• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFVII: Advent Children [contains spoilers if asked for]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Bronze Member
basic plot:

at the end of FFVII we saw a glimpse into 500 years ago....and showing red thirteen's kids....we see that at the beginning of advent children, then, it goes to 498 years ago, two years after the meteor and sephiroth crisis...

[no spoilers yet]

in FFVII a 'reunion' was going on, where all the clones of sephiroth would gather, in one place, and gain cells from Jenova.

three clones Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo are seeking to renact reunion...

now that's the end of storyline, here in this topic we'll talk about Advent Children, and if anyone wants certain bits of advent children revealed to them, i shall....for i have advent children on DVD in japanese language with english subtitles..and have watched it ten times, so udnerstand everything.....i can memorise lines as well....now first i want to talk about graphics and such

REVIEW:

graphics: IT HAS THE BEST CG GRAPHICS I'VE EVER SEEN......EVER!!!

storyline: STORYLINE IS SUBERB

length of film: average length of film,

[WARNING FIRST SPOILER scene between kadaj revealing he is a clone to a mysterious guy]

kadaj: you've noticed it haven't you...mr.president [slowly walks up to the man in a wheel chair, with a white cloak over the left half of his body and shielding his face from view] [bows i nfront of him, the same way, sephiroth bowed to president of shinra]

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !! SPOILER !!

Good, I needed someone who knows the movie as good as you.
I want to know
What is that wolf that appears behind Cloud's sword at the begining,
and when Cloud and Tifa are asleep in the church, and
after Cloud's phone falls into the water, and at the end?

END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER !! END OF SPOILER !!

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER

the wolf best i can tell is a sign to do with him....the cloudy wolf...either it wasn't actually there...or it was there.....oh and technically it's not cloud's sword...he put it there in respect for zack.

cloud and tifa asleep in the church well

tifa: unconscious from injuries

cloud: the geostigma virus...it affects him the worse there

clou'ds phone in the water, well while the battery was draining it was playing messages cause he never actually answers his phone....the last message was Aerith speaking "i have never detested you even once...you came to visit me didn't you...that alone is enough" Aerith somehow transmitted that to his phone from the afterlife....she had never hated cloud for 'failing to stop sephiroth killing her' wherever cloud knew or not depends.

and the ending...depends what part you mean of the ending

end of spoiler

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
SPOILER !!SPOILER !!SPOILER !! SPOILER !!SPOILER !!SPOILER !!SPOILER !!

You're right, that is Zack's sword. It's on the hill where Zack was killed and Cloud claimed the sword.

What I meant to ask for is all those locations that I gave you in the movie is where the wolf appears. Look carefully, you'll see it in those scenes. The last is when it is white in the back.

chad

Bronze Member
so anything else you need to know...i'm more thna happy to oblige on ansering things....unless theirs something i missed in your previous two posts in this topic

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

Did Yazoo and Loz also become Sephiroth or was it just Kadaj, because we dont see them when Sephiroth is there. They only come after he disappears.

And what is "zuruzuru zuruzuru" ?

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER

ah...thought i'd see this.....

Kadaj literally fused his 'mother' Jenova, well the neck of her into him making him become sephiroth...then to escape sephiroth as you saw split from Kadaj giving him all the injuries

before that huge explosion, did you notice the amount of different colours in Yazoo and Loz's arms, that was loads upon loads of materia...and they was using it in once as you noticed they said "come back with us" they knew they was going to die so they wanted totake cloud with them, so they didn't become sephiroth...they are now dead

and zuruzuru zuru zuru means dragging....which is why reno says "she's asking you how lnog you're going to keep dragging it along" basically he kept on blaming himself for Aerith's death, dragging it along.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Wow, you do know this movie inside and out.
But if !!!SPOILER !!!!

Yazoo and Loz were about to die, then obviously they were injured as bad as Kadaj so they should have been linked with Sephy. But have you seen the 30 minute episode? I havent.

Thanks, maybe the movie will be better next time, if that's possible.

