• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion: The wasted potential of Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeesusChrist

Let's be honest here: according to the fandom as a whole, every game in this franchise is wasted potential unless it's the original game or Chain of Memories.
Well, its true. Alot of it could've been summed up in KH II, and the rest in KH III. I think "Birth By Sleep" and "358/2 Days" are the only side games that needed to be made. They were very more relevant to the plot. Maybe after KH II, "358/2 Days" should've been a longer, fuller length PS2 game. That would've been cool. And since we didn't get a KH game for PS3, BBS could've been made into a PS3 game, with a longer story and PS3 graphics. Just a big game with the same treatment as the two in the main series. Then I think fans would've been satisfied until KH III.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think "Birth By Sleep" and "358/2 Days" are the only side games that needed to be made. They were very more relevant to the plot.
5lcqdy.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Ha, you actually made a graph...
Still, everyone likes to rag on DDD's writing. Even though those small, individual moments were really good (ask Audo if ya don't remember em), everyone complains about how the plot's all diddlyed up thanks to DDD.

Michael Mario

Well, its true. Alot of it could've been summed up in KH II, and the rest in KH III. I think "Birth By Sleep" and "358/2 Days" are the only side games that needed to be made. They were very more relevant to the plot. Maybe after KH II, "358/2 Days" should've been a longer, fuller length PS2 game. That would've been cool. And since we didn't get a KH game for PS3, BBS could've been made into a PS3 game, with a longer story and PS3 graphics. Just a big game with the same treatment as the two in the main series. Then I think fans would've been satisfied until KH III.

Agreed. Honestly, BBS, Days, and even 3D's biggest issues came as a result of being made for handheld platforms. I like my DS, 3DS, and at one point my PSP, don't get me wrong... but telling a story with the same scope as the numbered titles just isn't going to work on weaker hardware than either of them. Re:Coded and Chain of Memories's stories were more compact and smaller, so they fit into their respective platforms of origin like a glove.

Problem was, Square was already struggling with HD development at the time and the PS2 was no longer relevant. Handhelds were significantly more popular in Square's primary market of Japan, so they didn't see the point of putting extra time and money into developing them for home consoles when the DS and PSP were more lucrative markets. I honestly still love both games, but I'll acknowledge they have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back