• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney to end Netflix partnership and create their own streaming service.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
SomeKHFan: In the US, such rental stores are few and far between since Blockbuster died. (Ironically, it was because they told the guy that made Netflix to scram, since he pitched the ideas to them that became Netflix.) In my area, it's Redbox, rental streaming services, the library, or pretty much nothing if you want to rent a movie that's not on Netflix. There's a mom and pop up the street but their selection is not great, and they only take cash, which I usually don't carry with me. (It's a temptation issue there. With cash on hand, I'm tempted to spend it; with the card, I tend to think first.)

I don't know if even Vudu and FandangoNOW have Disney movies at all. I think they have the newer ones at this time for electronic rental, but I haven't tried recently(haven't had any free streaming rentals from Tmobile recently), and I'm not sure if they'll have'em after this comes out.

Not sure on the Disney streaming service for other regions, but there's always a chance that Disney'll flip the bird at the EU, sadly.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i like how all these companies come up with the idea to have their own streaming service as if they think families just have unlimited resources and can really justify paying like $10+ for each of these services a month. like there's what netflix, hulu, amazon, cbs, disney, etc. on top of most people also paying for cable/tv? nah, something's gonna give.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I agree. They're going to have to work hard to make their own streaming service successful, because I don't see most people paying for another one if they have Netflix/Hulu along with basic cable. Disney output (even including Marvel, etc.) alone is not worth its own streaming service, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back