• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFVII: Advent Children [contains spoilers if asked for]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Bronze Member
yeah every single song in it are remixes of old FFVII music well there's at least two original music....no one...and that's calling, the ending theme played after the credits and during a second set of credits

and yeah...it's an excellent film a friend of mine wants to watch it....only cause a friend of his sent him the Tifa vs loz scene....the thing is...he's never played any final fantasy games...which means....he won't udnerstand the film...as i said to some of my friends "if you haven't played ff7...by all means watch the film......but you WILL NOT understand anything in it" they replied "wanna bet" so i gave them the link to download it and they didn't udnerstand it at all....

also a funny coincidence is, is sephiroth at the end of the film here's a snapshot i took using windows media player classic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ren and last order/snapshot20051030140749.jpg it's a funy coincidence that sephiroth becomes what his theme song is "one wigned angel" and even more of a coindiecne is that is how he looks in kingdom hearts...

Hikari44

lol they wont understand it AT ALL since it refers back to the game so much

and the fact that sephiroth has one wing at the end of AC and he looks that way in Kh isn't a coincidence. That's how he looks at the end of FFVII - thats how he always looks - hence the song is called "one-winged angel" it would be pretty weird if that WAS coincidence, tho

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !!

Hikari44 is right. The last battle of FF7, dont you remember what Sephiroth looked like? Chad, you forgot to add a spoiler warning. You've got like,
the biggest spoiler of the movie there. No one should know about Sephiroth.
And I dont remember hearing the Black Water song in FF7 although it sounds a little like a One Wing Angel remix where the singing should start when Kadaj walks into the water.

END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER !!

chad

Bronze Member
Japan=out
USA=i think i's out
UK=the net for now...comes out for DVD and PSP in february

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
I just saw the movie!
It was awsome!

Anyway...
Abute that wolf thingie, I´ve heard that it´s Fenrir...
And that Clouds bike is named Fenrir to...
All Cloujds limitbrakes whrer freaking nice!
Wavebeam, Braver, Ominislach and more...

Gurren Brigade FTW!
Sorry for DP...
But have you seen how Clouds sword works in AC...
Here is a pic of the parts and wikipedia deskription:
Cloud_6_piece_sword_diagram.jpg

The Swords

The First Tsurugi is composed of six separate swords that assemble into one large sword which Cloud uses in his battles against the antagonists Kadaj, Yazoo, Loz, the summoned Bahamut TREMOR/Bahamut SHIN, and Sephiroth. It is also disassembled for the final attack on Sephiroth at the end of the movie.

The swords of the First Tsurugi are not named in the movie, but their distinctive appearances and functions can be used to distinguish them. The First Tsurugi consists of one main blade, one hollow blade that serves as the front edge, two identical (but asymmetrically opposite) blades that form the back, and two identical (also asymmetrically opposite) smaller blades that attach to the sides. In its fully assembled state, the First Tsurugi is clearly inspired by Zack's Buster Sword in its shape and size.
The six blades of the First Tsurugi, stored in the Fenrir motorcycle.
Enlarge
The six blades of the First Tsurugi, stored in the Fenrir motorcycle.

The swords of the First Tsurugi in its disassembled state are usually stored in racks inside the special compartments (three racks per compartment) on both sides of Cloud's motorcycle, the Fenrir. In addition, Cloud wears a harness on his back which he carries the swords in. Since this harness is never shown fully occupied, it is possible that all six swords can be carried by Cloud at once.
[edit]

Main Blade

The main blade resembles an exaggerated Zweihänder in its shape and appearance, though Cloud usually wields it with only one hand, invariably his right one, despite its apparent size and weight. It consists of a long hilt wrapped in a red material, a distinctively large handguard which the other swords are locked into, a wide length of blade, and an equally long but thinner length ending in a point. The main blade is the only sword among the six that is double-sided, and is somewhat similar in silhouette to Cloud's Ultima Weapon.

