• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FM+ HELP!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Electrik

ok i really wanna play khfm sooo badly i have the 80gb ps3 backwards compatible and i have the old ps2 (the skinny one) now i wanna know how i can play them?? which system should i use and how can i play them like what swap magic to get or whatever (and i live in the u.s.) please help and if u can where can i buy the swap magic stuff and what is an easy way to set it up??? and i wanna play the kingdom hearts 1 fm and the kingdom hearts 2 fm

Last edited:

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
well if your ps3 can play ps2 games then play it there,since its region free you'll be able to play the game

GriffinB

No, that's not how it works. PS3 games are region free, but PS2 games are still region coded. Just because the PS3 can read region free PS3 games doesn't mean it will work the same with PS2 games.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
No, that's not how it works. PS3 games are region free, but PS2 games are still region coded. Just because the PS3 can read region free PS3 games doesn't mean it will work the same with PS2 games.

actually it does because my cousin has a ps3 and is able to play japanese ps2 game. :tongue:

Blue Electrik

waaaaiiiittt??? im confused? i need to know for sure becauase i dont wanna buy the games and have them not work but i dont wanna buy the swap magic if its a waste of money. . . ?

TwilightLegends

actually it does because my cousin has a ps3 and is able to play japanese ps2 game. :tongue:
Really? I doubt it.. I also have the exact same kind of PS3 (80 Gig, Backwards Compatible) and I've actually been trying to find a solution to it for a while, MANY sites say the same thing Griffin B said.

kasamake

so should i get the swap magic and use it on my ps3? or ps2?

I've been researching for awhile and I found that even if you could play khfm on ps3 don't. The ps3 has problems sometimes with ps2 games, why? I don't know, I say you get swap magic. If you want get the khfm games and try to play it on ps3 before you get swap magic, to make sure you don't waste money. If it doesn't work then get swap magic and a flip top, flip top is a mod for ps2, as far as I know you need flip top. You can research about that if you please but if it works on ps2 with just swap magic then lucky you. Also don't worry about memory card you should be able to save JP game data on it. If in the future you need help installing flip top (if you end up needing it that is) search on youtube or message me, I know how to do it.

kasamake

Just saying, the reason for the flip top is to block to ps2 sensors (that tell what the region code is). Also it makes it easier to swap discs, also you can even open the top tray and the disc won't stop spinning. So if your the kind of person who plays (ex. tales of the abyss) and do that glitch on the world map where you take out the disc and use the glitch where you can walk on anything then think about if you want flip top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back