• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ffix game and tech help!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fire

Hey guys, i'm having trouble with the lifa tree boss, and with FMV's. i can't beat the boss, and i have TWICE by flook, but then the game frooze during a FMV straight after it. so can anyone help with both or one question please, more so the CD problem.

S

Shadow Soldier

I cant remember much of the game, so I cant answer anything about the boss. But for the problems of FMV's, try opening and closing the disc tray, I know that worked on FFVIII. Or you can check the discs to make sure they are good, because the smallest scratch could screw it up. Or clean your laser lens.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hey guys, i'm having trouble with the lifa tree boss, and with FMV's. i can't beat the boss, and i have TWICE by flook, but then the game frooze during a FMV straight after it. so can anyone help with both or one question please, more so the CD problem.

The Iifa Tree boss is one of those 'special' FF bosses. Meaning, that you'll get your ass pounded into the ground courtesy of the story, or there's an easy way to kill it. And luckily, if you're feeling like cheap, throw a Phoenix Down on it to one-hit kill it. If you want somewhat of a fair fight, have Dagger and Eiko pound away with Cure-type spells ( Life will one-hit kill Iifa too. ). HOWEVER, every FFIX boss has goodies to steal, so before you send it packing, have Zidane steal til it has nothing left.

As for the FMV's you might want to invest in a CD scratch remover. ( Go look around the videogame aisle at Wal-Mart or ask for one at GameStop/Eb. ) If you're really impatient, and would rather skip the FMV, open the PS1 cover and close it again. The FMV will automatically skip. ( Rather smart of Square to implement. )

Last edited by a moderator:

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
I can't answer for your FMV's all I can say it buy another game, your disc maybe too scratched.

As for the boss here.

-----------------------------------------
Name: Soulcage
HP: 9765
MP: 862
Level: 26

Weakness: Undead Killer, Fire, Holy
Items using Steal: Oak Staff, Magician's Cloak, Brigandine
Items dropped: Phoenix Pinion, Elixer

Exp: 0
AP: 9
Gil: 3800
Card: Antlion

Although this monster is vulnerable to Fire-related attacks, don't be tempted to have Vivi cast such spells: they turn the Soulcage's Leaf Swirl attacks into lethal Fire Blades. When in need, you can undo this by casting Ice-related magic or attack.
Actually, you'll find it very easy to defeat the Soulcage. Simply cast Life or use an Elixir on the monster to disable it instantly.
After the battle your party is automatically returned to the Outer Seal of the Iifa Tree. The Mist has dissipated, but just what does that mean? Now travel backt o Madain Sari.
---------------------------------------

There so overall cast and use Healing related magic and items, try using a Phoenix Down aswell and get Garnet or Eiko to cast Life. And get someone to use Potions, Hi-potions, Elixirs etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back