• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion: The wasted potential of Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mario

And you don't think Nomura doesn't go a little overboard with that? I understand you need twist and turns but let's tone it down a little bit so that more people can understand what's going on.

But don't think it's only gotten more chaotic since KH2? Again Nomura needs to tone it down a bit and introduce these twist and turns slowly over time. Not jam pack them all in the Xehanort saga. Like time travel and the foretellers and stuff could have been saved for the next saga.

"Introducing these twists and turns slowly over time" has been what Kingdom Hearts has done for most of the overall plot twists unless they're a intricate part of the individual game's plot. The main reason 3D rocked the boat is because they DIDN'T do that with Time Travel or Ansem and Xemnas's plans being parts of Master Xehanort's overall scheme. For those particular twists, it seems they're doing the reverse of their usual approach...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And a little by Sora and Riku at the start of the game. And by Young Xehanort's appearance throughout the game. I mean, did any one really not know who he was when they first saw him?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
And a little by Sora and Riku at the start of the game. And by Young Xehanort's appearance throughout the game. I mean, did any one really not know who he was when they first saw him?
*quietly raises hand*

Well, I did guess that he was probably directly related to Xehanort in some form or fashion, given the silver hair and golden eyes. I didn't think he was a time traveller though. XD

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
*quietly raises hand*

Well, I did guess that he was probably directly related to Xehanort in some form or fashion, given the silver hair and golden eyes. I didn't think he was a time traveller though. XD

You weren't on the forums, so it makes sense, but yeah it was definitely him. They ripped his model from BBS and the hair looked exactly alike, not to mention the mysterious figure from bbs's weapon was literally clock hands.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I still remember freaking the hell out when the dark impetus remix played. I started screaming "MYSTERIOUS FIGURE" all over my house.
Looking back on it, that might be the only time KH has actually shocked me(barring Xion's death).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still remember freaking the hell out when the dark impetus remix played. I started screaming "MYSTERIOUS FIGURE" all over my house.
Looking back on it, that might be the only time KH has actually shocked me(barring Xion's death).
Wish I'd had that context. I never got to play BBS til the 2.5 remix was released, and I never saw the Mysterious Figure fight in the Youtube vids I watched to catch up on the plot.

Kinda neat that his weapons are clock hands, though. I never noticed that detail... I just thought they were lightsabers or something.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wish I'd had that context. I never got to play BBS til the 2.5 remix was released, and I never saw the Mysterious Figure fight in the Youtube vids I watched to catch up on the plot.

Kinda neat that his weapons are clock hands, though. I never noticed that detail... I just thought they were lightsabers or something.

They were both, it's easy to forget that the ethereal blades seem to be Xehanort's substitute when he doesn't have a Keyblade: example: Xemnas

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Wait it shocked you that YMX was the Mysterious Figure?

Xion's death shocked you? It was kind of obvious from before the game even released that she was going to die lol.

(dark impetus is so good tho <3)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wait it shocked you that YMX was the Mysterious Figure?

Xion's death shocked you? It was kind of obvious from before the game even released that she was going to die lol.

I didn't play 2. At the time I only played 1, CoM(gameboy) and Days. Also I rushed through DDD the first time, I didn't even pay attention to the small references.

Xion's death still shocked many people who knew she wasn't in 2.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Xion's death still shocked many people who knew she wasn't in 2.
I can hardly imagine. Interesting.

tumblr_mrawgawaYH1rku80no3_250.gif
tumblr_mrawgawaYH1rku80no4_250.gif

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Not like it has much to do with this thread, but it will be kind of weird playing Days before COM.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I say that going by internet polls and top 10 youtube videos. Results may vary.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Days contradicts CoM so much, it's actually pretty bad lol.

(days contradicts pretty much everything tho so it's kind of par for the course)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Days contradicts CoM so much, it's actually pretty bad lol.

Is it the Riku thing? Its ok, I'm still sour about BBS and the whole keyblade shabam. We can be sour together.

Back on topic, they should have had more bonding scenes with the Dream Eaters.

Awards
Not like it has much to do with this thread, but it will be kind of weird playing Days before COM.
Days was the first game I played, and yeah, I agree. I seriously thought Axel had died at Castle Oblivion and I didn't understand any references to Namine. Or why that Sora guy was floating in a coma pod. Or anything really. :tongue:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Is it the Riku thing? Its ok, I'm still sour about BBS and the whole keyblade shabam. We can be sour together.
It's everything, lol. But more specifically I'm talking about stuff like how the Org hears news about a member dying at CO like a few days into CoM's timeline even tho the first person to die is Vexen and he dies at the end of the game. Xion's appearance doesn't really line up with the timeline either. The Secret Reports timeline also breaks CoM's timelines in place, etc. Days is just a really shoddy game that like tries to force itself into the series' jigsaw puzzle like a factory-reject piece. They can hammer it down as much as they want, but it's clear it doesn't actually belong.

Back on topic, they should have had more bonding scenes with the Dream Eaters.
That would have been nice. I can kind of see why they didn't beyond the beginning and ending of the game. I think most of the bonding was meant to be done by the player Nintendogs-ing them. The logistics of having to keep in mind the players' Dream Eater choices in the cutscenes would make it a logistical nightmare I think to have more bonding cutscenes.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It's everything, lol. But more specifically I'm talking about stuff like how the Org hears news about a member dying at CO like a few days into CoM's timeline even tho the first person to die is Vexen and he dies at the end of the game. Xion's appearance doesn't really line up with the timeline either. The Secret Reports timeline also breaks CoM's timelines in place, etc. Days is just a really shoddy game that like tries to force itself into the series' jigsaw puzzle like a factory-reject piece. They can hammer it down as much as they want, but it's clear it doesn't actually belong.

That would have been nice. I can kind of see why they didn't beyond the beginning and ending of the game. I think most of the bonding was meant to be done by the player Nintendogs-ing them. The logistics of having to keep in mind the players' Dream Eater choices in the cutscenes would make it a logistical nightmare I think to have more bonding cutscenes.

Easily the summary of any KH game save for 1. As for the DE, I found the TWTNW scene with the Komory Bat strange since we saw it once in Traverse.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Days was the first game I played, and yeah, I agree. I seriously thought Axel had died at Castle Oblivion and I didn't understand any references to Namine. Or why that Sora guy was floating in a coma pod. Or anything really. :tongue:
Same. It kind of made Roxas a more relatable character in a way though, didn't it? The feeling of cluelessness is mutual between character and player. XD

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Easily the summary of any KH game save for 1.
Days takes it to another level. The rest of the series more or less fits together satisfactorily. Days doesn't fit at all. It jams itself into the middle of the story, then proceeds to contradict previously established plots and themes, over-convolutes already solved mysteries, and mischaracterizes nearly every single established character. It's ridiculous.

As for the DE, I found the TWTNW scene with the Komory Bat strange since we saw it once in Traverse.
Ah you edited this, lol. Well it was the bat and meow wow right. They were the first Dream Eaters, I think it was just a callback to the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back