• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give reasons why KH3 will/should be on the PS3 besides...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh wow, Tetraal, consoles have been capable of FMV scenes since 1994, you don't think that a console twice as powerful as the PS2 could do FMV scenes, when the Super Nintendo could?

He's got a point there. Have you seen some of the Wii games' cutscenes? Such as Twilight Princess. I realize i've been mentionign that a lot but its the best reference for the cutscenes and what not. That game has some kickin graphics. I can guarantee you that a Kh game on the Wii would be pretty cool.

Maybe not amazing. Could be. But I dunno. But it wouldn't be terrible thats for sure. And as for how the pointer would be incorporated, you could swing the keyblade just like you swung the sword in Zelda TP.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
And Twilight Princess's cutscenes were in real-time, they weren't even prerendered at all, and Twilight Princess was a Gamecube game, they made it to take advantage of what the Gamecube could do graphically, so Twilight Princess isn't even the Wii's capabilities.

Same with games such as Shadow of the Colossus, this isn't even a prerendered scene and this game was on the PS2:

shadow4.jpg

And the Wii can do better than that

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
And Twilight Princess's cutscenes were in real-time, they weren't even prerendered at all, same with games such as Shadow of the Colossus, this isn't even a prerendered scene and this game was on the PS2:

shadow4.jpg

And the Wii can do better than that

Precisely. Just showing the point even further that Wii=more amazing than it gets credit for. The Wii is also the only new Gen system that didn't have any major system flaws when it was first released.(As far as I know) The only real flaw it had when it was first released was that wrist strap thing. And in my opinion that was about 95% the people who owned the system's fault.

Kh cutscenes could easily be pulled off on the Wii, and not only pulled off, but maybe made to look better even. I honestly hope Nomura really considers putting a future kh game on the Wii and if not just that, make it a multi-console game.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Kingdom Hearts isn't even a graphically intensive game, the series has always been about art style, not huge polygons and realistic hair mechanics. When you try and incorporate realistic high-def graphics into KH it ends up looking terrible, the Wii gives enough power to give the game a graphical boost with some added polish and bells and whistles, as the KH series has never needed an assload of graphical high-def shaders and anti-aliasing to see every pore on Sora's skin

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Kingdom Hearts isn't even a graphically intensive game, the series has always been about art style, not huge polygons and realistic hair mechanics. When you try and incorporate realistic high-def graphics into KH it ends up looking terrible, the Wii gives enough power to give the game a graphical boost with some added polish and bells and whistles, as the KH series has never needed an assload of graphical high-def shaders and anti-aliasing to see every pore on Sora's skin

True. There are still some points in Kh2 where Soras (or anybody elses for that matter) mouth doesn't move with the exact words. Though I suppose that happens in way more games than Kh. There were points when I first played Kh2 where I couldn't tell whether or not they were gonna speak when a cutscene happened or when there were gonna be text boxes. MOst of the time it was obvious but sometimes, itd' happen right after a voice cutscene and it'd throw me off a bit.

And if Nomura did decide to use the Wii, guaranteed he woulnd't be after it for graphics as much as he would the unique gameplay that comes along with most (maybe all) Wii games. I mean. Just look at DBS Budokai Tenkaichi (sp?).

They remade that for the Wii and you had to hold certain buttons down and move the Wiimote in certain direections to do special moves. While that was kinda hard sometimes (Though it could've just been me. x.x;) it was incredibly fun to play. And I was never a big fan of those games before, but playing it on the Wii was amazing.

Adding Kh to the Wii would not only add a unique style of gameplay, but may attract more players to the game due to the gameplay itself.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Oh wow, Tetraal, consoles have been capable of FMV scenes since 1994, you don't think that a console twice as powerful as the PS2 could do FMV scenes, when the Super Nintendo could?

I didn't ask if the GC could play FMV. I was asking the for, I guess, the strength of it compared to the PS2. You said it was 2x powerful and then went on about the controller. Confused me, I guess.

and if the GC is 2x as powerful as the PS, why didn't they have more games with FMV sequences? I just saw a lot of animations. Is it because of the targeted audience?

The pointer could be incorporated into the Camera, as well as be used for Magic and Projectile attacks. So, you're facing a hoard of Heartless, you select "Magic" slice a line across the screen and watch Sora mimic that slice, a large row of flames bursts forward from the Keyblade as he slices and slams into the row of Heartless. Or, Sora being able to actually fully control the bullets of Wisdom form and aim where they go, or make precise shots with Blizzard, or being able to draw a line on the ground and have a row of Thunders follow it

Dude, the pointer as the direction of the camera? that would seriously suck. I like the Wii and all but that idea is kinda flawed in my eyes. (Ever played elebits? aww those cute little f*****s.)
And that could be difficult, saying it is easier than making it happen.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I didn't ask if the GC could play FMV. I was asking the for, I guess, the strength of it compared to the PS2. You said it was 2x powerful and then went on about the controller. Confused me, I guess.

The PS2 was the weakest console last generation, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, and the Wii is 2x the power of the Gamecube, ergo the Wii is more than twice the power of the PS2

and if the GC is 2x as powerful as the PS, why didn't they have more games with FMV sequences? I just saw a lot of animations. Is it because of the targeted audience?

The Gamecube's power meant it didn't need to use pre-rendered scenes. For example, Resident Evil 4 had every single cutscene with real-time graphics because the Gamecube's power allowed them to do that without sacrificing performance. however, a year later when they ported Resident Evil 4 to the PS2, the PS2 was so underpowered that they had to take every one of those cut-scenes from the GC version and pre-render them just so they would function on the PS2 hardware

Dude, the pointer as the direction of the camera? that would seriously suck. I like the Wii and all but that idea is kinda flawed in my eyes. (Ever played elebits? aww those cute little f*****s.)
And that could be difficult, saying it is easier than making it happen.

You've clearly never played a Wii game then, because most of the time the pointer is used to influence the Camera direction, you simply point to the left and the camera scrolls left, or point to the right and the Camera scrolls right, etc. how is that any different than moving an Analog stick left or right? Oh wait, I know, it isn't, except now instead of having to move your Thumb away from a button onto a second Analog Stick just to adjust the camera, all you have to do is point at the screen and the Camera moves for you

Who cares if you think it's 'easier said than making it happen'? Do you think Square Enix is a company to take the easy road and put the bare minimum into their games? No, they're not, no matter what Square Enix works with they do whatever they can to take full asdvantage of what they're using no matter what, and they innovate ways to properly use mechanics that no one has ever tired before, that's why they're a sucessful company, because they have more imagination to make things work than you do.

Last edited:

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
hmmm...maybe I'm just too stupid to understand that last bit.
the PS2 was so underpowered that they had to take every one of those cut-scenes from the GC version and pre-render them
maybe the GC version didn't look good on the PS2, that they re-rendered them to make them better. Ah? Ah? w/e
okay okay. I'm just stupid then. I'll stop buggin ya.
Thankies for the infos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back