• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX: Melodies Of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
Version X is right, of course.

Why doesn't that surprise me? lol :)

Square Ninja said:
If you want truly outstanding compositions, listen to classical music. That's not to say FF's music is bad, because Final Fantasy has (or should I say "had"?) some of the best music in the industry. The thing you have to remember is that the music is not composed like those symphonies. It is designed to go along with the gameplay, it's not supposed to draw your attention like those symphonies.
You have some points there, symphonies are composed for different reasons that vg music. But when did anyone in this thread say video game music was better than symphonies? I don't know why Version X is trying so desperately (and rudely I might add) to prove symphonies' superiority to vg music when A. they are musical pieces intended for totally different uses (as you said) and are an apples/oranges comparison and b. no one said they were better than symphonies! All I said was that vg music is amazing - I never doubted symphonies.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
I'm behind you 100% Hikari!
I might not be the brightest or deepest person in the world, but I love "Melodies of Life" and I'm quite comfortable in my "ignorant" little corner as long as I have everyone else who loves it with me!
It's a really fun song, the Jap lady has a great voice.

Hikari44

Engulfed said:
I'm behind you 100% Hikari!
I might not be the brightest or deepest person in the world, but I love "Melodies of Life" and I'm quite comfortable in my "ignorant" little corner as long as I have everyone else who loves it with me!
It's a really fun song, the Jap lady has a great voice.

Thank you! Finally, a person not obsessed with proving their superiority and intelligence to the rest of the "ignorant" people in the message boards! Emiko does have a great voice, and to me it is an outstanding piece of music. (not that symphonies aren't, i just prefer my j-pop to most classical XD)

i like you. buddy list altering time!

Hikari44

i'm kind of curious about that too (unless you are referring to FF X-2's music, which, in that case, I'm behind you 100 percent.) I'm wondering - did you play 11? Was it's music crappy? Cause I know you couldn't POSSIBLY be referring to X's music - and if you say you are......I will never forgive you for your stupidity lol XD

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Hikari44 said:
i'm kind of curious about that too (unless you are referring to FF X-2's music, which, in that case, I'm behind you 100 percent.) I'm wondering - did you play 11? Was it's music crappy? Cause I know you couldn't POSSIBLY be referring to X's music - and if you say you are......I will never forgive you for your stupidity lol XD

That's funny, coming from you.

Final Fantasy's music has been on the decline since IX. You only say that because FFX has that bitchin' blitzball music in the intro.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
That's funny, coming from you.

Final Fantasy's music has been on the decline since IX. You only say that because FFX has that bitchin' blitzball music in the intro.

And just why is that funny coming from me? I'd like to hear this...

You know what I love? How you make random assumptions about people and assume their opinions aren't legitimate and that, somehow, yours ALWAYS are. For your information, i happen to hate the Blitzball and its freaky rock song in X. The only reason I say FFX has great music is...because it has great music.

You really are one arrogant SOB. XD

well, anyway, it doesn't really matter. FFX has amazing music, maybe the best in the whole series, and even your condescention isn't going to change my mind *GASP!* :)

Last edited:

New2Ya

I'm lost...
^About time someone else says it... xD

You go girl. I'm all behind ya. (Also about FFX' music. It was indeed great.)

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I agree. X's music really had that movie-experience going on throughout the whole game.

I also liked a couple of songs from FFIX and FFVIII is also a very movie-experience when it comes to music.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What makes Final Fantasy's music great it the fact that it fits the mood. None of them were truly super-mega uber fantastical tracks by themselves. I liked X's music too, but that doesn't exactly make it 'great'.

Anyway, I'd have to agree that the decline in music quality started with IX. Some of the tracks seemed to be lacking, unlike IX's (though I'll admit that most were remixes, but they fit the mood rather well).

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
Yup. Hikari is right, Ninja.
I'd start pointing things out but I've talked to you before.
But there's a strength in numbers, so maybe this time it'll "sink in".

I liked "MoL" A LOT. But...I actually prefer the one without the words, ya know?
They remind me of a cheesy 80's Love song :p

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Master T said:
What makes Final Fantasy's music great it the fact that it fits the mood. None of them were truly super-mega uber fantastical tracks by themselves. I liked X's music too, but that doesn't exactly make it 'great'.

Anyway, I'd have to agree that the decline in music quality started with IX. Some of the tracks seemed to be lacking, unlike IX's (though I'll admit that most were remixes, but they fit the mood rather well).

Agreed. They are made to fit the mood, and Nobuo Uematsu did a great job. Like in FF IX, I swear, my heart rate went up during a battle(epespecially the trumpet part! 8D) lol and certain songs brought sadness (like Burmecia 8'(..)

MoL, made me smile, yet cry! Truly beautimous

<3 teh FF music y0!

Hikari44

^ Exactly. I mean, of course IX and X's, and all the ff's music for that matter, was incredible because it fit the mood of the point in the game in which it was playing. If I had heard To Zanarkand by itself, it would no doubt still be a beautiful song, but it wouldn't have the same effect it does on me now that I've played FFX. But Nubuo's ability to make tracks that fit so well with the situations in the game is truly remarkable, and that is what i think makes ALL the ff's music incredible, including X's.

See, Square Ninja? It is possible for someone to have a legitimate point who isn't you!!

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Yeah that's probably it. No, that is it...

His songs are MEANT for those scenes, and that's what gives them more power. But if I just heard them I wouldnt like them as much.

Sakimoto on the other hand, the composer of Vagratn Story, FFTA and FFXII, he can beautiful songs where you dont have to play the games at all. That's his power.

That's why I love it when those two composers work together.

Hikari44

Square Ninja said:
I never said or implied that no one else did, and I have no clue as to where you got this silly notion.
Saying I only like FF X's music because of the "bitchin' blitzball music" pretty much implied that for me. Anyways, it doesn't really matter anymore as I have a majority of this thread backing up my views now, I just got sick and tired of you always degrading my opinions.

All is good in da hood :)

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
How about you show us more than 4 people in this thread that have totally 100 % backed you up?
Since more than 50% of all people means a majority, Hikari is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back