• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFV Advance Trouble

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkSlySora

Okay, I have the chicken knife, and I am in Forks Tower. I beat the Minotaur boss (without getting hit once). Then I go to the mage boss. I have a Spell blade job and I have the chicken knife on that character. I enter the battle (I don't have holy though which stinks, but not related to my problem) and the boss kept casting return, so i remember I ahd to have my spell knight use silence. Well I did that, and then EVERY time after that when I tried to attack I got the message, you can't escape. I have never heard of the knife causing you to randomly running away, which has happend before this tower. Its very annoying because this caused me to lose the battle. I read about his knife before, and never noticed this. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for any answers I may recieve

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Omniscient counters physical attacks with Return. You'll have to deal with his magic another way, and I'd advise you summon Carbuncle. Prior to the battle, you'll want to switch jobs to your best spellcaster, and equip some Reflect Rings if you don't want to summon. If you have no Reflect Rings... you could use a Flame Ring or Coral Ring. The added Firaga and Blizzaga spells can help.

Though I found that casting Berserk on Omniscient makes him utterly defenseless.

In regard to the Chicken Knife, sometimes the Spellblade techniques will draw out the attribute of the weapon. Such as, when your character attacks, it will activate the trigger that makes you escape every turn the character has. This is actually a glitch, being that a trigger that should not be activated, is.

LinkSlySora

Omniscient counters physical attacks with Return. You'll have to deal with his magic another way, and I'd advise you summon Carbuncle. Prior to the battle, you'll want to switch jobs to your best spellcaster, and equip some Reflect Rings if you don't want to summon. If you have no Reflect Rings... you could use a Flame Ring or Coral Ring. The added Firaga and Blizzaga spells can help.

Though I found that casting Berserk on Omniscient makes him utterly defenseless.

In regard to the Chicken Knife, sometimes the Spellblade techniques will draw out the attribute of the weapon. Such as, when your character attacks, it will activate the trigger that makes you escape every turn the character has. This is actually a glitch, being that a trigger that should not be activated, is.

Ah I see thank you very very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back