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER

well they was about to die due to my guess is injuries from the turks bomb, well more to be precise reno and rude's bombs....so they infused themselves with tons of materia and overloaded it....of course they didn't manage to take cloud down with them

and no i haven't seen the thirty minute episode yet...i soon will be though

END SPOILER

chad

Bronze Member
i've found a site with the clip of cloud vs sephiorht, it hasn't got subtitles but if anyone wants to see it, pm me...i'd tell you where to download it, but the adminds and mods classify it as an illegal download....even though bittorrent raws are very legal....

and now for another spoiler

SPOILER

on msn someone asked me about the black water scene...i felt i'll mention it here as well

Kadaj wants to brainwash them, for many reasons, the geostigma is part of their 'mother' jenova and part of sephiroth...and they get them to stand around the monument so they can see if Jenova's neck is hidden in it and so no one can get to them to stop them.

someone asked me though "how did he braiwnash them" simple...when he walked into the water in the city of ancients, it started to go black around him, me and my friend made the astute observation "he's defiling it with the blood of sephiroth" that explains it straight away.

someone also asked me "why do they refer to jenova as mother and cloud as brother"

jenova: since i knew the person's brain wouldn't cope i just explained the reunion, and all that

cloud: there was a time when he thought he was a clone of sephiroth, and so did everyone else, the sephiroth clones Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz don't know that he's not a clone...so they refer to him as brother

END SPOILER

Well i hope that explains it to anyone who doesn't know

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
So was Cloud never a clone?
Was he really with Tifa as kids? Did he make in soldier?
Or was it all Zack?
If he didnt then why did he think so? We do know that he wasnt created 5 years ago, right?

Wasnt the black water scene where cloud burried Aerith?

END OF SPOILER !!END OF SPOILER !!END OF SPOILER !!END OF SPOILER !!

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER

cloud was never a clone....i've just downloaded and watched last order....which if you haven't played ff7 [which i have] it helps explain as well

cloud was friends with tifa as a kid....he didn't become a soldier, but he was one of the people there...him and zack were good friends

and he thought so...because him and zack almost died after sephiroths "death" but hojo being the slimy B*****d he is saved them...they then escaped, and on the way to midgar, a sniepr rifle was aimed at cloud zack sees the helicopter and shotus out "take cover" he dives in front of cloud and says "cloud get out of here" then got shot and killed...

and i think the black water scene was just above where she was buried....cause the temple was behind them

END SPOILER

Hikari44

*SPOILER*

yeah you know I was wondering about that random wolf too. My brothers thought it was aeris' reincarnation or something, cause it kept showing up whenever they talked about her, but im still not sure and you seem to be the expert :)

And you know the part where reno and rude plant that HUGE bomb in the tunnel to stop the other two whtie-haired guys? NO ONE GOT HURT BY IT!!! cause my bros and i were thinking they sacrificed themselves to kill the other two, which is really sweet and awesome, but it turned out none of them died lol

*END OF SPOILER*

chad

Bronze Member
SPOILER

yeah i was kinda wondering HOW IN THE BLUE MONKEY HELL RENO AND RUDE SURVIVED!!! must've jumped at the last minute or something...

END SPOILER

Hikari44

yeah thats exactly what i said

anyway, do you understand the wolf thing? its really bugging me. maybe chad does

chad

Bronze Member
just helpful advice so you don't get banned, try not to double post, edit the post...otherwise, you might get banned cause of it.....anyway back on topic

on cloud's uniform [which he'll be wearing in kingdom hearts 2....damnit off topic again] there is a wolf's head, "the cloudy wolf" it's known as...as far as i can tell...the wolf is never actually there...it's a symbol of cloud...or something...hard to tell.....

oh and some people have been saying "the ribbon on the people's arms you see is in memory of aerith" BZZT WRONG!.....final fantasy games the item ribbon: protects you against status effects...it's to help them...in case someone uses status moves on them....AND they probably hope it will prevent Geostigma virus

Hikari44

sry bout the double post :/

yeah i thought the ribbon was to show that they had geostigma or something but then i remembered back to when i played ff VII and the accessory "ribbon" protects status affects so yeah...

all in all i thought advent children was FREKING AMAZING!!! It was sooooo much better than i thought it was gonna be. and i like how they referred back to the game and used the music from the game too. I'm so happy it was good and didnt ruin one of the best games of all time!!! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back