• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how did members of organisation xiii return human?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybrand

Hi, this has been a question that has been plaguing me since ddd. how was axel and the other members of organisatio xiii return to being human?
I thought maybe it is an open mystery and will be answered later since when axel woke up he himself was confused about hoe this might of happened. However I feel this condradicts their effort in kh2 (their plan to become human by using kingdom hearts, why go through all that effort when they just revived as humans later)

Awards
Their Heartless and Nobody forms were destroyed and both halves returned to the whole. Their heart halves, however, didn't return to their rightful places until after Xemnas's KH was gone for good.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hi, this has been a question that has been plaguing me since ddd. how was axel and the other members of organisatio xiii return to being human?
I thought maybe it is an open mystery and will be answered later since when axel woke up he himself was confused about hoe this might of happened.
When both the Heartless and the corresponding Nobody (if there exists one) are destroyed the original person is restored.
Meta-wise this was already explained and confirmed back in 2006 in supplementary material when the "Director's Secret Report XIII" came out together with KH 2 Final Mix where series creator Tetsuya Nomura explains the whole thing:
Director's Secret Report said:
VIII. When you defeat Heartless, what happens to the hearts they have stolen? Also, when Nobodies and members of Organisation XIII are defeated, do they return to their original forms?

When a Heartless is defeated, essentially, the owner of that heart returns to life somewhere in the Realm with the body that had once disappeared.
Some facts about where hearts go were also established in KHII, but those were exceptional circumstances brought about by the Organisation.
However, there is the rare case in which a body changes into a Nobody. If that has happened, without the vessel it ought to return to the heart will go into a suspended state.

When a Nobody is defeated, it's a little complicated. If the heart has been released they will return to their original form as mentioned above, but if the heart is still dispossessed by a Heartless, the Nobody will be swallowed by darkness.
If their heart, wherever it is in the realm, could be taken back perhaps they could return to their original human form.

Supplementary material like this often holds answers for some apparently still mysterious plot points, hence why KHInsider actually translated the whole thing and made an reminding article about it last year:
A look back: Director's Secret Report.

There are many more such instances with interviews made by the gaming magazine Famitsu or the Kingdom Hearts Ultimania books (Japan-only books that come out for each KH title), hence why each KH game on the main site also has an "interview" section.

Directly in-series however it was first mentioned in the first secret ending of Re: Coded, "Signs of what's next":
Re: Coded said:
Yen Sid: Hmm... The question is: What does Xehanort intend to do next?

Mickey: Xehanort? But his two halves are gone. There was Ansem, who
commanded the Heartless, and Xemnas, who commanded the Nobodies. Didn't
Sora defeat them both?

Yen Sid: Correct, those two met their end. However, therein lies exactly
our problem. Their destruction now guarantees the original Xehanort's
reconstruction.

Mickey: Huh?

Yen Sid: Xehanort's heart, once seized by his Heartless half, is now free.
And his body, which had become his Nobody, has been vanquished. Both
halves will now be returned to the whole. In short...this means Master
Xehanort will return.

However I feel this condradicts their effort in kh2 (their plan to become human by using kingdom hearts, why go through all that effort when they just revived as humans later)
Have you yet finished playing DDD?
If yes then you should know why this apparent "contradiction" is meant to be, if no keep playing and you'll get an answer to that.

Raybrand

When both the Heartless and the corresponding Nobody (if there exists one) are destroyed the original person is restored.
Meta-wise this was already explained and confirmed back in 2006 in supplementary material when the "Director's Secret Report XIII" came out together with KH 2 Final Mix where series creator Tetsuya Nomura explains the whole thing:

Supplementary material like this often holds answers for some apparently still mysterious plot points, hence why KHInsider actually translated the whole thing and made an reminding article about it last year:
A look back: Director's Secret Report.

There are many more such instances with interviews made by the gaming magazine Famitsu or the Kingdom Hearts Ultimania books (Japan-only books that come out for each KH title), hence why each KH game on the main site also has an "interview" section.

Directly in-series however it was first mentioned in the first secret ending of Re: Coded, "Signs of what's next":

Have you yet finished playing DDD?
If yes then you should know why this apparent "contradiction" is meant to be, if no keep playing and you'll get an answer to that.
So as I remember seeing in the gameplay cutscenes that if the heartless and the nobody versions of that particular person is destroyed then that person is revived as their original form. In Kingdom Hearts 2 the members of Organisation XIII were saying that they wanted kingdom hearts so that they could become whole again, but if thats what they wanted then why didn't they simply destroy themselves, that's what I meant earlier when I said that the rule 'destroying the heartless and nobody restores the original person' seems out of place considering all the effort they went through to access Kingdom Hearts.

From what I read in the material you mentioned, if the nobody is destroyed before its heartless counter part only then does the threat of death apply if vise versa then the person is restored. If that is the case then couldn't Organisation XIII spend its time hunting their heartless?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
In Kingdom Hearts II, the Organization was not seeking their own, old hearts. They were seeking new ones/new ways to be whole. It's also unlikely that most of the Organization Members knew that they would be recompleted/were told how it works. Thus they were not concerned with trying to track down their old hearts/Heartless-halves. It'd likely be near impossible for them to do anyway.

In case you haven't finished DDD: Xemnas and Xigbar knew that the separation between Heartless and Nobodies was just temporary. They also knew that Nobodies could grow their own hearts. They deliberately lied to the rest of the Organization about their natures and their goals in order to achieve their true, actual, goal, which was to use Kingdom Hearts to supplant every member with Xehanort's heart and mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back