• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Getting started on programming and things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Recent events and inflow of ideas have given me a new fascination that's piqued my curiousity. I've always been a bit of a goof with the computer so I'd like to ratify that. Due to their line of work, even my parents are better with the computer than me, but they don't have the time to satsify my interests. Well anyway, scripts, virtual machines, manipulation, html, hacking, and above all, programming have really caught a hold in my mind.

Is there any safe, reliable, and easy way to get started on education about the topic? I need a non-physical hobby (reading and writing do not count) so I might as well try to get into this. I think the easiest and most effecient way is to get my mother to send me to extra-curricular classes, pull a few strings here and there but I'd like some unput from here as well.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Barnes and Noble, or whatever bookstore you have nearby, is a great source of information for things of this nature, especially for C++ which is simple enough to explain clearly. My best advice, go to a bookstore and sit down with a computer. You can learn a lot hands-on so long as you can be a self-taught person.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
If you want to get started new in programming, C++ is honestly not the easiest choice. At least if you want to learn it well.

Try Java, C#, or Python. There are a few guides online you can try out. If you need assistance with code and such, Google is your friend. There's also sites like stackexchange that are good. Also, r/programming.

Books: CS books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back