• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FEEDBACK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kago

I could use your feedback. but don't bother telling me stuff about the characters cause i like them the way they are, and i'm pretty pleased with the clouds. What i want to hear about is the water, trees, grass and sand and all that stuff. i also want to know if i should put outlines around the background parts like the characters, or if i should leave just leave it with them. Also, ignore the sides of the picture, i'll fix that later.

EDIT:
honey2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:

Blight

it's a fantastic drawing, especially since I have a hard time drawing non-humans.
It is kinda obvious that the background was kinda thrown in and her left leg should be a bit closer to her center ( just a bit). Other than that it's great.

shadow might be off but I'm no expert in that field.

kago

it's a fantastic drawing, especially since I have a hard time drawing non-humans.
It is kinda obvious that the background was kinda thrown in and her left leg should be a bit closer to her center ( just a bit). Other than that it's great.

shadow might be off but I'm no expert in that field.

Yeah it was, i hate doing backgrounds :cursing: I noticed the leg too, but since it's just a little off, i'm going to leave it. And the shadow, no matter where i put it, it seems off to me. Can anyone help me out with shadow?

Can you think of anything to help me with the background, or should i just let it be?

Blight

I personally hate fixing finished drawings so I think you should leave it be but, the fact that you made the back ground soft and the shadow hard throws off the picture. And I think the background should be hard where she's closer and softer as it goes to the horizon line.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I personally hate fixing finished drawings so I think you should leave it be but, the fact that you made the back ground soft and the shadow hard throws off the picture. And I think the background should be hard where she's closer and softer as it goes to the horizon line.

Definitely. The shadow should have softer edges and be lighter since the person is farther from the ground. When you hold a flashlight up to the wall and put your hand between the light and the wall, there's a shadow. The closer your hand is to the wall the smaller the shadow is but it's also more crisp. As it gets closer to the light the shadow is bigger but lighter and you may not be able to tell the shape of your hand. In this case, try not to make it so black and recognizable. Obviously it has to look like the person, but not so defined.
Also, try moving it more out of the picture; down, that is. The girl's shadow is barely even on the picture, so try to follow that. Make it so that it does still line up, but closer to the bottom edge perhaps.

Other than that, the background (and the characters) look very good. I think the biggest thing would be the contrast between the cartoons and then the realism of the background. Try continuing that realism contrast by adding some grains in the sand closer to the characters, at least to add some foreground definition beyond just the shadow.

kago

Definitely. The shadow should have softer edges and be lighter since the person is farther from the ground. When you hold a flashlight up to the wall and put your hand between the light and the wall, there's a shadow. The closer your hand is to the wall the smaller the shadow is but it's also more crisp. As it gets closer to the light the shadow is bigger but lighter and you may not be able to tell the shape of your hand. In this case, try not to make it so black and recognizable. Obviously it has to look like the person, but not so defined.
Also, try moving it more out of the picture; down, that is. The girl's shadow is barely even on the picture, so try to follow that. Make it so that it does still line up, but closer to the bottom edge perhaps.

Other than that, the background (and the characters) look very good. I think the biggest thing would be the contrast between the cartoons and then the realism of the background. Try continuing that realism contrast by adding some grains in the sand closer to the characters, at least to add some foreground definition beyond just the shadow.

Thank you very much! i'm gonna do that and see how it comes out.
I fixed it, here's the link , it's also on the first post as well. I added foot prints too, but i'm not liking them. you think you can help with them as well? if not i will probably take them off.
honey2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
You did a really impressive work on the characters, caught the Sonic-y style perfectly.

About the background, did you really draw that yourself? Cause it looks kind of copied and pasted from an artwork of Emerald Coast. o_O

kago

i did it by myself, but it is a part of the stage. i saw that part of the stage and thought it would be perfect for the characters, plus the sand looks way different then it does in the game. I can do sonic characters by memory but yet to do backgrounds by memory. I suck at backgrounds, i'm getting better though, you can see it in the clouds :)

I don't think it looks copied and pasted though, cause it doesn't look 3D, or is it just me?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
i did it by myself, but it is a part of the stage. i saw that part of the stage and thought it would be perfect for the characters, plus the sand looks way different then it does in the game. I can do sonic characters by memory but yet to do backgrounds by memory. I suck at backgrounds, i'm getting better though, you can see it in the clouds :)

I don't think it looks copied and pasted though, cause it doesn't look 3D, or is it just me?

Oh, okay, I was just wondering because it looked so damn familiar. ^^

Blue

home is where the heart is
It's really good,I especially like the background. :]

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I think the background should either be sharpened or blurred.

Right now it's in the middle, and looks weird.

But nice work on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back