• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HPO medal (JPN) [Problem Solved] [Suggestion for Getting Drops]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutiePique

Awards
So, um, I hit a little snag getting this medal, might've been too efficient about it... Evolved a max guilted Hayner using the required medals (6* Pence, 6* Olette, x3 ice creams) hoping to get a max guilted trio medal out of it. WISH GRANTED, it worked like a charm... eeeeexcept for the burst/nova levels. I don't think the evolving process took into account the possibility of this situation, because it didn't have any pop ups for them and although the medal is now in my album, it shows up as if it were only unguilted.
:,> Wacky, right?
Since I'd like those levels I'm wondering... if I were to make another trio (no orbs this time) and fuse it into my existing HPO, would be enough of a kick for the game to correct itself on this? D:

EDIT:
tldr problem's answer: Yes.
tldr theory/suggestion: Don't choose to continue with the same people if you don't get a medal drop from the boss. Restart from the menu. Once you do get a drop, continue until you don't (or until your game crashes on you Dx). MAY help with getting more drops?

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Re: Problem with the HPO medal (JPN)

Yeah, you'll need to fuse in another HPO to get the Burst LV going.

Also, gotta ask, how many runs did it take for you to get all the necessary medals for the HPO medal? I've done a bunch over the past few days and only managed 2 Hayners, 1 Olette, and 2 Ice Creams.

CutiePique

Awards

>u<)b Then that's what I'm gonna do. I was going to ask about using a Mickey&Brooms on it alternatively, but I realised the game won't let you use it on a medal that's at max (good on ya, game, that does make sense x,D) so it's definitely more farming for me.

Dx Many, many runs. Like "thank God this game doesn't log the amount of time you play it, because someone might try to stage an intervention" runs. But it REEEALLY varied. I know I once had an hour straight* of NO DROPS, paused for a second, drunkenly stumbled into a match right at the end and -BAM!- a drop. And then there were times I got a couple in a row. I kinda wonder if there's a "chance the boss will drop this" stat that resets/changes whenever you start a fresh match from the main menu/hub? But that might be me trying to make sense of the frequency. Pence, Olette, and the ice creams were the least painful days since I only needed so many of each (6, 6, 3); getting all the Hayners I needed was split between two different days (should've just needed 17, but I had lots of bad trait rolls).
OH. And my outfit's at +21 drop luck. I don't know how much it's contributing to my drops, but based on fellow random crossers I'm not the only one who hopes this tactic will help (lol at the cinderella carriage and tigger cosplay ear combos).

*I swear, I was on an exercise bike at the time; there's nothing else productive I could've been doing DD,x

Nial

Awards

I've noticed a lot of them drop during bonus half hour with the super strong bosses (at 11 p.m. JP time I believe?)

I still need a bunch of them, but I was going for the same strategy as you did cutie, so I'll probably need to fuse 2 of them as well :<

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

I've noticed a lot of them drop during bonus half hour with the super strong bosses (at 11 p.m. JP time I believe?)

I still need a bunch of them, but I was going for the same strategy as you did cutie, so I'll probably need to fuse 2 of them as well :<
Challenge Boss Time only advertises increased coin drops, which I figure is actually pretty useless since I got more than enough coins to finish all the boards just from farming for Olette for almost 5 hours today alone. At least, I haven't gotten a noticeable increase in medal drops from the bonus time. what am I going to do with 74k extra cross coins
Guess I'll be Union Crossing a lot of times for the HPO medal ,:^)

Nial

Awards

I've got 11 Olette in the last bonus time so idk :') I think it's something like:
- you get these medal by completing quests during union cross levels;
- bonus time always gives you the quest to kill the target in n seconds;
- usually the levels don't last for more than 3 minutes so you end up spamming them;
result: you do a lot of quests during bonus time, a lot more than you do doing a normal level (also I've got Olette x2 two times, so maybe I was just super lucky, this is all speculation).

CutiePique

Awards

^ Doing them faster probably contributes to getting so many, yeah~ :eek: Bonus time is never at a good time for me, so I haven't tried it for this event. I do avoid the hell out of the reeeeally long matches (like the carp outside Cinderella's house? just no), unless I manage to join closer to the end.

I'm still two days away from fusing mine, but when I do I'll report if it worked out (personally I'm making contingency plans in case things don't go right, while keeping my fingers crossed).

EDIT: I wanna double post so bad, but I'm pretty sure that's not right. Soooo:
#1 The trick worked. ;u; Awesome.
#2 I wanna revisit the whole "chance you'll get a HPO drop" stat theory. Because I've had it happen again, more than once: getting a series of matches that all give an HPO drop.
Therefore my recommendation for crossing if you're having trouble getting drops, is to start a match, see if you get a medal from fighting the boss, and if you don't then quit to the menu and start another match from there. See if your drop luck changes. :,>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back