• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will 358/2 Days end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren

adios motherfucker
This reminds me of the delightful concept of the Roxas/Riku fight in both POV's that would send R-K into fits of euphoria.
I have to guiltily admit I want to see that happen. It's kind of sad, really.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
i think one of those will be near the end but the actual ending will reveal a secret showing whats going to lead onto kh3.

idk

C

Colours

IDK.
But I would like for it to end with a riku fight, as a secret ending.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i think one of those will be near the end but the actual ending will reveal a secret showing whats going to lead onto kh3.

The only problem with this is that KH2 and Coded are in between Days and KH3, unless it'll be Xion centered, in which I agree.

As for the Riku fight being the last boss fight... iono. Maybe for Riku's scenario if we'll really get one. I mean... what's the point in giving you a game-over if you lose the first round to him as Roxas... if that's exactly what Riku wanted and that eventually happened?
Well, other than saving the KH2 continuum, but a better way out for them would be, in my opinion, to give a different end boss. After all, Roxas's side of this battle - we already know, and that's about where his story truly ends.
In a way, however, for Riku, turning into Xehanort's Heartless against Roxas is where a lot of it began, so I think it'll be a better ending point for him than for Roxas.

Last edited:
C

Colours

i think it should end at the riku roxas battle at The world that never was. you could play as roxas and defeat riku in the first half of the battle, then he turns darknessy, and riku kills him off in a cutscene.

-METALMANMAC1

That is what I was thinking.

Advent Dusk

Everyone's mentioned the Riku battle, but what about the Sora battle? For all we know, the fight between him and Sora in KH2 FM+ will be included in someway.

I don't think the game will end with either Riku or Sora though. Nomura has already confirmed the Riku fight, and he doesn't seem like the type to just tell you who the final boss of his game is. My bet is that the last boss will be either Xion or DiZ. If DiZ can actually fight, of course.

C

Colours

Everyone's mentioned the Riku battle, but what about the Sora battle? For all we know, the fight between him and Sora in KH2 FM+ will be included in someway.

I don't think the game will end with either Riku or Sora though. Nomura has already confirmed the Riku fight, and he doesn't seem like the type to just tell you who the final boss of his game is. My bet is that the last boss will be either Xion or DiZ. If DiZ can actually fight, of course.

Stop saying Nomura said this and that.
Show us where he said that.
Link:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Uh... because the Riku battle is pretty much when Roxas's story in the Organization ends, and that's the story being told in Days?
Also, you're forgetting that Roxas lost that battle. The only way it could be included in would be a Secret Ending or something showing Roxas's thoughts in the matter after he lost, but that would be it.

I don't think the game will end with either Riku or Sora though.

You can bet it won't end with Sora seeing how Sora only wakes up after the timeframe Days seems to be covering.

Nomura has already confirmed the Riku fight

News to me. Source plz.

My bet is that the last boss will be either Xion or DiZ. If DiZ can actually fight, of course.

I'm leaning more towards Xion but that too seems highly unlikely. She was probably taken out or made to disappear and that was what pushed Roxas out of the Organization for good.
And where the heck did you come up with DiZ being not only an enemy but a final boss, is what I really want to know oO

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Uh... because the Riku battle is pretty much when Roxas's story in the Organization ends, and that's the story being told in Days?
Also, you're forgetting that Roxas lost that battle. The only way it could be included in would be a Secret Ending or something showing Roxas's thoughts in the matter after he lost, but that would be it.

They could do what they did in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (video link). If you choose to fight the Emperor, you defeat him, but he somehow miraculously manages to rise from defeat and beat you. That isn't exactly what happened in the Riku/Roxas fight, of course, but maybe only part of the fight is playable (probably up until the part where Riku transforms into Rikunort), and the rest is a cutscene.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They could do what they did in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (video link). If you choose to fight the Emperor, you defeat him, but he somehow miraculously manages to rise from defeat and beat you. That isn't exactly what happened in the Riku/Roxas fight, of course, but maybe only part of the fight is playable (probably up until the part where Riku transforms into Rikunort), and the rest is a cutscene.

