• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Excessive Masturbation=Harmful

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Since everyone else is failing miserably at actually quoting from the Bible itself, I'll do it myself once again.

Matthew 5:27-28 - YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ But I say to YOU that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Did he say that sexual desire was wrong? No. You can't populate the earth without sexual desire towards your spouse, hence it'd already be a contradictory if getting turned on was sinful. Instead, Jesus is just saying that regarding adultery, when you keep looking at another woman while lusting for her, you've already sinned.

Raito said:
The Bible does not say masturbation is wrong. Trust me, I'd know.

Secondly, I'll try to explain why many Christians feel masturbation is wrong. I figured that you of all people would know, Raito. True, the Bible doesn't directly state that 'fapping iz bad lol'. But you can conclude that masturbation is wrong from a Christian point of view if you've read the Bible.

First of all, several passages in the Bible state that sexual activities should be kept within marriage. I don't think there is a need to quote those. Secondly;

1 Thes 4:4 - For this is what God wills, the sanctifying of YOU, that YOU abstain from fornication; that each one of YOU should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor

When you give into your body's sexual appetites, you're not exactly in possession of your own 'vessel'. Vessel = body.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You may get cancer anyway. We all may get cancer.

Yes, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather prevented.

It's the reason why we put on sunblock. Except prostrate cancer can't be cured with radiation, and it strikes a bit closer to home.

1 Thes 4:4 - For this is what God wills, the sanctifying of YOU, that YOU abstain from fornication; that each one of YOU should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor

When you give into your body's sexual appetites, you're not exactly in possession of your own 'vessel'. Vessel = body.

Sounds to me that this is merely to prevent excessiveness. After all, I can refrain from masturbating for an indefinite amount of time (the verse is telling us we "should know how to, not to stop it altogether"), but I choose not to.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Yes, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather prevented.

It's the reason why we put on sunblock. Except prostrate cancer can't be cured with radiation, and it strikes a bit closer to home.

Sounds to me that this is merely to prevent excessiveness. After all, I can refrain from masturbating for an indefinite amount of time (the verse is telling us we "should know how to, not to stop it altogether"), but I choose not to.

No, the verse is telling us that we should know how to get possession of it, and as a result learn to not give in to it every time you feel like masturbating.

wikipedia said:
On July 16, 2003, an Australian research team led by Graham Giles of The Cancer Council published a medical study [4] which concluded that frequent masturbation by males may help prevent the development of prostate cancer. The study also indicated that this would be more helpful than ejaculation through sexual intercourse because intercourse can transmit diseases that may increase the risk of cancer instead.

You don't prevent prostate cancer altogether by masturbating. Here it says that it may prevent it, sure, just as not going outside to prevent contact with smokers may prevent cancer. I'm now assuming that wikipedia has most neutral knowledge on this subject, and this is the only thing I could find. It doesn't say that men who don't masturbate are more likely to get cancer than those who don't. No, it just says that it may help prevent it, just as so many other ways that may possibly help prevent cancer.

I am still not convinced of the actual medical necessity of masturbating. It still sounds to me like an excuse to fap all day.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No, the verse is telling us that we should know how to get possession of it, and as a result learn to not give in to it every time you feel like masturbating.

that each one of YOU should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor

Forgive me, Wiely, but I'm going to apply normal english grammatical rules here. It says here we should know how to. I don't want to have to explain what "should" and "*knowing*" means.

You don't prevent prostate cancer altogether by masturbating. Here it says that it may prevent it, sure, just as not going outside to prevent contact with smokers may prevent cancer. I'm now assuming that wikipedia has most neutral knowledge on this subject, and this is the only thing I could find. It doesn't say that men who don't masturbate are more likely to get cancer than those who don't. No, it just says that it may help prevent it, just as so many other ways that may possibly help prevent cancer.

I am still not convinced of the actual medical necessity of masturbating. It still sounds to me like an excuse to fap all day.

Just like sunblock won't save you from skin cancer altogether.

I'm confused as why, even if there's a 1% to prevent losing your prostrate, should you refuse to. That 1% is good, and turning your head at it is quite foolish.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Oh, forgive me, I'll quote the following passages this time.

For this is what God wills, the sanctifying of YOU, that YOU abstain from fornication; that each one of YOU should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in covetous sexual appetite such as also those nations have which do not know God; that no one go to the point of harming and encroach upon the rights of his brother in this matter, because Jehovah is one who exacts punishment for all these things, just as we told YOU beforehand and also gave YOU a thorough witness.

I'll quote myself once again to show the link between the part in italics, and what I've said before:

When you give into your body's sexual appetites, you're not exactly in possession of your own 'vessel'.

Phoenix said:
Just like sunblock won't save you from skin cancer altogether.

I'm confused as why, even if there's a 1% to prevent losing your prostrate, should you refuse to. That 1% is good, and turning your head at it is quite foolish.

And that's exactly what I want to see, some statistics. "If you masturbate 2 times a day, the risk of getting prostate cancer will be 1% less." However I haven't seen any stats like these. Just that masturbating may help. Just like wearing a mask and an air purifyer all day may help. I have to see some more proof if I am to take this more seriously.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
For this is what God wills, the sanctifying of YOU, that YOU abstain from fornication; that each one of YOU should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in covetous sexual appetite such as also those nations have which do not know God; that no one go to the point of harming and encroach upon the rights of his brother in this matter, because Jehovah is one who exacts punishment for all these things, just as we told YOU beforehand and also gave YOU a thorough witness.

And... you intended to prove what? What does the phrase "should know" mean? You're translating it as must, he is saying should know. He should, as in, it'd be good if he did it, and know, as in have the ability and knowledge to stop, not actually *stopping*.

I should know how to drive. Does that mean I have to touch a car in my life? No, that verse only asks for the knowledge, not the action.

I'll quote myself once again to show the link between the part in italics, and what I've said before:

That's all well and good, but this interpretation of yours writes "must" into the verse.

And that's exactly what I want to see, some statistics. "If you masturbate 2 times a day, the risk of getting prostate cancer will be 1% less." However I haven't seen any stats like these. Just that masturbating may help. Just like wearing a mask and an air purifyer all day may help. I have to see some more proof if I am to take this more seriously.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. I still don't see the problem. It *does* help psychologically, as your article on masturbation in wiki says. It *may* help to prevent prostrate cancer, but the way I see it is 50-50. One 50 saves your prostrate, the other 50 doesn't change a lick in your anatomy. Or, not masturbating, which is a 100 choice, doesn't change a lick in your anatomy. Logic would say masturbating is better.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
hmm whats this phoneix, you arguing for something that isn't definate? the irony, since there is no proof of this being a definate (could just be coincidance)

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Secondly, I'll try to explain why many Christians feel masturbation is wrong. I figured that you of all people would know, Raito. True, the Bible doesn't directly state that 'fapping iz bad lol'. But you can conclude that masturbation is wrong from a Christian point of view if you've read the Bible.

I do know that. People all around me think it's evil, including my pastor. I've read the Bible, and see how that could be concluded. I, however, get the impression that most verses refer to intercourse rather than masturbation.

I personally also see it as a way to control your own sex drive, especially in the teenage years. Rather than obsessing over every man/woman you see, you can get rid of that tension in a safe manner. After all, sex within marriage is there for our protection, to prevent unwanted pregnancies and trasmission of diseases. Masturbation, however, has yet to be proven harmful (in a regulated amount).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back