• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora22

I am about to fight Maestra Seymour, do any of you all have any tips for me, because I heard he is one of the toughest bosses in the game. Tips would be greatly appreciated! :D

jk4eva

I wish you good luck! Meh, Seymour can be a pushover depending on the strength of your characters.
Full overdrive gauges are best in every fight, make sure to use them and continually heal yourself. (Make sure Yuna learns Cura or Curaga.) Of course, aeons are your best friends -- it wouldn't hurt to unleash their massive powers.

Btw, which form of Seymour are you fighting?

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Don't trigger/talk! Use Aeons' overdrive (level up on highbridge) Yuna heal, All overdrives and whamo! bye bye!

M

MegaFlare

I trigger/talked and did just fine. Just have a good strategy. I don't remember what he's like the first time you fight him, but I never had trouble with Seymour :\

Have Auron hitting him, Auron's a good fighter. Aeons get 1 turn, to if you have them in overdrive, that'll be great. Have a healer in the party. :l

Yue

Radical fcuker.
Eh, I ALWAYS had full overdrives on all my aeons. A quick blast here and there from overdrives should murder Seymour =\ Just attack and heal when necessary.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Like already mentioned before, it depends on what form.

Normal Seymour- Use the ElementalBlazes to nullify his spells. If you attack Seymour, his guards will counter with auto-potion. Put Lulu in the party and have her focus. A LOT, until she can kill a guard with one spell. Kill the guards, and they'll cast shell/protect on him before they die. Summon your new aeon when prompted.

Seymour in Bevelle- Just equip yourself with anti-stone equipment, and it's cake.

Seymour in Gagazet- After about 4-5 aeon overdrives, he's gone.

Seymour in *spoiler*- Give him everything you got. He should fall before you without too much trouble.

Darth Zack

The easiest way to win the first Seymore is to simply steal from the guards. You will get a Hi potion and after that they can´t use it anymore!

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Yes, steal fromt he guards so they don't heal Seymour. When he summons his aeon, summon "???", which is the new aeon you just got from the temple. It is very strong against his. Usually, you can get in a couple overdrives with it, then Seymour's aeon will die. After that, just pound away on him with Auron, Tidus should use Hastega, and then have him use quick hit.

Hyperion

I haven't played FFX in a while, but I do remember that in the first battle (in Macalania) Seymour casts spells in a particular order: Blizzara, Thundara, Watera and Firaga. If Yuna has all the Nullify spells, the cast them in the same order: Nulfrost, Nulshock, Nultide and Nulblaze. If you keep ahead of him then he won't be able to affect you with his magic.

For the fight against Seymour in Bevelle, I found that Yuna's Reflect worked well. Good luck, I hope it helped.

Exile

Website
ss.bloodlegion.net
On the first seymour use threaten on the guards, they will be easy to kill. Threaten is used by Auron. I actually haven't fought the other Seymours yet. Oh and on Anima use the ????? Aeon and Ixion, he will be a piece of cake after that. And for Seymour himself use Yuna's Nul abilties.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Strategy A:

Scan Seymour with Sensor, then click on Seymour and see what order he casts his magic in. When you have learned this order, have Yuna cast the NulShields in the same order and he will never hit you. Every time you try to hit Seymour, one of his Guado Guards will jump in your way, and every time you hit a Guado Guard, he heals himself. To take out the two Guado Guards, use Rikku and your best hitter. Have Rikku to steal from one of the Guards and then have your best hitter attack that Guado Guard. You will get one Hi-Potion and the Guado Guard will not heal. When the Guards are dead and Seymour has exceeded his life, he summons Anima, an Aeon. You have seen Anima at the Blitzball Tournament. Use Yuna to summon the "????" Aeon, whom is Shiva. Use Boost for Shiva twice. This will put her into Overdrive. Before you use Diamond Dust (her Overdrive), heal yourself with Blizzard/Blizzara. Repeat this twice and Anima will die. Quickly dismiss Shiva. To defeat Seymour again, just cast the NulShields in the order of his magic and attack with your best hitters; or use Lulu, for Black Magic.

Strategy B:

Make sure that Yuna is in your attack party. Use her to cast NulBlaze, NulShock, NulFrost, and NulTide. Seymour and his Guado friends only use magic attacks and Confusion. Keep doing this until Yuna Reaches overdrive and use her "Grand Summon". You can use what ever Aeon you wish, but Ifrit is recommended. He will be charged with Overdrive because Yuna was, will kill the Guados. Seymour will summon Anima. You should use Boost once, take Anima's attack (which will only take away half of your life). After that, use Fira or Blizardra on yourself, depending on whether you chose Ifrit or Shiva to fight (elemental Aeons gain HP from their elemental attacks). Repeat this until you reach Overdrive and use your attacks. When Anima's Overdrive gauge is almost full, use Shield and his Overdrive will only take half of your life away. Repeat this until he dies. You will have to fight Seymour once again. Do what was you done before with the Nuls and use either magic or other attacks.

------

Seymour 1 is considered an EXTREMELY hard fight for first time players. =)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How about o.o THe mainstream RPG player? xD Not us who are used to Final Fantasys and always have buff charectars.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
There is nothing wrong with Tiddlywinks >.> It's a perfectly good contact sport!

Square Ninja said:
The only time Seymour gave me trouble was on Gagazet. I came back with a vengeance after I underestimated him the first time.
Why does everyone have trouble with him? He was the hardest of the four to beat, but that doesn't mean he was difficult. I don't know anyone who beat him on their first try (other than myself).

Anyways, back ontopic: Monkeybutt's strategies are probably the most fool proof, but if you're like me (which you're probably not), you'll hate summoning, and just stick to pounding everyone to oblivion, which is more difficult.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Master T said:
You now know someone who has.
I feel special.

But really, the Seymour fights are just pushovers. They all have a huge weakness, which a simple strategy of a couple skills/abilites will exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back