The main blade has two forms. In the first, the appearance is as described above, with the blade of the sword appearing to be one solid length of metal except for the transition between the wide and thin halves. In the second, the blade is pulled outward; the edges are locked apart and a complex inner portion of the sword is visible, giving the blade an appearance not identical to but reminiscent of Cloud's Apocalypse sword. It is in this second form that the other swords are assembled onto the main blade.

The main blade, by itself and as other swords are attached, is Cloud's primary weapon. In addition, Cloud is shown to be able to use his Blade Beam limit break using only the main blade.
[edit]

Hollow Blade

The hollow blade, as its description suggests, does not have an inner core as expected for a sword. Rather, it is essentially (though not exactly) a thick sheet of metal folded in a V-shape when looked from above, the edge of the sword being the the bottom point of the V, with its lower one-third of its length wrapping around a red double-hilt. This hollow blade is locked onto the front edge of the main blade, where it snugly covers that entire side of the main blade, and its own edge serves as the striking point for the assembled sword. It is this addition that turns the First Tsurugi from a symmetric shape to the distinctive Buster Sword appearance.

The hollow blade, while not Cloud's primary weapon, was perfectly capable of serving as such when Cloud was deprived of the main blade in the battle at Ajit against Yazoo and Loz. Despite its lack of an inner core, it is strong and sturdy enough to deflect and block both bullets from Yazoo's Velvet Nightmare handgun and Loz's physical attacks. After regaining the main blade, Cloud uses the hollow one as an off-hand weapon. He also ejects the hollow blade from the completed First Tsurugi as an off-hand weapon during the fight with Sephiroth.
[edit]

Two Back Blades

The two back blades are identical long swords, mirror images of each other, with one side completely straight and the other a saw-tooth pattern, and a long black hilt for each. These two swords are attached to the back of the main blade, on both sides of the main blade's back edge, with the saw-tooths pointed forward toward the hollow blade. The addition of these two swords completes the trapezoidal silhouette of the First Tsurugi.

The back blades were used by Cloud in the fight against the summoned Bahamut. One was an off-hand weapon to complement the main+hollow blade in Cloud's right hand; the back blade's saw-tooth edge is the striking edge, and Cloud wielded it until he attached it to the main blade in preparation for the Braver limit break. The other blade was carried on his back harness, until it was attached in the same battle in preparation for the Climhazzard limit break.
[edit]

Two Small Blades

The two small blades are identical, mirror image dagger-like swords, though they are still quite long. They are singled edged, with a gear-like mechanism between the hilt and the blade that allow them to fold up like a switchblade. It is in this folded form that the two small blades are locked onto the two sides of the assembled sword, with their edges turned forward toward the hollow blade. In addition, a small blade can be quickly ejected from the assembly if needed, providing Cloud with a needed off-hand weapon as was the case in the second motorcycle battle against Yazoo and Loz.

One of the small blades was used by Cloud in the fight against Yazoo and Loz, and then Kadaj, as the off-hand weapon, then reinserted into the assembled sword in preparation for the Finishing Touch limit break. As part of the assembled First Tsurugi, the two small blades do not appear to have any vital function like the rest of the swords, possibly only adding extra weight, and therefore force, to strikes, and providing a decorative appearance.
[edit]

Completed First Tsurugi

As mentioned before, with the locking of the hollow blade, two back blades, and two small blades onto the main blade, the completed First Tsurugi takes on the distinctive appearance of Zack's Buster Sword, which was placed on the cliff outside Midgar by Cloud as a memorial of his friend and not used for fighting in the movie. Unlike the Buster Sword, which contains two obvious round slots for Materia to be inserted, the First Tsurugi does not have any similarly obvious placement options (similar to Cloud's Materia slot-less Nail Bat joke weapon).

