• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GUILTY GEAR 2: OVERTURE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Doesn't this more or less kill everything that made Guilty Gear awesome (IE, beautiful sprite animation and great fighting system) and replace it with everything that could possibly drag it down (IE, 3d animation and the gameplay from that shitty Isuka sidescrolling game)?

Still, I'll probably check it out.

~Dorian Gray

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
If I recall correctly the original Guilty Gear was supposedly supposed to be 3D as well, but never got the budget for it. The later games only stuck with sprites because it was made popular...

In so much as I'm guessing anyways ;D.

That aside, I love Ky's new costume.

Volente EX.

Awards
3-D, huh? Guess keeping it 2-D wasn't such a bad idea after all. O_O;

By the way, if you're referring to the character seen on the website and scans, that's not Ky. It's a new character that goes by the name "Sin," as seen on scans. Either that or Ky gets a new alias and a new "happy" expression on his face. Huge resemblance between the two though; Sin wears a gold crucifix or some ornamental cross around his neck, and he just seems very reminiscent of Ky's old Sacred Order.

Oh well, if Daisuke wants to do something else besides work on a possible X3, then the least he can do with Overture is expand the story. I mean, the storyline didn't get really far, even in XX.

Volente EX.

Awards
I wouldn't despair just yet. While it sucks now that we're not seeing a true successor to the XX installments, I think that Overture is purely meant for storyline purposes. Like a side story. If you ask me, I think Guilty Gear could use that. Maybe it doesn't have to be done, but there's no saying that it shouldn't be done either.

Okay, so it's not the familiar 2-D fighter we've grown to love and tier-whore, but at least Daisuke has something else in his mind other than another re-work of XX. Accent Core is enough for me. ^^;

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Overture is apparently supposed to delve deeper within Guilty Gear's backstory, apparently in the Holy War.

I think the main reason Daisuke isn't working on a pure sequel is the naming issue. As Holy Zen put it, in Japan it gets named "XXX", which I hope I don't need to explain. Thus in North America, we get an "X3". Looks like a laughing cat, not a symbol of heavy metal.

Volente EX.

Awards
Overture is apparently supposed to delve deeper within Guilty Gear's backstory, apparently in the Holy War.

I think the main reason Daisuke isn't working on a pure sequel is the naming issue. As Holy Zen put it, in Japan it gets named "XXX", which I hope I don't need to explain. Thus in North America, we get an "X3". Looks like a laughing cat, not a symbol of heavy metal.

Doesn't seem very practical, since that problem could be easily solved by art, the way it's drawn. They could make three Xs and make it appear like a bunch of criss-crossing, where as X and three could be intersecting each other to remove the "cute" effect of those symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back