• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do You beat Sephiroth?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raku

I can never beat the moron! He won't evern accept any of my attacks ¬_¬ I hate Sephiroth evern though he is HOT :rolleyes: Well I try basicly everything ppl try to give meh but it never works!

LindieWindie

uhm stock about 1 or 2 elixers or just all the slots and then get a strong weapon like ultima or whatever is your strongest and keep dodge rolling him and attacking him like a madman/woman and then when he does 'Send Heartless Angel/Sin Harvest' HEAL! and then start hitting him again >_< make sure you're above level 45 JUST IN CASE. its pretty simple once you get used to it >_<

Eliefinis

Sephiroth's fight can be essentialy divided into 3 phases. Each phase lasts 2 of Sephiroth's HP bars (the first is invisible). The abilities you MUST have equipped are two MP Rages, MP Haste, ONE combo Plus (Sephiroth teleports after 4 hits), Guard, eventually Arcanum and last but not least Dodge Roll. A few Elixirs are nice just to be on the safe side but you probably won't be needing them with this startegy.

In the first phase Sephiroth uses a quick slash, a jumping sword sweep and summons three pillars of fire. If you want to just retreat for a while you'll notice an attack pattern that keeps repeating which consists of a slash, a jump towards sora, a quick slash, one or two jumping sword slashes, another quick slash then summon the fire. Your best bet is to Dodge Roll those sweeping attacks TOWARDS Sephiroth then get your four-hit combo in as soon as he gets back. He will always teleport behind you and immediately use a jumping sword sweep which you can dodge roll under and start hitting using your four hit combo again. This should get you through the first phase relatively easily although he will sometimes hit you no matter how good you get at dodge rolling. The simple solution is to cast Aero and/or Cure often when you feel you're in peril.

In the second phase Sephiroth uses all the above and two new moves: Heartless Angel (yes I know it sounds like Sin Harvest but it ISN'T, the name of the technique can be found at the official Final Mix site) and Omnislash (the succession of fast blows with a great finisher). He will always use Heartless Angel after Omnislash so beware. Sephiroth will announce this phase by taunting Sora ("Come On!"). The first notable difference will be that he runs and will take the initiative rarely giving you time to heal. He will start by running towards you but instead of taking him head on like a moron retreat to one side of the arena. He will teleport himself behind Sora once he gets close but on the other side of the arena, meaning that if you're badly positionned you will be skewered by the infamous Heartless Angel. If you did it well, he will teleport just next to you and give you ages to interrupt the lethal attack. Hit him four times then he will teleport behind sora and begin the same series of attacks as in the first phase but frequently inserting a Heartless Angel and less often an Omnislash. If you want to be on the safe side, try to stay on the middle of the arena so that no matter which end of the arena Sephiroth teleports to do his attack you will be within dodge rolling distance to interrupt him.Omnislash is another attack you want to look out for which he announces by saying "Come Power!" or "Prepare yourself!". He will only actually hit sora every 3 swipes so if you keep count and block the corresponding strikes you should get out of this attack unhurt. If you don't want to bother timing it right the best you can do is keep healing while he does it (hence the vital need of MP Rage). After the finisher (Sephiroth hovers in the air then strikes down, just block after he says "No more games") he will teleport at the other end of the arena to do Heartless Angel so be ready to dodge roll towards him to prevent an untimely death (yours in this case). This should go for 2 HP bars then when you begin to see the green one he will power up and summon an aura (a very nastly one at that).

Phase 3 introduces a whole new array of devastating attacks attacks as well as powering up the previous ones. The first thing worth ntoing is the abundance of dark balls of energz Sephiroth will create by doing anything from running to the basic sword slashes. In a way it means his weapons have a longer reach than ever. He will also call these dark balls to circle and close in on Sora which you can dodge roll or jump out of. If you just ignore the damage (Aero is vital here) you can get 3 hits in which will be just enough to make him teleport behind you and do it again. This is also your best opportunity to use Arcanum. Sephiroth always starts phase 3 by summoning a circle of dark balls to close in on sora. Once he does that, he will proceed to summon Meteor Shower. This attack is really annoying when on the lower levels because it will hit xou at least once at a rate of 99%. When he summons the meteors you should Glide or keep jumping to avoid the large shockwaves . The meteors will then proceed to circle Sephiroth (he is immune to all attack just like in Omnislash) either in random directions, in which case you will definitely be hit at least twice, or anti-clockwise in which case you should run and dodge roll in the same direction as them to avoid being hit. After a few seconds of this the meteors explode then sephiroth sends down that great sphere of energy he had been gathering all along. You can avoid damage from this one by dodge rolling BEHIND Sephiroth AFTER he throws the thing (you have around 2 seconds to do so.). Now all hell breaks loose. You will notice rather quickly that Sephiroth has a new sword slash which makes him spin like a cyclone that is fast, powerful and hard to dodge (he drives you crazy by saying "Dodge This!!", the bastard). The tempo of the attacks are what what make this battle teeth grinding. He will jump around, use a sword swipe, then teleport (or not) behind Sora going Dodge This all the time. Aero is a REALLY vital necessity here. You might also find yourself swept away in this frenzy of attacks then suddenly realise that he's on the other side of the arena charging the ever-feared Heartless Angel. Try your best to make sure the you're within dodge rolling (or super gliding if you have it) distance to ANY point of the arena within seconds because if not, you're dead. Speaking of dead, Sephiroth still uses Omnislash, more powerful than ever, but the real bummer is that he will frequently use two of them consecutively. As a result, you barely have time to recover from the first before he goes and does it again, which is in turn, of course, followed by a Heartless Angel attack. After using Omnislash, Sephiroth will summon the dark balls again to close in on sora then teleport into the middle of the arena to do Meteor Shower. Thus the circle is complete and the whole third phase mostly consists of Sora healing himself and getting a few combos in when he can. You might want to make frequent use of Arcanum when you can afford it (which will often be the case given all those MP you gain thanks to MP Rage) as it makes you invulnerable (but not to Heartless Angel I've discovered) and gets a decent load of hits in. Of course, if you have enough strength you can just go Arcanum crazy and spare a few elixirs/ethers to afford doing the combo until death (his, with any luck) parts you from Sephiroth.
[/rant]

