• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► E-Readers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I always get my books overdue at the library and I like owning them as well so I'm turning to these as a possible solution. If anyone owns any such devices or even reads on their tablet device, feel free to chirp an opinion.

And if you want to recommend me one, then that'd be nice. Pandigital is laggy, Kindle seems aesthetically unpleasing (I know books are in black and white text but eww, plus graphic novels). I'm leaning towards the Nook Color but it seems pricey.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Just don't get an iPad for that reason. It's brightness is shitty for lengthy reading.

Oh wait you're smart enough to avoid that chunk of metal and plastic.
inb4 siren

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I don't have an e-reader, and I like to read my words on paper, but seeing someone whip out their e-reader on the tube and tuck it away so neatly after they finished made me really, really want to get one.

It's sure going to be a lot lighter than carrying an entire library with you all the time. Eventually, I think, e-readers will be to the book industry as the iPod and other MP3 players are for the music industry. Sure, you'll have a few paperophiles who condemn anyone who reads through a digital medium, but it'll be the mainstream thing to do.

Sorry, I don't have anything else to contribute. I just want to be a part of this thread to get some recommendations, too.

D

Deleted member 36435

Most Barnes and Noble have Kindles on display for you to dick around with. I spent a solid 30 minutes with one and they are pretty dandy. However, I still feel like a book is the best.

It's sure going to be a lot lighter than carrying an entire library with you all the time. Eventually, I think, e-readers will be to the book industry as the iPod and other MP3 players are for the music industry. Sure, you'll have a few paperophiles who condemn anyone who reads through a digital medium, but it'll be the mainstream thing to do.
While this is true, most people can't even use digital readers because they fuck with their eyes.

Revolution

I'm thinking of a Nook Color. I like how I'll be able to have my magazines on there and such as well, and in full color.

Plus, Seeing as how I have a B&N subscription and go to the stores as often as possible, it'd be nice to have it.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
The nook is perfect, though personally, I always have my laptop in the car, and with an 8 hour battery, I know I don't really need an e-reader. XD

Light

faster than
Awards
The best thing about the Kindle and Elonex though is that the battery lasts for ages. I've only had to charge mine when I first got it and it's been 4 months. Most of the others have about four hours battery. So I guess it depends on what your going to do with it.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Just don't get an iPad for that reason. It's brightness is shitty for lengthy reading.

Oh wait you're smart enough to avoid that chunk of metal and plastic.
inb4 siren

Shut up.

If you didn't have a problem with the Kindle I'd definitely recommend it, but barring that there aren't too many viable options. I'd say splurge on the Nook Color because with a little bit of hacking it quickly becomes one of the best Android tablets on the market, meaning that you could use it for things besides Facebook, browsing, and reading.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Well I use the Kindle actively, either for the internet or just plan old reading or Kindle games and I recommend it. The thing is pretty durable and it has a supposedly huge collection of free books(though I haven`t found a huge amount myself :/) But whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back