• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Xehanort get off too lightly?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
There are some fans who feel that Xehanort got odd to lightly despite losing the X Blade, his philosophy being dismantled and his Organization. I feel very similar to this but I also understand that this might be wrong. What do you think about this?

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This old ass man got his ass whooped across multiple games, alternate versions or incarnations included, throughout the years he's been alive and well after he finally passed on to only see the heartless and nobody versions get wrecked as well. Whether we're talking about Master Xehanort or him as a collective, no one can argue that (excluding DDD) he's thoroughly been thwarted in every major release. Yall wanna really get in your feelings over his "fade to black" exit in III?

Miss me with that, that ass whoopin that lead to his eventual demise speaks for itself.

AR829038

Awards
An old man got beaten to death with a key by an anime boy and his Disney pet friends. If that ain't punishment, I don't wanna know what is.

Xirix

Awards
Well, he 'did' die, but at the same time he got to become a young force-ghost with his old best friend who instantly forgave him for some reason, they really shouldn't have done that scene in my opinion, it made it a huge anticlimax.

Chie

Awards
Well, he 'did' die, but at the same time he got to become a young force-ghost with his old best friend who instantly forgave him for some reason, they really shouldn't have done that scene in my opinion, it made it a huge anticlimax.
As opposed to what, Eraqus torturing him in hell??

Yes, the dead die and move on. These two old men were ready to do so.

Xirix

Awards
As opposed to what, Eraqus torturing him in hell??

Yes, the dead die and move on. These two old men were ready to do so.
Well, no, he should have just died. Or had a 'very' brief emotional/dramatic exit, what they did dragged on too much and ultimately hurt the climax of the scene.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I am in the boat of the people who say he got off too easy, he tortured Ven, a 15 or 14 year old kid, played body snatcher with Terra and Riku (Terra getting the worst of it), sentenced Aqua to 10 years of Hell, lied to and manipulated people, and last but not least, he killed Kairi forcing Sora to use the power waking, and after all that he got a happy ending with Eraqus, needless to say yeah he got off too easy.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I feel as though this fandom has a weird "punishment" fetish when it comes to the antag of the Dark Seeker Saga.
/I'm not actually serious

Yeah, and went to what looked like Heaven.
Cycle of rebirth is literally the bread and butter of the franchise, no one is exempt from this. Light. Dark. Just look at Maleficent for example. The game has to maintain it's ESRB E10+ rating.

Well, no, he should have just died. Or had a 'very' brief emotional/dramatic exit, what they did dragged on too much and ultimately hurt the climax of the scene.
I could write a novel about Sora stabbing himself and "dying" in slow motion was "dragged out" but that point would be lost as the protagonist we're generally supposed to feel good about is incomparable to the Saga's big bad.

Yall complaining about his exit. Me? I'm pulling out the camera taking selfies in the final boss phase and posting to the fake instagram in the game with captions sayin, "10 likes and i'll slap his bald head", but hey, it's just a difference in priorities ya dig?

Chie

Awards
Yeah, and went to what looked like Heaven.
Taking an issue with this is so philosophically loaded though. That's not actually said or depicted (he just floats up into the sky), but if we assume that's the case, then again, what's the alternative? Xehanort is consigned to hell and all the heroes rejoice about how people who are Objectively Evil are eternally tortured for their sins? That kind of objective divine moral philosophy is simply not held by the game, and is imo very weird to hold in real life. Instead, souls simply move on.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Taking an issue with this is so philosophically loaded though. That's not actually said or depicted (he just floats up into the sky), but if we assume that's the case, then again, what's the alternative? Xehanort is consigned to hell and all the heroes rejoice about how people who are Objectively Evil are eternally tortured for their sins? That kind of objective divine moral philosophy is simply not held by the game, and is imo very weird to hold in real life. Instead, souls simply move on.
Fair enough.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
We have no idea what happened to Xehanort and Eraqus after they passed into the sky.

The only three afterlives we've seen are The Underworld, The Final World, and the very rare case of Quadratum which is made out to be an unusual circumstance. We have no reason to assume that Xehanort went to some paradise but rather is on some even playing field where all the dead go. Xehanort left with Eraqus but he certainly did pay _some_ sort of price.

If you're ignoring how he's standing alone while Eraqus is being embraced by his beloved pupils who are sobbing...I mean, jesus, read the fucking room. He's really alone and his legacy is an empty one of pain. He left a bad mark on the world and he realizes that now.

Anyway, this isn't the end of him. Dark Road heavily implies he'll be in Quadratum and so does the final QnA with Nomura (not to mention the Xehanort art that has him in a famous Japanese park that's in Shibuya)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just wanted a “death” like the one Ansem got in 1, Marluxia got in CoM and Xemnas in 2.

Which boils it down to moaning/groaning in pain while flailing arms as cool effects flutter around, dissipating into nothing.

Extra bonus points if they had him reaching towards Kingdom Hearts, or have it reflected in his eyes as it all fades away.
Just another tool of destiny.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I just wanted a “death” like the one Ansem got in 1, Marluxia got in CoM and Xemnas in 2.

Which boils it down to moaning/groaning in pain while flailing arms as cool effects flutter around, dissipating into nothing.

Extra bonus points if they had him reaching towards Kingdom Hearts, or have it reflected in his eyes as it all fades away.
the dlc has this

GreyouTT

Awards
We altered time just to beat him senseless while at the height of his power, at that point all he can do is give up. RingosAdvice.png

angryflier

Awards
Website
www.bangladesh-bank.org

It would be even more dramatic if he reached out for Kingdom Hearts or reflected it in his eyes when it all fades away, showing that he still craves power even as he dies.

Back