• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Roxas merge with Sora in the data world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmaticBHK

I have three questions about "merging" between Nobodies and their original selves
They are sort of hard.

1) Does anyone know how Roxas was able to merge with Sora while Roxas was in the the digital Twilight Town and Sora was in the real one?

2) Also, if Nobodies merge with their original selves when they are physically close, how did Naminé and Kairi exist together in the World That Never Was?

3) How come after Sora and Roxas merged at the end of the prologue, Roxas was still able to project himself out of Sora in the World That Never Was and talk to Naminé and Sora? When a Nobody merges with their original, does the Nobody still maintain an individual consciousness?

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
1) Does anyone know how Roxas was able to merge with Sora while Roxas was in the the digital Twilight Town and Sora was in the real one?

I don't know HOW exactly, but according to the Secret Ansem Reports, DiZ had to "convert Roxas into data" to restore him to Sora.

2) Also, if Nobodies merge with their original selves when they are physically close, how did Naminé and Kairi exist together in the World That Never Was?

Probably through sheer willpower. We could definitely see something happening to Namine when she was running with Kairi, but Namine had gotten into the castle; Namine therefore knew the way out. Kairi didn't. So Namine was of more use to her separate.

It may have been the same thing that happened when Roxas's consciousness reacted to Axel's death by manifesting itself and attacking Sora; except if I remember right I don't think Donald and Goofy could see him then, but Saix is the only one (besides Kairi, her other) who saw Namine and said something about it, and he's a Nobody (so there's a better chance he could see her if she was magically invisible).

3) How come after Sora and Roxas merged at the end of the prologue, Roxas was still able to project himself out of Sora in the World That Never Was and talk to Naminé and Sora? When a Nobody merges with their original, does the Nobody still maintain an individual consciousness?

Apparently they do for the purpose of "they lived happily ever after." To me, joining then was completely pointless. Maybe it's because, up until then, Namine and Roxas still had purposes and weren't ready to completely give over to their true selves. It's possible that, now that they've joined up, everything Namine and everything Roxas will slowly fade away.

BUT THIS IS DISNEY C'MON.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
1. He didn't merge with Sora in the data world. He got out of it, and did things like say goodbye to Axel, like in that flashback after defeating Roxas in KH2FM. Then he merged with the real Sora.

2. They were togther. But you don't have to be physically close. Roxas did it from the clock tower.

3. Yes, because they're whole. They're more than they were as a Nobody, so of course they are able to not only maintain, but acquire an existence.

C

Colours

:Also this is so diverse because it's the other way around:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
He got out of it, and did things like say goodbye to Axel, like in that flashback after defeating Roxas in KH2FM. Then he merged with the real Sora.

You know his final goodbyes were after Axel's death, right?
Or did you imply that and I missed your point?

C

Colours

Elaborate please, I'm not quite following you.:confused:

I was saying how nobodies don't merge, they are recombined themselves with there
original person. Like Roxas was half of Sora, he didn't merge because he was Sora. He reconnected
with Sora, to make Sora whole again.

~Merge means to combine something with another thing, making it two things in one body.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I was saying how nobodies don't merge, they are recombined themselves with there
original person. Like Roxas was half of Sora, he didn't merge because he was Sora. He reconnected
with Sora, to make Sora whole again.

~Merge means to combine something with another thing, making it two things in one body.
Thanks. My brain stopped working for a mintue there.

ruinandchaos85

I always thought DiZ did that to control the process, him being a control freak and all. Seemed like everytime he wanted to control something he digitized it, Roxas, Kingdom Hearts(epic fail).

Qarx

I always thought DiZ did that to control the process, him being a control freak and all. Seemed like everytime he wanted to control something he digitized it, Roxas, Kingdom Hearts(epic fail).

Funny, since it would take millions (maybe billions or trillions) of Terabytes of computer data JUST to transfer ONE human.
Even if he could do that with a whole world, it wouldn't be able to transfer the immense amount of data contained in KH. It wasn't the inpredictability of all the human hearts, it was just too much data. But... it wouldn't explode from that, unless DiZ designed it to.

ruinandchaos85

Actually the unpredictability of human hearts caused the light explosion, why DiZ would be some dumb to think he could digitize billions of hearts is beyond me, with the no less than the exact same ray gun he used on roxas, hence the epic fail.

Don't get me wrong, I do realize he was desperate, and he did make some changes to the gun to compensate, but it was obvious it wasn't going to work. He should gave up and relied on Sora like everyone else.

Then again he is a control freak.

neodusk182

1.) Roxas merged with sora in the data town, but, because he was part of him, he didn't have to be at the same place to merge.
2.) Namine was either resisting or it just wasnt meant to be at that precise moment
3.) The death of axel stirred roxas' being enough to give him the strength to seperate, and he was probably pissed too, because from his point of view, maybe it was soras fault, and he let axel die. That is why when he is done fighting him, roxas says"You make a good other" and went back to him instead of fading into darkness, from what all the other org. members do when they are defeated, because he forgave him or something like that

ruinandchaos85

1.) Roxas merged with sora in the data town, but, because he was part of him, he didn't have to be at the same place to merge.
2.) Namine was either resisting or it just wasnt meant to be at that precise moment
3.) The death of axel stirred roxas' being enough to give him the strength to seperate, and he was probably pissed too, because from his point of view, maybe it was soras fault, and he let axel die. That is why when he is done fighting him, roxas says"You make a good other" and went back to him instead of fading into darkness, from what all the other org. members do when they are defeated, because he forgave him or something like that

1. Who says they were in different places? And also if that were the case Roxas and Sora could've merged at anytime, since Roxas was looking for Sora.

3. The Sora v. Roxas fight was a battle within Sora's mind, there was no way Roxas was going to fade to darkness after his defeat.

Personally, I think it makes more sense to assume that after DiZ (sorry, name mixup) got him into the pod room he could transfer Roxas's data to Sora's body, hence merging their consciousness, since it appeared as if the control freak had almost everything in his "digital world" under his power.

lroxas95

How about this:

This is a magical place where many unpredictable things happen.

Does that seem like a good explanation?

KHfreak24

I have three questions about "merging" between Nobodies and their original selves
They are sort of hard.

Roxas found a way out of the digital twilight town so he was actually in the real world.

They don't htats just it the nobody has to willingly merge with their true selves and Naminé and Kiari hadn't merged yet.
That is the one question that i don't know an answer to my guess is that his heart wanted Roxas to come out and so it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back