• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hints & Tips for defeating Sephiroth (There maybe others too)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWolfos

Website
www.neko.invisionplus.net
Alot of people were asking me if I could help them in th KH2 game with Sephiroth,
so I decided to make this thread. ^ ^

This can help you defeat Sephiroth, or make it easier to defeat him.
I have listed the things he does during the battle and other details
that may help you understand or, and defeat him.

A new, but familiar enemy!
Sephiroth, the one-winged angel, is assuredly the most difficult adversary in the game.
He is the embodiment of darkness and Cloud’s eternal rival.

Sephiroth is one tough cookie.
Few bosses are as tough as Sephiroth. Sora must be at a high level and have lots of Abilities, plus
a lot of Elixirs. Be quick to catch all of the Reaction Commands to take advantage of Sephiroth’s
pauses. Attack him first before he can unleash the near-fatal Flash attack!

ACTION | TYPE |PM |DFL |Description
Cut Combo |Weapon |x1.0 |B | 7 forward cuts
Aerial Cut |Weapon |upward slashx0.25, air |B | Upward slash then 4 aerial cuts
combo | |cutx1.0 | |

Moving Cut |Weapon |x1.0 |B |Quick wide slash
Flash |Weapon | charge x1.0Extra0.25 |X |Charging slash, 13 hits
Shadow | Dark | x0.5 |O |Create dark balls that home in on
flare | | | |Sora,can be destroyed with the Keyblade
Firaga Wall | Fire |x1.0 |X |Creates 15 pillars of fire around Sephiroth,
| | | | pulls Sora closer
Meteo | other |x0.25 |X | Rain meteors from the sky______
Heartless | other | -- |Drop Sora’s HP to 1, MP to 0, can be interrupted
Angel | | X |before Casting

Reaction | Effect |Power |
Block | Deflect Flash Attack | N\A |
Victory Bonuses \ Item Drops .
Drive Gauge+1 N\A .

BATTLE PREPARATIONS:
To defeat Sephiroth, it is highly recommended that Sora be at around level 80. Before fighting him, it is vital to have obtained various key abilities. Second Chance and Once More abilities are essential, as each one provides a slight advantage when caught up in his attacks. The Trinity Limit attack is the easiest way to cause damage and it works best when paired with the Combination Boost ability. To learn the Glide ability, you need to level up the Final Form. This is the way to take full advantage of the arena.

As the battle begins, press the /_\ ((Triangle)) button to use the BRC ((Block Reaction Command)). You can’t counter or dodge this attack, so guard against it. Watch for other opportunities to use this reaction as the battle progresses. After dashing past Sora, Sephiroth leaves himself open momentarily. Take advantage of this by unleashing a powerful combo followed by the Trinity Limit.

If Sora’s MP is gone, you have a couple of choices. You can use an Elixir and continue the Trinity Limit assault. Or, you can Glide around the stage and wait for his MP to replenish. Once it does, get in close to use the Trinity Limit again. This is a time-consuming tactic, but greatly increases your chance of victory.

If you have Berserk Charge equipped, take advantage of the Trinity Limit’s Knock-Back with a few more hits. Do not get over confident, as Sephiroth will recover and has extraordinary speed and range.

After losing half his HP, Sephiroth will begin to get serious. Watch for him to raise his left arm into the air and call forth a wall of fire. This draws Sora toward it, so use the Glide ability to get away. Any time that orbs of dark energy begin forming around Sora, jump away and prepare a Reflega.

Sephiroth’s most devastating attack leaves him wide open. Any time he rises high into the air, lock on and move in to attack. Use the Aerial Spiral ability or the Trinity Limit to knock him out of his stance. If you can’t reach him in time, Sora’s HP is reduced to one and MP to zero. Sephiroth’s Meteor Shower is also quite powerful. During this attack, use the Glide ability and circle the stage to avoid the falling meteors.

Other: ((you don’t have to read this, but it’s useful.))
[The Ultimate Confrontation:
After defeating Sephiroth, it’s finally time to tell Cloud his whereabouts. Visit the Market Place and talk to Cloud. Tell him that you ran into Sephiroth and that he is located in the Dark Depths. Return to the Dark Depths and speak with Sephiroth to set the epic sword fight in motion. After watching everything unfold,
Tifa hands over a new Keyblade! ]

[Few, I’m finally done {I wrote this thing twice, and still came out unexpectingly wrong! :/ }and, thanks HD, BG Guide.][/COLOR]

Last edited:

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Tip. Don't color the font. Leave it the default color. Becuase this weird gray is really hard to read on a blue background.

Thos are pretty good tips. They're all good ones.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
There is another must ability. I forget the name, but it is where you attack with square when knocked into the air. It turns one of his worst attacks into a free full aerial combo for you.

WhiteWolfos

Website
Hahahahah....very funny..
I only meant it to be a guide or of some sort of help for other members into defeating him. I'm offering help or tips and such, and if you don't want it (I assume you already have LE guide) then why would you come here?
I'm not plagiarizing either...

Ah..well..

ordaXjn

lol im just kidding ya....i highly doubt any bradygames person comes here....and thx changing the color halfway through....but the black becomes harder for me to read cuz im using the red skin...they should make a font that works on all the skins

btw i work for bradygames....

Last edited:

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I read my spiffy and handy Bradygames guide I bought in junction with the Kingdom Hearts II game the day it came out. Coincidentally, evey word and bit of information you got there is worded and formed in the same fashion as the guide as well.

Even if you did add in a few of your own words in the very end. You should give credit to Bradygame's Official Stradegy guide, specifically page one-hundred and nintey-four.

Last edited:

WhiteWolfos

Website
Well, I did give the Special edition stradegy guide some credit now >.<
But to tell you the truth, BradyGames price for the special edition wasn't so cheap.
And it earns profit too.
I agree, I don't think anyone BG person would come...
[I still don't agree with the plagiarizing]
I'll try to change it into a light blue, if it helps >.>

Akai

Oh.
This guide helped me so much. It worked perfect. Basically just keep using Trinity Limit and when its recharging kick his ass. Use Ultima Weapon for MP haste thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back