• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eternal Sonata: Great-Looking RPG Coming to PS3 & 360

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
allegretto3b.jpg

"On October 17, 1949, Frederic Chopin, one of the most influential composers for the piano, succumbed to sickness and died at the young age of 39. Three hours prior to that, in the world according to this RPG, Chopin saw a dream of a fairy-tale land populated by people with incurable diseases but also magical powers.
Eternal Sonata takes place in this dream world. Chopin comes into contact with Polka, a young girl who resides with her mother in the village of Tenuto. Polka is near her death, and Chopin, Polka, and her young friend Allegretto as they look for some way to make use of Polka's great powers to help save her. It's a whimsical fantasy, but this RPG designed by developer tri-Crescendo also a complex and combo-based battle system of swords and magic weaponry. In keeping with inspiration, music and story play a big part in Eternal Sonata. Performing the piano numbers that Chopin left to the world is Russian pianist Stanislav Bunin, with musical composition by noted game composer Motoi Sakuraba.
" - IGN

viola2b.jpg

Personally, I'm totally psyched for this game. It'll probably be the first good JRPG to come out for the next-gen consoles. The take on classical music is out-of-this-world; like nothing I've seen before. The anime/cel-shaded style is beautiful and masterfully worked. Origanally slated as a 360 exclusive, ES was recently "confirmed" for PS3 through the ESRB. If you guys want me to post up some more pics/vid links just let me know! ^^​

Eternal Sonata Video/Trailer Links:
- IGN
- GameSpot
- 1UP

NeoTwilight

wow...
looks a little korny, but still a good buy... i may get.
you don't see many music-related games... that are rpgs...

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
No shocker form the start they rumors that is was a time exclusive.

Anyway.. So far these are still rumors.. And how come no one really replied to my topic? and the Sony fanboys that did said it looked crap and they wouldnt get even if came to the 360.

Funny how thats changed..

Eternal Sonata is a Beautiful game. IMO

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
^^ corny can be a good thing.. then again, I am a massive JRPG fan.

No shocker rumors start that it was a time exclusive.

anyway.. So far these are still rumors.. And how come no one really replied to my topic and the Sony fanboys that did said it looked crap and they wouldnt get even if came to the 360.

Funny how thats changed..

Eternal Sonata is a Beautiful game. IMO
Yeah.. why can't anyone like a game for the game, and not what console it's on? I just recently found out about ES and immediately fell in love. I plan on picking up a 360 Elite soon after it releases so either way, I'll nab this game.

Attack! Attack!

Darkest Hour
I may have to rent, looks good, but too many other good games will be out by the time it's out. Thats the problem, too many good games releasing at once. O_O""

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I think this is going to be a really sad game. I mean, I think it has potential to be the most depressing RPG ever made.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
;____;
I think it's a FANTASTIC idea, though a little heartbreaking. v.v It'll be great to see a whole bunch of people who are sickly, and frail be able to do something incredible like changing, or saving the world ^.^ I'll definitely be looking more into this, because it's already a definite buy for me! @.@ ...>__> I hope there won't be many death's though... 0.0

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^I think there's going to be a lot of death in this game.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
^ xDD Yeah, well it is to be expected... @.@ I just hope that awesome party members won't end up dying... >__> Like ONE game that was released on Halloween... TT_TT

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
It looks like it will be a good game, I want to play, but I dont have a PS3 or 360.

So far it's rumor.. The rumors has be going while for long time. I think it's timed but it may not even make too the PS3.

Unless I here form Namco. I'm not going to trust it, ESRB has been wrong before and __ed up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back