• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DS pirating

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
feels weird addressing this. not sure why, though.

Ok, so we all know about R4 and being able to download games. My questions are these:

Is it legal? Can I get into some deep shit for it? Do I have to modify my system for it?

"You gotta kill one, marry one, f*** one. GO!"

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Uh anything "pirating" I would assume would be illegal.

And I also assume of course you would have to modify your system.

As for trouble, I would think you would probably only get in trouble if you were selling pirated games, I mean you could get in trouble for doing it for yourself of course, but what are the chances you'll get caught for it if it's locked up in your room.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And I also assume of course you would have to modify your system.

Not really. All you need is a flashcart and a USB drive, the only thing that's modified is the content inside the flashcart (which is empty to begin with) you don't make any changes to your DS itself whatsoever.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
yeah you just alter whats on the card. nothing changes on the ds except it can run custom code now while the card is in

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, there doesn't need to be any change made to your DS in order to make use of a NDS Flashcart.

If you could get into really deep shit for it, then Nintendo and a lot of other companies would have already worked extremely hard, and likely with success, to put down a tonne of the companies that produce the NDS Flashcarts.

Apollo

Silver Member
You'll be fine if you don't go around bragging about it, or trying to sell them.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
The Feds aren't going to track down one guy unless you're either selling or downloading massive shit. (And I mean multiple gigs a day and making big money off of it)

S

Shadow Soldier

You're allowed to be selling them in NA. Not in EU I don't think.

Also, Flash Cards aren't really all that illegal. They're basically made so you don't have to lug around all your other ds carts. And you just put them all on there. In that sense it's legal. But in all honest, how is anybody going to find out what you're doing on your card, is illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back