• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straw_Hat

Haven't seen any threads for this so i was like, what the hell, i'll do it.

Got this for the DS a few days ago, and i have to say, even though the story is cliched and the dialouge is often childish, i enjoy the game very much. The minigames are all lots of fun, including the "microgames", and though i'm no fan of card battling, the Pop-Up duels are strangely satisfying...to anyone who enjoys SE games, i'd recomend this one as well:thumbup:

anyone else have the game?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
It looks damn interesting, with a unique WiFi card game as well as the cuteness of a Chocobo and other FF folk, this may prove to be a purchase for the chay, once i gets me DSlite

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Game got an 8.0 on Gamespot, it deserves atleast an 8.5. Best DS game by Square-Enix. Tons to do, a lot of replay value, and pretty challenging for older audiences too. Exercises fine motor skills and hand reflexes a lot, story is cute, and better than what most expect.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It looks like a really interesting game. I would pick it up if I wasn't broke, but I just spent the last of my money on Super Paper Mario. I'll just have to look into it later, since it seems like my type of game. I really like the idea of the card battle system, to be honest.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
It's like a simplified version of the Triple Triad System mixed with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cardgames.

For the Triple Triad properties, you have four elements, Fire, Wind, Lightning, and Ice. Four circles on the card at opposite ends. Some with a sword icon, some with a shield.

Then the Yu-Gi-Oh kicks in with the defense/attack crap, notified with shields and swords. If your circle is a sword, and the opponents who is attacking has a shield on theirs, your attack is completely nullified.

And Pokemon's little damage system is there, usually lower than the two-digit's range. The characters always start the battle with 20 HP.

You summon traditional fantasy monsters to do your bidding.

Kinda cute.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
That sounds simple enough, and fun. I haven't really played a card battler in ages, but I figured it would be similar to something I played before. Yeah, and the 2D card-board cut-outs do look sickeningly cute. XD

Squ@ll

Yup..chocobos r like the symbol of final fantasy.. anyone try final fantasy 3 on ds looks good to me

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I don't have this game yet, but, it does look interesting

Yup..chocobos r like the symbol of final fantasy.. anyone try final fantasy 3 on ds looks good to me

Off-topic, but, I will answer anyway. FF3 is fun. I have it myself and I like the battle system.

Lady Aino

Final Fantasy 3 on the DS is really neat ^__^ I haven't played it in a while but it's fun. I'd defiantly say it's worth buying.

As for Chocobo Tales I've never even heard of it! When did it come out? I think I'll have to go check out WalMart and see if they have it in stock. I love Chocobos. So cute!

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Completed the game. All of it was entirely sweet. When you head on over to the Technolith, you hear a very nostalic theme of the Mako Reactor from FFVII.

Also after you beat the game, you are offered a chance to gain two more cards by hitting the O's in all the names and words in the credits. MUSN'T FORGET.

And you a few more minigames for beating the game to get even more duel cards.

For a game targeted towards children, it was very fun, with very outrageously hard scores to beat to earn gold rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back