasy game neither! D: ...I don't know where to start! :/

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
SuperEclipse said:
the story wasnt all that great and the only ones I liked was Squall, Riona, Laguna(one of my fav. of all time) and Ellone.. The others was boring as crap, other then that FFVIII need work. but it was okay.. Not one of my fav. though..
I'm so confused by your statement. You think the storyline wasn't great for FFVIII but yet you advise someone to go play FFIX which I believe to have the worst storyline ever. (err worst out of FFIV up) It has a weak plot and little character development (if any)

In terms of gameplay, FF7 fails hard. Storyline wise, it is not memorable.
I would advise you play any other FF game besides FF7 and 9. Don't let graphics affect your decision.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
square-enix said:
I'm so confused by your statement. You think the storyline wasn't great for FFVIII but yet you advise someone to go play FFIX which I believe to have the worst storyline ever. (err worst out of FFIV up) It has a weak plot and little character development (if any)

In terms of gameplay, FF7 fails hard. Storyline wise, it is not memorable.
I would advise you play any other FF game besides FF7 and 9. Don't let graphics affect your decision.
I have to agree with you there.

What FF9 misses is a good story, but what FF9 has is a good setting. The world is so full, ya know? A good background story and all.

Same with FF8. The setting is very unique where women are the dominant race. The background history really makes the game more unique. Storyline had its flaws, but it certainly wasnt bad.

FF10 has that setting-thing again. The setting is pretty damn Asian, but with a religion that reminds you of Christianity. All in all, the game is set real good. The story is a little emotional over the top, though... (especially Tidus emo-behaviour, lol...)

FF7... well there are a lot of good things to say about it, but also a lot of bad things. The story is not very interestin to me, the setting is boring and the battle system is nothing spectacular. The characters you love or hate. Simple as that.

I recommend you to start with FF8 to get used to FF (I did that too) and from there play FFIX and FFX. Then, when youre used to FF, you can play FF7 to get more into it. That was my strategy, I know people will disagree.

Also, definetly buy the older FFs like FFIV, FFV and FFVI. Darn good games.

The M.C.

JTTW
you should probably play ffx, but not ffx-2. lol. and ffXII and FFXIII when they come out.

KH2_Roxass

i recommend you play Final Fantasy X it´s a real coool game you may not like in the beggining of the game but later you will like it :D

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i think you wont have any interest in VI and below. mainly because your an FF noob and you want decent graphics...

VII is a good beginning game mainly because its easy to learn and difficulty is low. alternatively you could play FFX which is like a more recent FFVII in terms of gameplay.

FFVIII is abit more complicated so you may want to have played a few FF's Before hand. FFIX is different from the rest, they dont have huge swords, deep love stories etc... its VERY fantasy and is probably the farthest thing from relation to a real world. FFXI is online... so i dunno... FFXII is interesting, ive not played alot of it yet and with it being in japanese its kinda difficult... the battle system is... unique... it took me abit to get used to it, and vaguely reminds me of vagrant story's Battle system... except better... the world/theme is very medieval but in a world that has technology... and i dont know the characters in depth... but for now ill just say itll be interesting....

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
FFVIII= THE SHIZIT!

Man, i don't get how you can hate that game... even though is a love story it was the bomb(trust me i hate love stories.... but i loved ffviii)

I started from that game, it was my second rpg eva!(diablo before that) It teaches you really how to build a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back