• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Happy Birthday, Nomura! (Ask Him Anything)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
In honor of Tetsuya Nomura’s 53rd birthday today, I thought it could be fun to find out what burning questions you would ask him about KH4, the general future of the franchise, or unresolved mysteries.

Personally, I would ask him what themes he wants to explore in this next story arc. Will the franchise explore more mature subject matter as the characters and audience have aged?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Things I’d ask him:
  • If he has a successor trained in the event of retirement or…extenuating circumstances.
…Actually yeah that’s really it. I’m not actually going to ask him that on the off chance he has a fan meet with his English fanbase, because it’s crass, but I really can’t see him working on anything else anymore beyond the remake trilogy and KH. Does he have anything going for him beyond his pet cat and career?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Things I’d ask him:
  • If he has a successor trained in the event of retirement or…extenuating circumstances.
…Actually yeah that’s really it. I’m not actually going to ask him that on the off chance he has a fan meet with his English fanbase, because it’s crass, but I really can’t see him working on anything else anymore beyond the remake trilogy and KH. Does he have anything going for him beyond his pet cat and career?

If and when he steps back from director roles, I could see him continuing to work as a character designer in a capacity similar to his role in OG FFVII. Also some creative producer credits like NEO: TWEWY. After the Remake trilogy, there’s also the potential for other remakes he could be involved with in some capacity.

I think Tai Yasue would be the most likely person to take over if something happened to Nomura at this point.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Here’s 2 questions I’d like to ask him:
1. if an animated series based on Kingdom Hearts came to pass, would you prefer it to be a stand-alone series that doesn’t interfere with game continuity or have it tie in to the games’ ongoing story?

2. Does time exist in the Final World?

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd ask him if he might consider resolving the Cloud and Sephiroth conflict in KH4 or a future title. As well as the return of old and new FF characters again.

The set up for this with Quadratum feels too perfect to pass up in my opinion. It would explain where they have been and why they weren’t around in KH3. Plus timing is excellent for a tie in with the Remake project the same way KH2 was for Advent Children. Maybe Zack can be around too. I hope he considers it!

2 quid is good

Awards
WAS THE ELLONE REFERENCE A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME!?!?!?!?!? WHY DID YOU PUT A BEST GORL REFERENCE THAT ONLY 2 PEOPLE WOULD GET????? DO YOU SUPPORT ELLONE SUPREMACY????????

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In honor of Tetsuya Nomura’s 53rd birthday today, I thought it could be fun to find out what burning questions you would ask him about KH4, the general future of the franchise, or unresolved mysteries.
1. No seriously, WTF was with the cloud versions on Switch?

2. & if remakes of Days/Coded really weren't happening, why didn't you guys just go for emulation of the DS games?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
2. & if remakes of Days/Coded really weren't happening, why didn't you guys just go for emulation of the DS games?

Is it foolish to still hope for OG CoM on Nintendo’s GBA online service eventually?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Is it foolish to still hope for OG CoM on Nintendo’s GBA online service eventually?
I've been thinking how to set up my save states if it does. 4 save states+4 in-game save files to spread between the bossfights for Marluxia 1, Marluxia 2, Axel, Larxene, Lexaeus, Vexen, Riku Replica, & Ansem. Maybe a 2nd profile to make saves for floor bosses.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What was going to be the "mystery KH", and why was it cancelled?

Maybe it was the friends we made along the way. 🤣

But really, I’d love to see him talk about all the KH projects or even concepts that never came to fruition.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I've been thinking how to set up my save states if it does. 4 save states+4 in-game save files to spread between the bossfights for Marluxia 1, Marluxia 2, Axel, Larxene, Lexaeus, Vexen, Riku Replica, & Ansem. Maybe a 2nd profile to make saves for floor bosses.

Maybe they’ll add it for the 20th anniversary next year!

Back