• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Divorce

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Yeah, running away is an excellent solution. Just run and live on your own. You'll definitely make a great living on the streets. I heard New York has open jobs where you can hold out the cup of change and hope someone gives you money. Yeah, great decision.

Regardless of what my parents have or will ever put me through, they are my source for food and shelter, so I stay with them until I'm old enough to move out.

Henskie

I'm Batman
^Exactly my family was never a great situation. My father was never around, my mother was trying her best to keep up together. When I did see my dad he just sat on the couch and watched tv. He wouldnt let my two male cousins over to hang out with me because he didnt like them but he would let a female cousin I have over to hang out with my sister. I pretty much was ignored for quite some time by him and I did debate running away many a time but I knew from a logical stand point there was no way I could survive without a good education so ever since I can remember I have had to stick it out bear the yelling and move on

XIII Heartless- where are you going to run to? you more than likely dont have much money. Where are you gonna live? how are you going to make money? Are you just dropping out of school? You cannot survive with the education you have you cant even get a job.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Who cares what happens to me. if it takes me starving to death to get my parents to open their eyes, so be it.

Running away still isn't the answer. Have you at least tried to talk with your parents about it?

Well, if you can't think of a more rational solution, enjoy your life after running away.. -.-

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I Thought about running away >_>;; Never had the courage to actually do it 0.0;;

And XIII Heartless Really, Running away wouldn't really do you any good x.x;; Unless you ran away to a relatives house o.0 or a friend 0.0;;

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
I'm sorry, I know this is support, but running away is no good. For one, you'll worry everyone around you, and two, it wont bring your parents back together because you're being a brat. Instead of "running away", why don't you stay at a friend's house for a few days until things subside? That's what I may end up doing.

It's just more practicial.

Henskie

I'm Batman
*high fives Angel Shards because even though she is asking for advice she is still giving some* Also because you made a very good point

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Well, you'll live. My parents have been married for 18 years, and broke up just under a year ago now. I'm with my Mom, and haven't seen my Dad for months now.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Nothing is going to settle. They are going to split. I'm not staying because they'll make me decide which one to stay with, they'll take me away from my school after I have already made a name for myself with the coaches there, and I don't really care about them worrying. They brought this on themselves. I've actually run away once, but I was only eight and I let a police man lure me into his car (he promised me something, can't remember what) and he took me home where my parents decided to stop arguing for my benefit. Maybe the same thing'll happen this time. If I do run, I've got access to money, don't worry about that. I'll just take some food, and my six most valued possessions (the six Harry Potter books).

Aly-chan

oh u prankstahs ★
Well, I don't really know what a "family" is. My family is now "scattered" because of death. I just figured out my mom was dating a man 5 years ago. And when I figured out my parents weren't together I was 5. Hmm, kinda sweet lying to your 5 year old daughter.

I can't really tell you how to "bear(SP?)" the fact that your parents are spliting because I wouldn't know. In particular my parents have never been together in my life...since I can't remember. But I know everything will "probably" be alright, AS. It's not as bad as you think. BUT here's where the problem is. I see my dad every Tues. Wedns. And weekends. =/ So yeah.

But AS...it's not a bad thing. If you hate both... I have no idea what to say. You can choose who want to be with. You're old enough.

But everything will be alright, okay?

With love~ From Alyalu~♥♥♥

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Well, I know what you feel like. My parents split up. . . about exactly 9 months ago today, if I'm correct.

I didn't know what was going on. My parents called me and my brother into the family room, and told us they were getting a divorce. Needless to say, me and my brother ran out of the house. It took our parents 3 hours to find me, and 3 and a half to find my brother.

That pain is so. . . unreal. It's more than anything physical that can EVER, EVER happen to you. It's just too much to describe.

Life was hard when my dad left. I grew hatred for him, and that hatred still hasn't subsided. And you know what? Less than 6 months later, he moved back into our lives. It was even worse than the break-up.

Just like a snap of the fingers, he was back in our lives. It was extremely hard. Not that much better, though.

I see where you're coming from. It's a hard thing to cope with. But you'll have to get through it. It's really, really, REALLY hard to get through, but, hopefully, you'll manage.

And trust me, if you're not fond of your parents now, wait 'till your dad's gone. You'll hate him (probably your mom, too), a lot.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Well, if you go back to the first page, you get Kat's whole interpretation of it.

I haven't really felt those feelings, except that we pretend nothing goes on when really we have a ton of issues we should all work out. But I've grown up with many different sides, and it gets really annoying sometimes, but...

So, yeah. I don't know. It's a lot of stress, but you get used to it (not really comforting), and I think EVERY family encounters stress, so there you have it. Just another trial to deal with, another annoying quality. But it doesn't matter, because you're still YOU. :D

>.> That sounded better in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back