• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greg Ayres Panel on Fansubbing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
So I watched it, and it was pretty interesting. Thanks for posting, I love the panels at cons.
Massive guilt trip. I don't download it, but I watch it online, which I suppose is just as bad. But to be quite honest, I don't think I'm going to stop reading scanlations or watching it online soon. I know he said it wasn't an excuse, but I'm broke until I (hopefully) get that job, and then I may try the quick, direct, and most importantly, legal methods of getting anime/manga. (So I fit one of the stereotypes he mentioned. Great.)
And even though he makes multiple good points on the matter, it's going to take a lot more than that to battle the convenience of getting it for free on the internet.

I doubt that scanlations are going to stop anytime soon, unless there are more major lawsuits like the Death Note one Ayres mentioned. But from what he's saying, there might be more of those coming. =/

(and also, cartman and crispin freeman ftw)

Last edited:

Desert_Punk

Its a hard fight, I know. I've stopped watching things online completely, unless its being offered by the official company. So, its been hard to get my anime fix. I'm glad adult swim has their Adult Swim Fix, that helps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back