What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discworld

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK the Fat

Reaction score
Discworld is a fantasy world. Basically, it's a giant disc that sits on the backs of four elephants, who in turn circle around on the shell of a giant turtle.

It's not your standard fantasy, though. Though you'll find all the races--humans, dwarves, elves, trolls, gnomes, werewolves, vampires, zombies--this is no Narnia or Lord of the Rings.

Imagine Lord of the Rings set to the humor of Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Discworld is a parody series, and also sattires to much of the world we are familiar to today.

At the end of every book I've read it felt as though I've come away with not only a good read, but also a strong moral. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys fantasy or comedy.

Anyone else familiar with Discworld?

CK the Fat

Reaction score
Indeed :) Pratchett has good works, whehter by himself or in collaberation (Good Omens was a neat book... featuring the one and only Death as a side character)

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Indeed :) Pratchett has good works, whehter by himself or in collaberation (Good Omens was a neat book... featuring the one and only Death as a side character)

Good Omens is one of my favorite books...ever.

if this is anything like that then yeah,i'll read it...(i need the A.R points haha)

Jopari

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Pratchett. The Discworld books have a good mix of humor and seriousness. Christopher Moore is a similar writer who got me introduced to Discworld after someone told me they were similar.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Reaction score
I've read about 8 of them.

If I had to pick a favourite it would probably be Mort or The Color of Magic.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Reaction score
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Terry Pratchett = win

You know, there were actually a few PC games based on Discworld. One or two of them made it onto consoles the early days of 32-bit era. I'd could almost guarantee you they're up for grabs online on a certain site, where underdogs like this have a home.

Reaction score
Awards
Vimes = God, but even he can't compare with Havelock Vetinari. Damn, but that guy is class.

You know, there were actually a few PC games based on Discworld.

Used to have one of them, way ages ago. Can't remember the name, but you played as Rincewind in some kind of point-and-click. Sadly, I was so young and inept at the time I could barely figure out where to go next...

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Reaction score
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Discworld Adventure game that's possibly more hilarious than Sam and Max?

Where do I sign up?

I'm a Pratchett newb D= having only read five books total of the series (Though I'm working on finding the Mort Screenplay for my drama class)

Thor.

Do Our Best
Reaction score
Awards
Having the Drama people do Mort in my school would be soooo freakin' awesome.

Where's the game!!>!>!

C

Crazy Train

I haven't read it yet, but a friend told me about it...................and my brother.

MissDisney

Reaction score
I've read most of the Discworld books (not all...shame!) and I love Mort, Hogfather, Monstrous Regiment and Night Watch. Lord Vetinari's my favourite character (I love his hatred of mimes) and Vimes, Rincewind, Angua, Susan and of course Death are my other faves.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Reaction score
Website
www.classicgaming.com
If you want to find those Discworld adventure games, try Googling the words that stand out in my post on the first page.

About the book Good Omens you mentioned before. . .I haven't heard of it. . .

Good Omens is an entirely separate book Pratchett wrote in partnership with Neil Gaiman of Sandman fame. It's a damned good book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6