• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Forge Through the Sky (OOC, Discussion, & Sign-Ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainfire

Sitting in the rain, thinking up new ideas...
History has a funny way of showing us what we've done wrong, and what we will do wrong in the future. It speaks in riddles and in words to arcane for even the greatest of minds to decipher... at least, quickly enough that they could do anything about it. From wars to diseases to large civil movements, everything only shows as a blip on history's radar and is written in its book. It speaks to us like a parent to a child, calmly telling us "Not to do it again, or next time it might be worse."

As humans, we never listen. You figure that when they started to say the world was deteriorating around us that we would stop pollution... stop doing things to destroy our only home. Humans though are creatures of destruction and of abuse. We have no value of things, yet we find use for them. Things that may make our lives easier but make things harder on everything around us -- the environment and the animals that inhabit it.

Well, I guess that's enough of an internal dialogue huh? Let me explain this. Humans never learned their place in the scheme of things and eventually destroyed the earth that we initially inhabited. This happened, as far as our records can tell, about 2365 C.E. Honestly it didn't all go down in a specific year but this was the year that earth reached the breaking point and we as humans, scrambled to find a new place to live. Large pod-like devices were launched into space, all targeted at different worlds to terra-form and to create new colonies. Everyone said they were determined not to let what should have never happened in the first place, happen again.

Years pass and finally the Pods find their targets. Some Pods never make it, obviously, but others do. One in particular lands upon the unsuspecting world of Agleron. It is on this world that we as a race become the most efficient. However, humans find themselves not alone on Agleron. In fact, two races already survive on this world. One come to be known as the Phirin, and are elven in appearance, as far as being able to place a face to them. They occupy this world with another race, almost completely identical to us humans, known as the Imperius. The only difference is that they possess mental abilities superior to our own, even psychic powers. They are more frail than us though, not fit for physical combat.

It is not a peaceful existence they share, and definitely not with the introduction of a third race. We as humans are almost wiped out before we can gain a grasp of the world. What makes it so difficult, you see, is that this world is not land-based. It is sky-based. Cities and large islands float in the skies. The land below is almost completely uninhabitable. Most don't even known its appearance. At any rate, humans, as always, manage to adapt and adapt their own technology in order to compete with these other two races -- mainly for control of the resource of this world. It is a powdery crystal substance that powers all energy sources capable of supporting floating cities, ships, and homes.

This energy source, called Guz'Ren, is mined from large craters on the surface below. It is a primary hazard to those who do this job of mining -- beasts unlike any seen on earth inhabit the surface, managing to survive somehow. They require Guz'Ren to survive, making the cycle of this energy source a complete necessity to all on this world.

We as humans, for the first time in existence, wish merely to survive. We can hold our own against both other races, but eventually, things will come to a head and everyone involved will engage in battle... and when the smoke clears, all I fear is that no one will be standing. Then again... maybe some new power may enter the battle and take everyone else by storm. After all, if we can travel through space, whose to say that there are others who cannot?

++++++++++++++

Story Cap/Focus: This is a role-play of development, of personal and nation-wide conflict amongst the three races involved. It is a tale of romance and of adventure, and of anything that those involved wish it to be. Primarily, in this, the first story, the conflict comes from things set up by myself, but make no mistake, things will come to a head and flesh out. Your focus in this role play is to play as one of the three races and to fight for your beliefs and for your race. We'll have conflicts over Guz'Ren and over acquiring new landmasses and, a few surprises as well. Anyway, let's get onto the details!

Race 1 -- Humans: Humans are... well, you and I as we stand. They are the well-rounded race in probably every game you've played. Intelligent, adapting, and physically fairly-well standing. Humans are the smallest race on Agleron but are the most resilient. While not the most advanced of technology on the planet, theirs is sturdy and can hold its own against that of the other races. No special abilities are attributed to the humans but they are well rounded, unlike the others. Their ships are probably the heaviest and slowest of all three races but have more brute force available to them and very good defense. Good Against: Imperius. Bad Against: Phirin.
Example of Human Airship: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/Valyon/1246236806999.jpg

Race 2 -- Phirin: Phirin, while looking human-esque, have a more feral and elven appearance to them. They are not, however, barbaric by any means. They are more in touch with nature and their endurance and speed in all things outpaces that of the Humans and Imperius. While not as bulky as humans, they are lean and are physical combat experts. Their technology is very refined and streamlined, integrated with nature. They have magic-like abilities on a very simple level -- able to use nature to their advantage. The most advance of these nature-weavers can summon storms as their weapons and shift the weather, since their own ships don't have quite teh armaments of either other race. Their ships are fast and quite maneuverable. Good Against: Humans. Bad Against: Imperius.
Example of Phirin Airship: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/Valyon/_Master_and_commander__by_AcerB.jpg

Race 3 -- Imperius:
The Imperius are the least physical of all three races. They are very beautiful but frail physically. They prefer to use their mental abilities to gain advantage. Their technology is the most advance, and their ships are around mid-ranged between the Humans and the Phirins. Their mental abilities allow them to help be better combatants by reading the emotions of their opponents and even telepathic communication, while the most powerful have the ability to scramble the thoughts of others to keep them from performing as an efficient team. They are arguably the most ruthless and logical of the three races, but they do have emotions and are far from perfect. Good Against: Phirin. Bad Against: Humans.
Example of an Imperius Airship: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/Valyon/Dogfight_by_OmeN2501.jpg

Rules:
-No God Moding or Power Playing-
-I give literacy, and so I expect it in return-
-Please participate if you join-
-Romance is allowed and encouraged, but don't make this a lemon-
-Your posts must consists of at least 1 paragraph with a length of 5 sentences or longer-
-You may have up to 2 characters-
-Each race must have at least 2 players before I'll allow a 3rd of a race-
-Remember to have fun and explore. I left this kind of open-ended for a reason!-

Template:
For your template, all you have to sign up with is your name, age, gender, and race. In your first post you will be expected to bring your character to life, so consider it a template, only in story-mode. In other words, use your first post as an introduction for your character and their personality, goals, etc. This will also be accepted as your agreement to the rules. So if you have any second thoughts, don't post your first post! Because once you do, you will be expected to participate. Also, if you play more than one character, your first post must consist of two separate intros for both characters (I don't care how the intros and character play are separated as long as they are in the same thread post).

Race Listings:

Humans
-Rainfire-

Phirin
-Chromatic_Chaos-

Imperius

Alaude Drenxta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back