• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri-oblivion XII

I am a self proclaimed aspiring video game designer. Ive been developing idea since I played video games but one thing has became a tree in the gears (was a branch but it grew) I never thought of a title. Ive been think for years and i never thought of a freaking title. so I come to you the smart people of the KHI forums to come to my aid*. Please have a heart and help and guide me to an awesome title

* one condition I won't give incredibly vital details and ideas or they might be stolen and then I'd be shooting myself in the foot

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Every gamer when they're 13 thinks they're going to grow up and be a great video game designer, but in all honesty you should see the likeliness of what the field is like: long, boring, tedious hours in front of a computer screen typing code. Not influencing great decisions, not playing around with a controller in your hand, not simply selecting "lol press X buttan and suddenly SUPAHFLASHYCOMB HAPPENS" into the computer and then that's programmed into the game, you spend long 60 hour weeks in front of a computer screen

Are you going to be working on the latest and greatest breakthrough title? Chances are: no. What most people going into Video Gaming end up doing? They make Disney games, and Barbie's Horse Adventures, and the latest Movie tie-in game developed by EA. You don't do anything significant, chances are you'll end up making the very games you hate to play right now; the trashy shovelware games that get popped out by by EA like "super backyard baseball '09", etc.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
TMM's right, most people who consider entering game design don't know that they start small. Thinking you'll wake up one day and say, "I'm gonna create the best video game ever!" will not happen. If you DO get into game design, you WILL start off developing mediocre titles.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
Every gamer when they're 13 thinks they're going to grow up and be a great video game designer, but in all honesty you should see the likeliness of what the field is like: long, boring, tedious hours in front of a computer screen typing code. Not influencing great decisions, not playing around with a controller in your hand, not simply selecting "lol press X buttan and suddenly SUPAHFLASHYCOMB HAPPENS" into the computer and then that's programmed into the game, you spend long 60 hour weeks in front of a computer screen

Are you going to be working on the latest and greatest breakthrough title? Chances are: no. What most people going into Video Gaming end up doing? They make Disney games, and Barbie's Horse Adventures, and the latest Movie tie-in game developed by EA. You don't do anything significant, chances are you'll end up making the very games you hate to play right now; the trashy shovelware games that get popped out by by EA like "super backyard baseball '09", etc.

100% QFT

like alot.

as for a good video game title, just add "Final" at the beginning and watch the money roll in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back