The First Tsurugi, much like the Buster Sword, is primarily a crushing weapon, not necessarily a slicing weapon as a katana such as Sephiroth's Masamune would be, though Cloud is perfectly capable of slicing through even concrete with it. Although its appearance is as stout and sturdy as the Buster Sword, Cloud does not demonstrate any more difficulty carrying and wielding it with one hand than he does using only the presumably lighter main blade by itself. In addition, the First Tsurugi does not appear any stronger or weaker than Kadaj's Souba (a tasseled double-katana) or Sephiroth's Masamune long katana, neither damaging nor being damaged by repeated full-strength edge-to-edge blows between either, which would certainly damage a real sword's edge if not outright break one of or both of the swords. However, it is demonstrably capable of cutting through Yazoo's Velvet Nightmare gun and Loz's Dual Hound pile bunker, even when missing one of the small blades from the full assembly.
[edit]

Omnislash Version 5

In Japanese, called "Choukyuu Bushin Hakazan Version 5", Cloud's final limit break in Advent Children is a fast succession of six slashes using the six swords of the First Tsurugi one time each. It is significantly different from the Omnislash in the original game, which only used one single sword for a longer sequence of many more slashes. Omnislash Version 5 is performed according to the following steps:

1. The completed First Tsurugi is fully disassembled in an instant, the five swords ejected upwards from the main blade in a circle around the target (which may not be on a parallel plane with the ground), who is in the air above the performer.
2. The performer then flies (as an effect of the limit break, as Cloud does not fly or otherwise change directions in midair under his own power usually) upward, leaves the main blade directly above the target, and flies toward one of the swords around the circle.
3. Grabbing the sword with his right hand, he flies straight into, and through, the target on the way to the next sword, striking the target with the sword currently being held.
4. Once past, he releases his current sword, takes the next one, and repeats the fly-by process until all five swords have been used and released.
5. This done, he flies up to the main blade still directly above the target, grabs it, and performs the final strike by flying through the target again straight toward the ground, releasing the main blade as well. This leaves him on the ground, the five swords landing in succession in a circle around him a moment later, and the main sword falling from the sky directly on top of him a moment after that.

That´s so nice!!!

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Wow, Key-chain, that's so cool ^^^^
I kinda liked the sword fusions.

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
The funnies part in that movie.................
Spoiler Spoiler Show

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER!

it's Tifa and Loz fighting, and yeah when their fighting it's a remixed battle music well.every song in there...except the song in the second sequence of credits where you see cloud riding on the bike and also see aerith....anyway, yeeah that was funny where his phone rings and it's the victory music....i found that funny and a INGENIOUS IDEA!!

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
That was the funniest part but I also thought it was funny

SPOILER !! SPOILER !!

When Loz backed Rude into the corner and the sign falls on Rudes head, then Reno breaks his shades. Reno made it funny. Without him, the movie wouldnt be so entertaining.

END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER

I think one part of the song in the first sequence of credits is from Final Fantasy VIII when Selphy and Irvine are filming everyone at Garden.

T

tux_

anyway, do you understand the wolf thing
I thought the wolf symbolized Cloud's guilt.

oh and some people have been saying "the ribbon on the people's arms you see is in memory of aerith" BZZT WRONG!.....final fantasy games the item ribbon: protects you against status effects...it's to help them...in case someone uses status moves on them....AND they probably hope it will prevent Geostigma virus
Actually, the ribbons are in memory of Aerith. Seeing as how Cloud had a ribbon and *le gasp* he had Geostigma.
And if they prevented Geostigma, then why didn't everybody wear them?

dejah

:|
SSSSSPPPPPPPOILERSSSSSSS

one of my fav parts was when yuffie was screaming about sexual descriminiation . hha it cracked me up. and also the victory song after loz and tifa's fight.

also first bit when cloud locks reno out of the room after kicking his ass.
haha.

i cried too..
the last bit when aerith and zack made their cameos.
man that bit was so sad.

the "okairinasai" and "tadaima" bits.

SOB. gonna cry thinking about it.

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILERS

sigh....we know what the song is called we don't have to call it by it's proper name ALL the time oh and also

i didn't say they prevented geostigma...i said "they probably hope it will protect them" it's probably a tiny bit in memory for aerith

Gurren Brigade FTW!
Reno was the most funny part in the movie.
It was pretty funny when Bahamut SIN comes and Reno
hit Rudes nose with the elecstaff, and then he nearly does it again.

chad

Bronze Member
heh yeah Reno and Rude were really funny in the film...mostly causde of how many times Reno hurt or annoyed Rude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back