• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts 3 development progress, Switch and Xbox

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violaceus

So does it mean that the disney worlds will have minigames,secrets and that stuff?

What? I mean, yeah, probably but... what does that have to do with anything? I think you're missing the point lol

Pou92

Nomura:For the already existing Disney worlds, we are preparing locations that will be completely different from before. Also, for already existing original worlds, like Yen Sid's tower, even in locations already explored, upon exiting the tower and looking outside you'll find yourself thinking "Wow, did the night sky with all the glistening stars always look that pretty?". You'll be surprised with these sorts of discoveries. Especially in Twilight Town.

Does this mean we'll get more returning Disney Worlds aside Hercules?

(im annoying today)

Last edited:
Awards
I was thinking that while writing. As a kid I loved gliding from the top of the Twilight Town hill down to the area that lead to the Market area. Now we can glide from the Station, down through the hill, to the Market area in one go and I just <3
Maybe we can finally go on top of the clock tower!

ghostwarmen

Awards
Nomura:For the already existing Disney worlds, we are preparing locations that will be completely different from before. Also, for already existing original worlds, like Yen Sid's tower, even in locations already explored, upon exiting the tower and looking outside you'll find yourself thinking "Wow, did the night sky with all the glistening stars always look that pretty?". You'll be surprised with these sorts of discoveries. Especially in Twilight Town.

Does this mean we'll get more returning Disney Worlds aside Hercules?
This honestly worried me a bit. If we do, I hope it won't be more than 1 more. I want new worlds, don't personally want to go back to worlds we've been to unless the area will be completely different (example Lilo & Stitch from Space to Hawaii).

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Considering that KH3 is the final installment for the Xehanort Saga and 1 & 2 had Agrabah, I'm guessing Agrabah will be making a return as one of the original worlds since Aladdin 3 is the final film in that franchise as well. Tbh, I hope it does come back because I'd like to have a sendoff for Aladdin in KH3. The areas would be able to be done much better as well, even the town, considering Genie "redesigned" at the end of KH2.

We still also have the possibility of PotC, Lion King, Cinderella, and Neverland returning due to sequels. Hell, considering how much money Nightmare Before Christmas makes to this day, we may even see that return as well because it's a huge money maker.

I definitely don't think Olympus will be our one returning world. I'm sure we're going to have at least 2 more.

Nice to see a confirmation that Jessie and Bullseye are in the game.

This was my main concern with the world tbh, so I'm glad to see the others will be joining us, as well.

robotman

Hm... Since he already said that the game is going to have less Disney worlds, I would a little disappointed if we get too many old Disney worlds coming back. His comments do make it sound like they'll be a few returning, probably 3, I wonder what ones they will be, we already know of one (Hercules).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We still also have the possibility of PotC, Lion King, Cinderella, and Neverland returning due to sequels. Hell, considering how much money Nightmare Before Christmas makes to this day, we may even see that return as well because it's a huge money maker. I definitely don't think Olympus will be our one returning world. I'm sure we're going to have at least 2 more.

Nomura confirmed with a Korean outlet that Pride Lands is not returning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...a_post_e3_2015_interview_with_tetsuya_nomura/

Ruliweb: "Nomura, what is your personal favorite world?"

Nomura: "My personal favorite world is the Lion King world. Sadly, we have already used too much content from Lion King and therefore could not put it in for Kingdom Hearts 3. While developing this game, in order to avoid overlapping with previous worlds, we have prioritized creating new worlds to use".

It can be argued that The Lion King II could have been used, but let's be honest, after the existence of The Lion Guard, I think they're going to try and retcon that sequel. Treasure Planet may overtake the return of Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean as it's the most demanded pirate themed world. I too feel that The Nightmare Before Christmas will return, party because they'd want to show off the Kingdom Shader's attempt at producing stop-motion visuals.

Pou92

Didn't he say that Hercules is the only returning one?

I think Treasure Planet is a bit unlikely, trough

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I've been rereading that part and it just sounds like to me the interviewer asked it is a previous world we've been too that had SDG change outfits and Nomura just can't tell the interview where in KH3.(I mean obviously)

When he talks about already existing worlds it sounds like he's only talking about original worlds as he separates the two when he's talking about them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Didn't he say that Hercules is the only returning one?

I think Treasure Planet is a bit unlikely, trough

You sure are pulling a lot of assumptions out of thin air.

There was data files for the Captain's ship from Treasure Planet in Kingdom Hearts 3D. If anything, that increases the likeliness of the world's inclusion because there were assets already implemented.

Violaceus

How in the WORLD can Nomura's favorite world be Lion King?

Oh well, to each their own i guess.

Pou92

You sure are pulling a lot of assumptions out of thin air.

There was data files for the Captain's ship from Treasure Planet in Kingdom Hearts 3D. If anything, that increases the likeliness of the world's inclusion because there were assets already implemented.

i don't want to get my hopes up trough, disney hasn't used the movie in years, even if it was in KH3D i don't thnk it's likely ;(

How in the WORLD can Nomura's favorite world be Lion King?

Oh well, to each their own i guess.

Mine was Atlantica in KH1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back