• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointed with Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
You're right, delusional wasn't the right word, but I was rushing.

Anyway, the difference is that there is other evidence besides hair to connect Terra and Xehanort, not so with Xion. What did you expect? As Xion dies, she says "oh, by the way, I'm a replica of this guy Xemnas used to know before he lost his memory and turned evil". I mean really, not only has Aqua not been intoduced in the series yet, but Square is probably trying to keep it some sort of secret that Terra turns into Xehanort. Giving it away before Sleep comes out would be stupid. On the other hand, making Xion a replica and unbirths also replicas makes perfect sense. The Unbirth's origins would make sense as in a standalone, and longtime players could look at it and say, "oh, those Unbirth are like the replicas from previous games.

So in conclusion, if Aqua has any connection with Xion in the end, it's probably that she too is an Unbirth. Or related to Kairi. Take your pick.

I wasn't implying that I wanted to see a confirmed connection between Xion and Aqua, but some kind of hint towards it. The fact that there were none, and that Nomura has not brought up an even remote possibility in subsequent interviews pretty much seals the deal that there is no connection.

I wasn't expecting Xion to be all like, "I am connected to someone named Aqua who disappeared over 10 years ago." That'd be irrational.

Instead, I was expecting to see something along the Xemnas/Roxas scene. The shoulder pat is a clear indication of a connection between Xemnas and Terra. While most people won't see it, the hint will be meaningful in retrospect after BbS.

1. To hell with all the excessive originals, what disappointed me the most was the mistreatment of the Disney characters. No Peter Pan, no Alice, no Gaston, no Pinocchio world, no fights with Hook, Queen of Hearts or Hades. The characters that do appear are reduced even more to unimportant filler than before. There also seems to be this weird theme with supporting cast of the represented films getting more screen time than the actual main characters.

The excuse given is that the org is apparently suppose to be secretive during this time & thus couldn't interact with the locals. But between the lack of secrecy they had in KH2, the characters Roxas still did interacted with anyway & the ever common amnesia plot devices in the series, it just didn't seem like sound enough reasoning for disregarding the core premise of the whole franchise. Besides Neverland wasn't even in KH2, what was there to lose in Roxas encountering Hook & Pan?

2. Too many heartless palette swaps. Particularly lame when it comes to bosses. I mean really, the superboss is a wyvern recolor? That's the best they could up with? In fact there were too many heartless bosses period, after a while I really wanted to fight something that wasn't yet another random heartless.

3. No online, single card download or even bots in Mission mode, making it a heck of a lot harder to enjoy than it should've been. For that matter, there's no online in Dissidia or DQ9 either. Yet a Crystal Chronicles on DS does have online multiplayer, how does any of that possibly add up?!

4. They still manage to not have the actual Neverland island itself again.

5. No you-know-who going into his you-know-what mode as the final boss. OK, so it's kinda weird to deplete a boss' HP just to see him be the victor in the following cutscene but it would keeping in semi-tradition & the actual final boss is a let down after the penultimate boss.

The Disney plots and incorporation was even poorer than it was in CoM. Which I thought was hardly possible.
I mean, at least CoM had its fair share of Disney bosses.
Pretty much agree with all of your points.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've only seen trailers, and already the localisation has managed to disappoint me. They butchered Saix's line in that scene where he reveals Axel's true name. They made Saix openly jealous about Roxas and Axel's friendship, even going so far as to call Saix and Axel's friendship the 'real' one. What the hell. That's not what that scene was about, and that's not how that relationship should be interpreted.
Hopefully in context it will make more sense...

A

Audo

I've only seen trailers, and already the localisation has managed to disappoint me. They butchered Saix's line in that scene where he reveals Axel's true name. They made Saix openly jealous about Roxas and Axel's friendship, even going so far as to call Saix and Axel's friendship the 'real' one. What the hell. That's not what that scene was about, and that's not how that relationship should be interpreted.
Hopefully in context it will make more sense...
I wouldn't put much stock in it personally.

I believe, as with the Japanese game, the scene shown in the trailer will differ from the one that makes it into the game. I'd hope at least.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
What I was disappointed about?

Firstly having to fight nobodies even though Roxas is a member. Somehow that just pissed me off.

Secondly, overly powerful heartless bosses with one hit attacks, resulting in Roxas dying when the 10 bars of hp monstrosity has one bar left, and having to restart. On the plus side, it emphasizes my constant belief that heartless are stronger than nobodies, as it is obvious that even members of the organisation can lose to high level heartlesses.

Oh, and the fact that Xion had no relation to Aqua made me happy somehow, cause I would just have felt the insignificancy of the story if it was linked to a game that is still in production, I mean, aren't the Ven references enough already?

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
oh come on guys cant you wait for the english game to come out before you make this thread? some people dont even have or gotten to play the game yet :C

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
because it was the on the front page for the spoilers section and i was wondering why people were disappointed with days >.>

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So you weren't saying 'don't make spoilerific threads in the spoiler section'? Then, what were you actually trying to say...? 'Don't snark on the game cause it's not out in English yet'...?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I stick to the opinion that those who thought she would have a conection with Aqua were delusional, especially seeing as, you know, BbS comes out AFTER days, and they wouln't give a filler character a connection to someone who hasn't even been formerly introduced in the series.
Uh...Xion turned into Ven for a bit. As far as I know, Ven hasn't been formerly introduced into the series either.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
My only problem with days was some of the heartless hp's seemed way to high... ( The monster truck thing @ beast's castle, the stupid spider thing @ holloween town, and i hated killing those silver bell heartless things that ran on a set track in wonderland....) other wise i liked the game.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So, we who speak Japanese and understand the game fine without needing to wait for the English release, and those who've read the translations that I and others have worked very hard on, should just refrain from discussing our opinions until the game comes out in English? I don't really understand why...

trixchasin

My only problem with days was some of the heartless hp's seemed way to high... ( The monster truck thing @ beast's castle, the stupid spider thing @ holloween town, and i hated killing those silver bell heartless things that ran on a set track in wonderland....) other wise i liked the game.

ditto. those were my my most frustrating fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back