• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Halo-Master-Chief-Collection.jpg

I'm remedying the lack of thread for this game.

So for those of you who live under a rock and don't know, Halo: The Master Chief Collection comes out Tuesday November 11th. It contains all 4 numbered installments of the Halo franchise, including the Halo 1 remaster, and more importantly, the Halo 2 Anniversary remaster.

That means you get Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4, all updated for the Xbox One with every single map made for each game, dlc included, with all the original multiplayer and other game modes (meaning, yes, the original Halo 2 online which helped change online gaming as we know it), all for the simple price tag of $60. Everyone knew that a Halo 2 remaster would come after 343 Industries created Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, but the extents that 343i have gone to 1up the initial remaster (along with including both 3 and 4) is pretty incredible. To the point that, for the cut-scenes, Microsoft and 343i got Blur Studios (you know, the ones behind basically every sexily rendered video game trailer) to do the cut-scenes for the upgraded Halo 2 (though you can still seamlessly switch back to the old graphics whenever you feel at the press of a button).

Trailer:
[video=youtube;FwHpY3jNbFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHpY3jNbFc[/video]

Halo 2 Story Gameplay (with old/new graphics swapping):
Halo 2 Anniversary GAMEPLAY Gravemind 60fps (Halo: The Master Chief Collection Gameplay & Cutscenes) - YouTube

Halo 2 Multiplayer:
HALO Master Chief Collection GAMEPLAY - HALO 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Gameplay 1080p Xbox One - YouTube

Halo 2 is definitely the star of this collection. It defined Xbox Live and multiplayer as a whole, and many, many people still view it as their favorite multiplayer experience to date. Sure, a lot of that's nostalgia, but that's what any remake sets to bring back to you. But there's also the Remake of Halo 1 which will finally have its multiplayer online as well. You guys can finally move beyond LAN parties. With that, there are also all the amenities of upgraded graphics for Halo 3 and Halo 4, though since they came out on the Xbox 360, the increases are nice but not drastic in any way. Mostly it comes with having an upgraded frame rate that really makes a difference.

Forge modes are back for Halo 3 and Halo 4, and Halo 2 Anniversary also has its own forge mode as well. There are playlists for both single player and multiplayer across all 4 games with various game types and objectives. While I didn't own an original Xbox, only playing it rarely at friends' places, I have played through each game so far on the 360, from Halo 1 - 4, as well as Halo Reach and Halo Wars. And as much as I like to poke fun and call the games Gaylo, if you own an Xbox (or specifically in this case, an Xbox One), this collection is a must have. They are legitimately good and fun games, and even if you don't enjoy the competitive aspect, the single player and the ridiculous amounts of easter eggs and custom modes will leave you with more than enough to warrant the very reasonable price tag of $60.

I realize for much of KHI, Halo is a moot series. On an already Sony-game inspired forum that is comprised mostly of kids who love aspects of eastern culture, shooters and other western games don't appeal to many of KHI's users. Add to the fact of Xbox One's difficult first year compared to the PS4, and this fact is multiplied. But I will venture out and say that more time and care has been put into this remaster and collection than any previous remaster or collection (at least on consoles) prior. Even GTA V's updates- while actually updates mechanically and not just visually (I'm looking at you Tomb Raider, TLOU, etc)- don't compare to the effort put into this remaster.

So while I'm not saying that you should buy an Xbox One just for the MCC, I am saying that if you already own one: do yourself a favor and pick it up. Immediately. This is one of those essentials if you own an Xbox One, and there's just no other way to say it than that.

I've already got it payed off. If anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is Vengeful Hero. See you around, Spartans.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
tl;dr this game made me want to get an Xbone, it'll probably be awhile till that happens but it's gonna happen.

GT: Shado Fenix for whenever I get around to getting my hands on this. Always loved Halo even though I joined the party pretty late (bought a 360 just for Halo 3 in 2008) but have been a huge fan ever since.

Sdog

Awards
I'm prepared to lose my life to this collection for next month, if not longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back