• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Mixes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

siegleeagle

Okay I did not know where to put this so if it needs to be moved then please i would be pleased.

I have been reading through these forums and in general I see from most users that everyone hopes that a final mix is not made and that they don't like the final mixes in general. I do see the occasional person who likes them like me and paladin but I don't see why they garner so much hate. They add new things to the story, generally really cool extra things are put in, and the difficulty is normally harder.

The main argument that I see going for the people who don't like them is that they are not released in America. I don't understand why this would make you mad just because you have to buy it in a different country! It would be the same game if they released it here!!!!! The cutscenes are in english and the text bubbles are the same, all you need is a game script and I have found those easily. Next The menus are exactly the same so it should not be hard to figure out plus there are translation guides for the old and new stuff! Also in the translation guides they have translations for the new cutscenes.

Now some may say you have to mod the ps2, ugh no you don't.... buy swap magic!!!!! Swap magic and 1 of the final mixes cost the same as a regular game that was just released (about $60)! Then if you have a fat ps2 get the slide tool or if you have a skinny one just block the sensors, its not hard and takes about 1 minute.

All I can think of is that no one wants to take the extra time to read some things...which is kinda lazy.

Ok now that i got this of my chest, please don,t assume im mad or am angry at people, im just curious as to why its hated and presented why I think it doesn't matter if it was released here or not.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
All the other reasons I can think of right now:

1. Paying for a games we already have with a few things they apparently couldn't include in the regular version of the game. Money is an issue.

2. A waste of time for the dev team. Instead of creating final mixes, why not work on new titles?

3. This whole thing started because the Japanese fanbase were complaining how we got a Sephiroth (Kurt Zisa, Phantom, and Ice Titan also, but probably Sephiroth was the main issue for them) battle and they didn't, yet when they complained about it, they got what they wanted. When we do it, we get emails, some of which just serve to give us false hope.

siegleeagle

All the other reasons I can think of right now:

1. Paying for a games we already have with a few things they apparently couldn't include in the regular version of the game. Money is an issue.

2. A waste of time for the dev team. Instead of creating final mixes, why not work on new titles?

3. This whole thing started because the Japanese fanbase were complaining how we got a Sephiroth (Kurt Zisa, Phantom, and Ice Titan also, but probably Sephiroth was the main issue for them) battle and they didn't, yet when they complained about it, they got what they wanted. When we do it, we get emails, some of which just serve to give us false hope.

That shouldn't be a reason to hate the games, it should be a reason to be mad at the developers.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I don't "hate" final mixes. If I've said that before, I was being hyperbolic, but whatever.
Final mixes annoy me, because they draw away time that the team could be using to start other games like KH3.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
TC is one of the few non-Final Mix intelligence challenged people on the forum IMO.

I completely agree with him. If you dont import FM, it is completely and utterly your fault. It is not hard to do and it is a worthwhile investment in every sense of the word. If you complain about the price, you dont buy things now a days. Its $60 and thats about the average cost of a new PS3 game/ Xbox 360 game. The only reason I would agree with someone who didnt like FM and didnt import was if they had shorterm memory loss and couldnt remember the menu layout.

Its also the fans fault KHIIFM was made. I wasnt a huge fan at the time, but the fans of that period horribly rushed the development of KHII so they didnt have the time to put in everything they wanted.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I completely agree with him. If you dont import FM, it is completely and utterly your fault. It is not hard to do and it is a worthwhile investment in every sense of the word. If you complain about the price, you dont buy things now a days. Its $60 and thats about the average cost of a new PS3 game/ Xbox 360 game.

I'm not saying that that's why I don't like Final Mixes, but for the sake of argument, I would pay $60 dollars for Kingdom Hearts 3.
Not Kingdom Hearts 2 + some extras (that is mostly in Japanese and has to be imported and you need to modify your console to play it)

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not saying that that's why I don't like Final Mixes, but for the sake of argument, I would pay $60 dollars for Kingdom Hearts 3.
Not Kingdom Hearts 2 + some extras (that is mostly in Japanese and has to be imported and you need to modify your console to play it)

I wasnt talking about you haha. Im talking about people in general (and it has WAY more than "some" extras)

Even Roxas is made higher definition lol

Allister Rose

French Lover
A final mix would most likely be similar to the kh1 case where englsih version got a couple bosses so the japanese version created a fianl mix version, having sligthly more than the english.

thoguh not much for BBS, they plan on adding more scenes for western, and adding critical mode. and the game already has a secret boss.

basically the final mix would probably be the same as the western version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back