• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does the thought of eternal life in Heaven scare anyone else?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora x1

For some reason the thought of eternal life in Heaven scares me. Like nothing will ever change or end there. And I'll be there forever. I know it's supposed to be perfect and all that...but I can't really fathom Heaven as I am just a human being. What do you guys think?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
yeah I personally dont really have a desire to go to heaven either. I'd rather live on earth... not like how earth is today with all this crime etc. but i dont have that desire to be in heaven really. And I think thats why the Bible in Revelation gives a specific number (if you are Christian, the Christian Bible and view of Heaven) as to how many people will be in heaven taken from the earth, because its not for everyone. 144,000 is the number that i have come to appreciate as that number of people. And those set of people know for sure without a doubt according to the scriptures that they'll be there as long as they uphold their dedications to God, not 1 ounce of doubt. And its not like they'll be up there doing a whole lot of nothing, the Bible says they will be co-rulers with Christ as priests and kings. So they'll have lots of work.

As for the rest of ppl the earth was really made for man so its useful to us and we generally have more of a desire to live on earth and so on... thats how i feel.

sora x1

Well I believe when I die I will go to Heaven but I almost feel like I'll be trapped there.
I'm not sure if this is just some hidden fear of death or what.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
yeah I personally dont really have a desire to go to heaven either. I'd rather live on earth... not like how earth is today with all this crime etc. but i dont have that desire to be in heaven really. And I think thats why the Bible in Revelation gives a specific number (if you are Christian, the Christian Bible and view of Heaven) as to how many people will be in heaven taken from the earth, because its not for everyone. 144,000 is the number that i have come to appreciate as that number of people. And those set of people know for sure without a doubt according to the scriptures that they'll be there as long as they uphold their dedications to God, not 1 ounce of doubt.

Correct me if I am wrong. but that 144,000 only happens after the rapture. others still go to heaven

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^ the rapture? I know that is a wide belief, but where in the Bible is there even mention of it?

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Where else are you going to go? Purgatory? Hell? Or are you going to just stay on Earth?!?

And Smooth, you don't learn religious facts and beliefs just from the Bible. Not everything is in the bible. Some stuff was taken out of it.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
A large portion of the bible was removed due to confliction with the political system of Israel at the time. A lot of it's been warped by the church over time, as well.

As for the Rapture, it's mentioned in Revelations, but most people agree that it was a metaphor for the fall of Rome and nothing else :\

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
A large portion of the bible was removed due to confliction with the political system of Israel at the time. A lot of it's been warped by the church over time, as well.

You are probably referring to the Apocrypha, which has proof against its canonicity and vailidty.

As for the Rapture, it's mentioned in Revelations, but most people agree that it was a metaphor for the fall of Rome and nothing else :\

the word rapture is found nowhere in the Bible... through my studies of the Bible, I believe PERSONALLY, that the whole idea of the rapture is a pure misconception and misapplication of the scriptures due to the viewing just 1 scripture as it is instead of looking at the context and the other scriptures in the Bible which would clearly refute any idea of the Rapture =/

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
You are probably referring to the Apocrypha, which has proof against its canonicity and vailidty.

Canoncity was decided by the Sanhedrin, which wasn't exactly a religious authority. I'm talking more about the alternate gospels cut out of the New Testament, actually.

As for the Rapture, it's just a name given to the events detailed in Revelations. Not necessarily the 144,000 ascending, but the dragon rising from the sea, the whore of babylon, the anti-christ, etc. Which, as I stated earlier is thought of more as a metaphor for Rome falling than anything else.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
For some reason the thought of eternal life in Heaven scares me. Like nothing will ever change or end there. And I'll be there forever. I know it's supposed to be perfect and all that...but I can't really fathom Heaven as I am just a human being. What do you guys think?

When I was younger, that scared the crap out of me, too. The thought of infinity was too much for me to bare. I started becoming impersonal about these subject matters.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
As for the Rapture, it's just a name given to the events detailed in Revelations. Not necessarily the 144,000 ascending, but the dragon rising from the sea, the whore of babylon, the anti-christ, etc. Which, as I stated earlier is thought of more as a metaphor for Rome falling than anything else.

meh? lol the rapture ... this is what i thought about the rapture: The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

I think you are talking about the apocalypse. Thats more of what is spoken about in Revelation... or another word for it.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I think you are talking about the apocalypse. Thats more of what is spoken about in Revelation... or another word for it.

Did you read anything I wrote? The Apocalypse, as you refer to it as, is the same thing as the Rapture. They're both the events outlined in revelations.

Also, sup qj lolol

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Did you read anything I wrote? The Apocalypse, as you refer to it as, is the same thing as the Rapture. They're both the events outlined in revelations.

Well if you can show me thats where the belief of the rapture comes from, then okay, but im not taking just your word for it... everything i've looked at has the rapture as the being caught up not spoken of in Rev. but in 1 Thes.

of course all of the scriptures are connected, however the rapture idea, never from what i looked at, came from Revelation.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

no the rapture is when the dead in christ rise again and we (believers) who are alive and remain shall go into the clouds to meet with our lord in the air. (it is in the Bible...but I don't remember the passage)

What you are referring to is the tribulation!

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
no the rapture is when the dead in christ rise again and we (believers) who are alive and remain shall go into the clouds to meet with our lord in the air. (it is in the Bible...but I don't remember the passage)

What you are referring to is the tribulation!

lol yeah thats what i was trying to explain to him but w/e lol anyway the scripture where the rapture usually comes from is mostly 1 Thessalonians 4:17. (which i still dont agree with the belief but thats where it comes from)

The great tribulation yeah is spoken of in the gospels and described partly in revelation true

KingBlade

by sinspire^
It beats living in hell. If, heaven is going to be a unchanging same-old-same-old place then, send me to it, it really takes your mind off of living in eternity in fire.

Dying is a terrible prospect, but living forever is even worse.

Too true.

I want to know your reasoning behind this!

If I was to live forever and have my friends and family die one by one right in front of my eyes, I would get really depressed and really feel like dieing. Plus, the world changes constantly, and I don't think people want to deal with constant change.

Sephiros_TH

does anyone else here know that the rapture was written in the 1700's after a woman in Poland, or something, had a vision and some dude wrote it down and deemed it cannon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back