• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How come it's called Birth by Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The only time something like that ever happened was in the beginning of the game and when Ansem mentions it in the secret ending. Other than that, the game has nothing to do with it at all. Kingdom Hearts Zero would be a better title.

Lavender13

I think because in the end, it leads up to the secret ending. that and nomura wanted to add "BB" in it like "bulletin Board" just like he did with COM and coded.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
That doesn't sound right really. I don't think a MAJOR theme of the game has to be the title. ie. 358/2 Days. Wasn't major, just a title cover.

Lavender13

it wasn't a major theme, but regardless it was one in the secret ending. still, i remember nomura trying to find an excuse to add in BB in there.

Lavender13

What does BB have to do with anything?
like i said, nomura has added internet terms into his titles (he admitted) like COM and coded, he wanted to add BB into it like Bulletin Board on a forum. So someone gave him the name "birth by sleep" and since he thought it was original by adding "by" into a title, he made it happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
like i said, nomura has added internet terms into his titles (he admitted) like COM and coded, he wanted to add BB into it like Bulletin Board on a forum. So someone gave him the name "birth by sleep" and since he thought it was original by adding "by" into a title, he made it happen.

Doesn't explain Days though.

I'm sure that is part of the reason, but Birth By Sleep also relates to the "birth" of Sora's heart and the "rebirth" of Ven through slumber. And his eventual birth again when he is freed from the Chamber of Awakening

Lavender13

Doesn't explain Days though.

I'm sure that is part of the reason, but Birth By Sleep also relates to the "birth" of Sora's heart and the "rebirth" of Ven through slumber. And his eventual birth again when he is freed from the Chamber of Awakening
he only mentioned coded and COM, so i couldn't figure out days.

i doubt birth actually relates to sora's heart. it seems to relate to the secret ending too...ven's slumber yes. and yes the Chamber of Waking along with the Sleep made in kh2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
he only mentioned coded and COM, so i couldn't figure out days.

i doubt birth actually relates to sora's heart. it seems to relate to the secret ending too...ven's slumber yes. and yes the Chamber of Waking along with the Sleep made in kh2.

But Sora was a heart "born" into the Realm of Light, caused by the "death" of another heart somewhere out in the worlds.

Birth by Sleep means Birth by Death in a sense.

Crystal

Silver Member
But Sora was a heart "born" into the Realm of Light, caused by the "death" of another heart somewhere out in the worlds.

What do you mean by "caused by the death of another heart"?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i think you're making this up now

Not really. Just drawing from some things in Eastern religions and physics. Sleep is a connotation of Death. If you apply a common notion of Eastern religions that when the body dies, the soul is recycled and that one cannot be born without another's death. And there is the Law of the Conservation of Energy, y'know that all energy is recycled and remains constant " that energy can neither be created nor destroyed: it can only be transformed from one state to another."

Lavender13

Death does apply to KH though, not in the sense we know it though. And I'm definitely referring to death the way it is in KH.
sigh...but all of waht you said doesn't apply, because it's not confirmed. youre theorizing, yet you say it as if it's fact.

Lavender13

right here. not once did you say it was a theory, or you're thoughts, just that it's there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
right here. not once did you say it was a theory, or you're thoughts, just that it's there.

But I never confirmed it as fact. If you see, at the end of my response I say "in a sense". And the idea of heart being born from another's death is a very common theory.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
^pointless arguing.

It's called birth by sleep, because Nomura said so, the name sounds cool, thats what it is. End of story.

Lavender13

But I never confirmed it as fact. If you see, at the end of my response I say "in a sense". And the idea of heart being born from another's death is a very common theory.
a common theory from YOU. i dont see anyone else saying it. ALso, i said "as if it were fact". let's stop the smart alec talk, we both know what i meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back