• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help with my homework

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteria

help me I'm in earth science help mewith this homework

what would happen to the southwest if they had an earthquake
why would this happen in the event of an earthquake?
what could these people do to reduce the risk in the event of an earthquake?

The southwest portion of the city is the industrial segment and contains several major petroleum processing plants and chemical factories. Is located on loose alluvial sediments

all I came up with is the reaction from the chemicals and petroleum would cause an outbreak of fires and all I know is that alluvial sediment is clay or silt or gravel carried by rushing streams and deposited where the stream slows down

HELP me!!!!!

Last edited:

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
1. If an Earthquake occurs in the Southwest, the area that is near the earthquake may either be destroyed, leveled, or the sea level will rise. Grounds may split and buildings will crumble. Landslides and mudslides are possible, and awakening a volcanoe is also possible if near one.

2.The cause of an earthquake is the sifting in the earth's platetectonics. Since the plates are moving against each other, an earthquake is thus made.

3. What people can do to reduce damage is that they can bolt furniture down, make sturdier buildings and always have an earthquake warning drills just in case another earthquake may occur. People can probably bored up their houses, and keep belongings safe. Afterwards, during or before the earthquake, people should evacuate the area and go to a safe area.

edit: These kinds of questions are easy. You just look up earthquakes and safety percautions. I did this out of memory.

Mysteria

1. If an Earthquake occurs in the Southwest, the area that is near the earthquake may either be destroyed, leveled, or the sea level will rise. Grounds may split and buildings will crumble. Landslides and mudslides are possible, and awakening a volcanoe is also possible if near one.

2.The cause of an earthquake is the sifting in the earth's platetectonics. Since the plates are moving against each other, an earthquake is thus made.

3. What people can do to reduce damage is that they can bolt furniture down, make sturdier buildings and always have an earthquake warning drills just in case another earthquake may occur. People can probably bored up their houses, and keep belongings safe.

edit: These kinds of questions are easy. You just look up earthquaks and safety percautions. I did this out of memory.

nice effort, BUT WRONG, I gave the information of what is included in this town no volcanoes not near any bodies of water just use the information given and answer!!!!!!

NOT EASY WRONG!!! do not tell what is easy or hard, no drills or anythings just answer my questions and give why there will be fires and what about the alluvial sediment you did not use the information I gave to you from my homework ,
your memory 's good but your answer sucks don't use memory can you actually think and give a smart intellectual answer, no I bet you can't
I would get a C-
from your response
I spit on it

edit: wow too late already blew

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
haha! If this is hard for you, then it is just a breeze for me. I learned this kind of thing from 6th or 4th grade. Please make your questions more specific and hinted information more noticable. There, you got your answer, you answered it yourself right? If you did, then you never needed my help.

Mysteria

haha! If this is hard for you, then it is just a breeze for me. I learned this kind of thing from 6th or 4th grade. Please make your questions more specific and hinted information more noticable. There, you got your answer, you answered it yourself right? If you did, then you never needed my help.

I copied this from the homework stupid, tell my teacher that info

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Mysteria, since you are idiotic enough to ask for HW help on the internet, I wouldn't reccomend insulting the person that helped you...dumbass.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
3. What people can do to reduce damage is that they can bolt furniture down, make sturdier buildings and always have an earthquake warning drills just in case another earthquake may occur. People can probably bored up their houses, and keep belongings safe. Afterwards, during or before the earthquake, people should evacuate the area and go to a safe area.
Don't forget that most earthquake-prone areas have special building parameters they need to abide by, lol building codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back