• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7 Plot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vercinnus

Awards
I've always been very confused about the FF7 plot and the clone thing. I thought that the Sephiroth clones weren't really clones but the people that survived the Nibelheim incident and went under the same process as Sephiroth did and went under Hojo's experimenting, but they just called them clones. But that doesn't make sense because the Sephiroth that killed Aeris was a Sephiroth clone and he looked exactly like Sephiroth. Was the guy that burned down Nibelheim a Sephiroth clone? Didn't Cloud kill that Sephiroth clone. But if Cloud is a Sephiroth clone then why does he look nothing like Sephiroth, wasn't Zack a Sephiroth clone? They were both being expeirimented on by Hojo. Why do the people in Nibelheim say it was never burned down. I probably interpruted it all wrong. I'm so confused.

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
wow. I almost had an expllination for you, bu you completley lost me, ok...

'Clones' were Hojo's experiment.
He wanted to replicate him or something, they wanted jenova's dna? (not reliable info)

Uh. the people were bribed at [Insert name of CLoud's hometown here] to keep quiet about the burning down of the place for I forgot what reason...

Sorry, I really wanted to help...

Uhh, I thought that Cloud was genetically made using Jenova cells and Zack's memory, and that Zack was shot down by Sodlier.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Wrong, Cloud is a real person not someone made up. He was just injected with Jenova's cells along with Hojo's experiments (Spoiler: he was the only successful one) and infused with Mako as a member of Soilder.The Sephiroth that killed Aeris was not a clone, but Sephiroth himself(or should I say his ghost?). Cloud did kill Sephiroth, but Sephiroth's spirit continued to do business. Zack is a real person too.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Lol your not the only whom doesn't understand the VII plot. To be honest, you 2 haven't helped me on my way to understanding..

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Alright then, I'll break it down.

7 years ago: Cloud is fourteen and leaves for Soilder
5 years ago: along with Sephiroth and Zack, Cloud comes alone to investigate the Mt. A man takes a pic of Tifa, Sephiroth, and Zack. Cloud didn't get into the pic because he didn't want Tifa to know he failed at becoming first class Soiler. Sephiroth finds out about Pro. Hojo's experiment when they infuse humans with mako. Sephiroth goes mad, burns the whole town down, killed Tifa's father, injuries Tifa, takes off Jenova's head, critically injures Zack, and then Cloud kills him by throwing him off the edge into the mist.
Present: Before Cloud joins Avalanche, him and the surviving Zack were captured and experimented on by Hojo, he injected them both with Jenova cells. Zack and Cloud escape and Zack gets killed on the way to Midgar. Zack had let Cloud borrow his clothes and Cloud took his sword after he died. The Jenova cells and mako help Cloud make up an illusion that he thinks himself as First class soilder and taking place of Zack.

Now, tell me what you don't get?

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
That's just clearing up some of the confusion. There's more to it than that. Oh yeah, just in case someone states I'm lying, here's where and how you can find out all this information.

1.Cloud is real and killed Sephiroth, you find this out when you go back to Mildeem in disc 2 after you attemp to get materia from Coral and Condor Fort. Tifa goes into Cloud's mind and clears everything up. You will go through this scene because it's not optional in the game.

2.What happened to Zack, the black hair guy who traveled with Cloud five years ago. You find this out after the events of 1. Go back to the Shinra mansion and down into the basement where you found Sephiroth in disc one. A scene should occur, showing what happened to Zack, and how Cloud got those weird clothes and huge sword. (while they were in the lab, they were both injected with Jenova cells, Hojo making them part of the Jenova reunion)

Vercinnus

Awards
Just because the storyline is confusing doesn't mean it's bad. There are so many damn FF7 haters on this forum.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
But there are even more FFVII fanboys/girls.

The plot was confusing, and I understind, kinda. I think RPGplaya summed it all up. The only mistake was when she said that Cloud was the only successful one, he wasn't. Hojo says to Cloud, late in the game, that Cloud was a failed experiment. I'm not sure where though, so I could be mistaken.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Vercinnus said:
Just because the storyline is confusing doesn't mean it's bad. There are so many damn FF7 haters on this forum.

I didn't say I hated the game, I rather like it. I just think the plot is lame..

New2Ya

I'm lost...
VersionX said:
I didn't say I hated the game, I rather like it. I just think the plot is lame..
Same here.

Look, I like FFVIII better, but I'm one of the few. You never realized that in every forum FF7-lovers flame a FF8 poster? A poster, not a fan, but a poster! Excuse me, but thats really lame...

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Banishing Blade said:

The plot was confusing, and I understind, kinda. I think RPGplaya summed it all up. The only mistake was when she said that Cloud was the only successful one, he wasn't. Hojo says to Cloud, late in the game, that Cloud was a failed experiment. I'm not sure where though, so I could be mistaken.

Hojo only called Cloud that because he didn't follow Sephiroth around like the others did. What I meant by he was the only successful one was he was the only one that made it to the Jenova Reunion. My proof is in disc two, before Cloud gives Sephiroth the black materia, Hojo becomes mad because only the failure made it.

Didn't mean to double post, would someone please erase this one? Thank you.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Banishing Blade said:

Hojo only called Cloud that because he didn't follow Sephiroth around like the others did. What I meant by he was the only successful one was he was the only one that made it to the Jenova Reunion. My proof is in disc two, before Cloud gives Sephiroth the black materia, Hojo becomes mad because only the failure made it. . . . Alright, I admit I kinda made a mistake.:eek:

Vercinnus

Awards
Banishing Blade said:

I meant just this forum. I'm sorry that I'm a Noob. It's just on the few threads that I've looked at on the old forum have people saying bad things about the game. Again, sorry I'm a Noob.

New2Ya said:
Look, I like FFVIII better, but I'm one of the few. You never realized that in every forum FF7-lovers flame a FF8 poster? A poster, not a fan, but a poster! Excuse me, but thats really lame...

I've never seen anyone flame a FF8 poster. I hope you are not assuming that people who like FF7 dislike FF8.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I found FFVII's plot a lot more confusing than VIII's. I dunno why though. It was simple, yet complicated.

Hojo only called Cloud that because he didn't follow Sephiroth around like the others did. What I meant by he was the only successful one was he was the only one that made it to the Jenova Reunion. My proof is in disc two, before Cloud gives Sephiroth the black materia, Hojo becomes mad because only the failure made it

He did follow Sephiroth around. It's true that at first he thought that he was hunting him down, but he was following him because he was meant to get to the Jenova Reunion. I think Cloud realizes this after the Anciet Temple, (where Cait Sith gets crushed in the temple or whatever....). He gives Sephiroth the black materia because he goes in the trance and then he comes out and realizes it. Or it could have been at the end of the second disk I think, when the weapon is first activated. Cloud is floating/sitting in the tree above everyone or something. It's been a while since I played.

My point is: he is, but at the same time isn't, a failure. It all depends on how you choose to look at it. And I thought that some of the experiments did make it to the reunion, I remember one part where all these guys in black cloaks are trying to go on this path (I think it was in the Northern Crater) to get to where Sephy was for the reunion....

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Ooh, that actually helped a bit.. with the going to the reunion when he thought he was hunting down.. Thanks BB.

Although, I agree, VII's plot is undeniably more complicated than VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back