Ultima Legion

It is a special place...A place of wonder and magi
it was hard at the start =so i will give u a walkthrough.

Equip Ultima Weapon (or strongest you have) and equip every elixer u have then equip Strike Raid and Sonic Blade
Start the battle and keep attacking him
sooner or later he is going to disappear and then you'll hear the words "sin Harvest" Try to attack him with strike raid or sonic blade before he finishes the attack. repeat the strategy and he will stop using sin Harvest.
No whe will summon these meteor thing and dodge them in the same way u dodge Hade's fire.
keep attacking him and then and soon his body will start to glow and you will have to hit his head. be careful when he gets down to very low health as he will do Sin Harvest very quickly and without saying the words so attack him quickly and DONT GET COCKY or else yr dead

(AT the start he isnt Accepting yr attacks is because he has health over the bar so keep attacking to get down) Hope u like the tutorial :D

Miles Prower

you have to synthesize in the moogle's workshop in traverse town the only way to do this is to have already synthesized everything else on their list (24 items) then it will become available for you. here is the list of things you need to synthesize the ultima weapon:
Lucid Gem x 5; Power Gem x 5; Thunder Gem x 5; Mystery Goo x 5; and Gale x 5

Miles Prower

here is the strategy i used to beat him, at the time i didn't have the ultima weapon so i just used the keyblade with the highest attack that i had (oblivion).First equip all of sora's item slots with elixirs and misk sure he has the Ars Aracnum and Strike Raid ability equiped. The first part of the battle is pretty basic, dodge his attacks then try to land some of your own. after you depleat his purple HP bar and begin depleating his pink HP bar he will start to taunt you and he will use his "Sin Harvest" ability. yopu can stob this devastating attack by hitting him but it isnt always that simple. if he manages to cast it on you use an elixir AS SOON as it is about to take away almost all of your health and MP. if you do this too soon nothing will happen but if you're too late he will teleport to you and kill you. after depleating his pink bar and some of his orange bar he will start to fly around just dodge his attacks and use strike raid and ars arcanum dto damage him while you are invincible

dreamless

Website
www.khguides.com
Great walkthrough, eliefinis. Sometimes it depends on what level you are. Take the time to raise your level in regular battles. You'll learn good moves and get more health, mp, etc.
Good luck.

Eliefinis

Obviously, he has the same weakness as Omega Weapon in FFVIII: a constant pattern of attacks. No matter how powerful those attacks are, if you can predict when they're going to happen you've already half won the fight.

tehFluffy

i beat sephy on expert at level 39 ><
no joke... i just dodged all his attacks and
attacked like crazy... I dont remember which
keyblade i used, but im pretty sure it sucked....
Anyways its not hard if you try... And you get Ultima Weapon
by going to the moggle synthesis shop and doing
synthesis until you can make the ultima weapon...
Well at least thats what i was told.

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
In order to beat Sephiroth, you must be at least lvl 75. Have two MP Rage, MP
Haste, Second Chance, Strike Raid, Sonic Blade, Ars Arcanum and Superglide.
Also for magic have Aero/Aerora/Aeroga and Cure/Cura/Curaga (which ever you
have). Use either the Lionheart, Oathkeeper, Oblivion, or Ultima Weapon
keyblades against Sephiroth. When the match starts cast Aero/Aerora/Aeroga on
yourself and then start attacking Sephiroth. Eventually he will either use his
explosion or disappear. If he uses explosion immediately use Ars Arcanum to
avoid being hit be the explosion a second time or Superglide away from him. I
recommend using Ars Arcanum because Superglide won't always work. If he
disappears tap R1 to target him before he slashes you. Repeat this until you
here him say ome? After he says that he will disappear and then reappear.
After he reappears he will say escent Harvest Angel? This move drains all
your HP and MP. This is where Strike Raid, Sonic Blade, and Second chance come
in. As soon as he says escent Harvest Angel?immediately use Strike Raid or
Sonic Blade to stop him. If a halo appears above your head then its to late,
but don't worry. If you equipped second chance you'll have 1 HP left.
Hopefully if you have anything that will heal you then use it. Use elixir if
you have any. After Sephiroth uses Harvest Angel he will be harder to catch up
with and will use Harvest Angel until you his health is low so repeat this
process. He will soon get even tougher but as long as you keep casting
Aero/Aerora/Aeroga and Cure/Cura/Curaga then eventually you'll beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back