• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFIV Should Be Remade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall18

Who else thinks that FFIV should be remade?
I think it had a good story and great characters, Edge and Kain were my favourites.
I think it should use the battle engine from FFX so you can switch party members in battle, I thought that was a cool feature.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Eventually, SE will run out of ideas and remake all FFs. Probably.

I agree though, IV is very good, better than a few other FFs (Especially V, that one sucked). Great story too, not nearly as complex as VII or VIII. Good setting too, similar to IX.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
FFIV is the best Final Fantasy that I've played (only one I haven't played is Tactics) by a long shot. Unfortunately, it was just ported to GBA, so it will be a long time, if ever, before it's remade.

On the topic of remkaes in general, I don't care for them. I mean, the only thing that's changed is the graphics, yet a company has to spend time and money remaking it. Time and money that could be better spent on new games. And as long as systems are backwards compatible, there isn't really a need.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
^Port. Not remake.

But they updated the graphics... a tiny tiny tiny bit... that's all... xP

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
My friend has the GBA port. He's addicted to it, when I come over to his house sometimes he just goes in his basement and plays it :p

I'm gonna borrow it from him when he's done, because I loved "Dawn of Souls" and the upcoming FF3 for the DS sounds like a ton of fun. Hell, maybe I'll go through the entire series.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
^Serious?! He plays games on his GBA when YOU come over? WHeres the fun in that. xD

I bet you will get to play all of them, they are all very cool. Dont expect it to be better or worse than the later FF titles, the older ones are on a whole different level.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thats because Pre FF7 RPGs in General were COMPLETELY different from Post FF7. ._.,

S

Shadow Soldier

I honestly dont think they should make remakes. I mean FF7 compilation is a big risk. Eventually people are gonna get bored of all the games. I think it would just be a mistake on S-E's part

New2Ya

I'm lost...
monkeybutt said:
Thats because Pre FF7 RPGs in General were COMPLETELY different from Post FF7. ._.,
Exactly.

People shouldnt compare them with each other.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a revolutionary idea, but posting it would make me a hypocrite, so I'll keep shtum.
I think the only things they should change if they do remake FFIV are the graphics, maybe add a few more spells and the odd sidequest. The rest is all ready.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
New2Ya said:
^Serious?! He plays games on his GBA when YOU come over? WHeres the fun in that. xD

I bet you will get to play all of them, they are all very cool. Dont expect it to be better or worse than the later FF titles, the older ones are on a whole different level.

Well, yeah, but only for like ten minutes. Now me and him swapped games, and I'm playing Final Fantasy IV for a bit and he's getting me the ultima weapon in FF1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back