Ah, no, that's understandable. Roxas kick's Riku's ass, then cue Rikunort in a cutscene.
What I meant was - Supposed you fight against Riku and lose the first time. One would assume it's Game Over since Roxas lost and all and it'll be otherwise contradictory to what we already know is to happen in KH2, but... Roxas is supposed to lose. So what's the point in such a dramatic end-boss if nothing hangs on the balance?
I'm not saying they can't do it. I'm saying I'll be highly disappointed if they'll put such a worthless fight at the end of Days with the Game Over hovering above your head simply because they were idiots that couldn't come up with something better in a flashback game :\
It's not like in the other games that literally everything hanged on the balance if Sora lived or died against the final boss. It'll be just them digging their own grave.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I definatly see your point, and I agree to an extent. However, if Roxas were defeated before Riku had to become Rikunort, then almost all of the events in KH2 would be changed, since Riku no longer looks like Xehanort's Heartless. Because of this, Riku could seek out Sora, and the entire plotline would be pushed in a different direction. The Riku/Roxas fight is a very pivotal moment. So, even though it's almost entirely unrelated to Roxas, something does hang in the balance. But I do see your point. It'd be like losing to the World of Chaos fight, and then seeing a cutscene where XH dies anyway.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I definatly see your point, and I agree to an extent. However, if Roxas were defeated before Riku had to become Rikunort, then almost all of the events in KH2 would be changed, since Riku no longer looks like Xehanort's Heartless. Because of this, Riku could seek out Sora, and the entire plotline would be pushed in a different direction. The Riku/Roxas fight is a very pivotal moment. So, even though it's almost entirely unrelated to Roxas, something does hang in the balance.

Which is why I don't think they should do that as the end boss. Losing has value, it's their screw up that would remove that value from it and shove in the need in a Game Over.
Kind of like why despite it all I'm frustrated they turned the Sora-Roxas fight playable in the FM+. I'm not sure what goes on there since I never played, but if Sora loses - it's not really a game over :\ it could just be that Roxas would be the one in the 'driver's seat' and not Sora. The game doesn't end, it just takes on a different direction. It's the developers' near-sightedness in that aspect; either give us a tiny plot line that would set things straight after losing, because losing does change more than a game over, or don't make it playable. As simple as that.
I hate battles like that.

But I do see your point. It'd be like losing to the World of Chaos fight, and then seeing a cutscene where XH dies anyway.

I'd actually half forgive them if they linked it with a scene. Like, Roxas lost, but then called in for help from his lesser Nobodies or whatever so Riku still had to turn into Xehanort.
That still makes the battle worthless though, since win or lose won't matter at all. Only it should matter, seeing how we'll be getting an entirely different KH2.

Meh. I'm just ranting for ventilation. =_= we both understand each other so I'll cut it here and go vent on a chocobo or something *pulls DS*

Advent Dusk

Yes, he lost that battle. But I could've sworn he lost that fight with Riku too.

You can bet it won't end with Sora seeing how Sora only wakes up after the timeframe Days seems to be covering.

I meant the battles, but I didn't really make that clear.

News to me. Source plz.

Okay, you've got me there. I don't have the source or article or whatever handy, but I'm not just pulling this out of my butt. Unless I just think I'm remembering something he actually said about Final Mix+. Whatever, just disregard.

I understand now! Sources are important! :blush:

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR title="Post 3362629" vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD class=alt1 itxtvisited="1">
I'm leaning more towards Xion but that too seems highly unlikely. She was probably taken out or made to disappear and that was what pushed Roxas out of the Organization for good.
And where the heck did you come up with DiZ being not only an enemy but a final boss, is what I really want to know oO
</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD class=thead colSpan=2 itxtvisited="1">You're right, DiZ is a long shot. But hey, weirder things have happened.

Your criticism has been much appreciated.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, he lost that battle. But I could've sworn he lost that fight with Riku too.

Two Riku fights -
One against Riku. Roxas wins.
One against Rikunort. Rikunort wins.
Unless you're talking about something else.

I meant the battles, but I didn't really make that clear.

Well, either way, I doubt we'll see too much into KH2 timeline.

Advent Dusk

Two Riku fights -
One against Riku. Roxas wins.
One against Rikunort. Rikunort wins.
Unless you're talking about something else.

No, I meant then. But how lame would it be if you fought Riku as the final boss, only to get smacked down in the following cutscene? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back